IGNORED

Big Niges message to the fans

maxjak

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I generally see my self as a dyed in the wool cynic......................but i have to say even I was impressed by Niges message to all us supporters, nice touch?  Might even sell a few more season tickets?

Also a cynic, but I felt that the words were Nigels own, rather than a prepared script. Quite refreshing after some of the Corporate speak we have had to endure over recent times.

Be careful what you wish for Nige.....it wouldn't take much to turn AG into a tinder box of emotion after so long away. 

I renewed 2 weeks ago....looking forward to seeing live football.....and (hopefully) see a marked improvement in our performance. 

#glasshalffull

COYRs!!!!!

1 hour ago, woodsy62 said:

Yep he's been really impressive so far his coaching and tactics have been fantastic roll on next seasons relegation battle 

I wish we would have employed (.............) as well. Maybe next time?

38 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Good job that was filmed before yesterday's debacle. Pretty sure he's been in a foul mood ever since.  

If there was any doubt before I'm pretty sure he now knows who's leaving !

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

There's an end of seasons "awards" .....

Award for what?!

Taking part! It’s a thing now! Apparently....

The bloke has had a free hit since he came here. But that’s something to be thankful for. 

Me I’m firmly in the Pearson camp. 

2 hours ago, woodsy62 said:

Yep he's been really impressive so far his coaching and tactics have been fantastic roll on next seasons relegation battle 

Well ever the Optomist, I would hope next season we will be emulating Barnsley.

26 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Think he might have added one or two more to that list after yesterday, judging by this comment: "I'm going to recalibrate how it looks and what we need".

Ouch.

Yep, just what we need, remaining players will be under no illusions as to what he requires from them.

12 hours ago, woodsy62 said:

Hang in there woodsy. This is a massive gamble by both parties, especially given results so far. But it's clear Nige is up for the challenge. If he gets the backing he wants then I've every confidence he will do a good job. You may well be right about next season, I don't think it will be pretty! At least the decks have been cleared and all the nonsense of the last few seasons has been exposed for what it was. It's a start, but there is obviously a long way to go. COYR!

10 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Hang in there woodsy. This is a massive gamble by both parties, especially given results so far. But it's clear Nige is up for the challenge. If he gets the backing he wants then I've every confidence he will do a good job. You may well be right about next season, I don't think it will be pretty! At least the decks have been cleared and all the nonsense of the last few seasons has been exposed for what it was. It's a start, but there is obviously a long way to go. COYR!

The important thing is that fans are realistic. As long as the effort is there, we show a big improvement on the performance side and retain Championship status next season then Pearson has hit the year 1 target imo. Then we can start thinking about pushing on and aiming for a top half finish and beyond.

It will be pointless fans moaning that we aren’t top 10 and pushing for play offs because the turnaround for that cannot be made in two transfer windows unless we get incredibly lucky in terms of recruitment being way above expectations AND everyone gelling pretty much immediately. Won’t happen realistically, there’s too much work to be done.

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The important thing is that fans are realistic. As long as the effort is there, we show a big improvement on the performance side and retain Championship status next season then Pearson has hit the year 1 target imo. Then we can start thinking about pushing on and aiming for a top half finish and beyond.

It will be pointless fans moaning that we aren’t top 10 and pushing for play offs because the turnaround for that cannot be made in two transfer windows unless we get incredibly lucky in terms of recruitment being way above expectations AND everyone gelling pretty much immediately. Won’t happen realistically, there’s too much work to be done.

I totally agree with this, we need to have a sense of perspective and realism. I`m not expecting us to tear up any trees next season but if we do a Barnsley it`s a bonus.

Sadly it won`t stop the `we want instant gratification` entitled ones calling for bedsheets on Twitter and Facebook if we lose three in a row though.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I totally agree with this, we need to have a sense of perspective and realism. I`m not expecting us to tear up any trees next season but if we do a Barnsley it`s a bonus.

Sadly it won`t stop the `we want instant gratification` entitled ones calling for bedsheets on Twitter and Facebook if we lose three in a row though.

Quite right. I'm not sure about the bedsheets though, given the amount of bedwetting on here over Nige's start! Patience will be rewarded I'm sure, some people just don't see the wider picture at the moment.

Hopefully, get the transfer business done early, before pre-season. Nigel can then work with a new squad to give us our best chance of pushing for the play-offs.

Better still Nigel, get us automatic promotion and you will be a City God forever!

6 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Hopefully, get the transfer business done early, before pre-season. Nigel can then work with a new squad to give us our best chance of pushing for the play-offs.

Better still Nigel, get us automatic promotion and you will be a City God forever!

Dont think that will happen next season

Will take 2 ,3 or evenmore transfer windows to get where we all want to be

I think a lot of patience will be needed Which will be very hard for some on here

who want everything their way NOW

Archived