IGNORED

Four players needed in the summer

And Its Smith

I don’t see how we need ten players as a lot seem to be suggesting.  The play offs will not be a realistic target given the massive number of players leaving but with four new players and using the youth players we can really start building

Release: Hunt, Baker, Diedhiou, Paterson, Watkins, Lansbury, Mariappa, Simpson, Adelakun, Sessegnon

Loan out: Palmer, Towler

Sign: right back, centre back, midfielder, striker

New contract: Walsh

This assumes that Wells will stick around as will be hard to sell him.  Maybe a loan out and then buy two strikers.

Bentley, O’Leary, Wollocott

NEW RB, Dasilva, Pring, NEW CB, Kalas, Moore, Vyner, Cundy

NEW MF,Bakinson, Massengo, Nagy, Walsh, Williams,

Scott, O’Dowda, Weimann, Pearson, Bell, Semenyo

NEW ST, Martin, Wells, Conway

I believe we need more than just the 4 new players .

release : adelakun , hunt ,rowe , Lansbury ,mariappa, Paterson ,fam , baker , gilmartin,watkins 

offer walsh new terms 

nagy and moore can also leave for a small fee 

Keep:

Goalkeeper:Bentley,O’Leary 

defenders: pring ,dasilva,Kalas, vyner , cundy

midfielders:O’Dowda,Williams ,walsh ,bakinson,massengo,Palmer, 

forwards: wells weimann Martin semenyo 

Try and get sess on another season long loan dont think we have seen the best of him.

Keep integrating the youngster into the first team .

think we need 3 defenders 

at least 1 winger if not 2  and a dominating centre mid 

1 proven goalscorer 

6/7 new players and get rid of the dead wood.

8 minutes ago, Super said:

We need more than one CB and more than one Striker.

Definitely, as for every position you need two players to allow for injuries, suspensions or loss of form. With the current central defenders, Moore looks a bit lightweight and Candy is unproven at Championship level. As for the forwards, Conway has prospects but he’s young and it’s unrealistic to expect him to be a regular starter. 

One big conundrum for Pearson is will Williams and Walsh be fully fit next season? If they are they almost count as new signings. 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Definitely, as for every position you need two players to allow for injuries, suspensions or loss of form. With the current central defenders, Moore looks a bit lightweight and Candy is unproven at Championship level. As for the forwards, Conway has prospects but he’s young and it’s unrealistic to expect him to be a regular starter. 

One big conundrum for Pearson is will Williams and Walsh be fully fit next season? If they are they almost count as new signings. 

Conway would be fourth choice striker in my squad so not regular starter

Its not realistic for us to have 2 championship proven players for every position so a fair few of a 27 man squad will need to be Cundy, Moore etc

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t see how we need ten players as a lot seem to be suggesting.  The play offs will not be a realistic target given the massive number of players leaving but with four new players and using the youth players we can really start building

Release: Hunt, Baker, Diedhiou, Paterson, Watkins, Lansbury, Mariappa, Simpson, Adelakun, Sessegnon

Loan out: Palmer, Towler

Sign: right back, centre back, midfielder, striker

New contract: Walsh

This assumes that Wells will stick around as will be hard to sell him.  Maybe a loan out and then buy two strikers.

Bentley, O’Leary, Wollocott

NEW RB, Dasilva, Pring, NEW CB, Kalas, Moore, Vyner, Cundy

NEW MF,Bakinson, Massengo, Nagy, Walsh, Williams,

Scott, O’Dowda, Weimann, Pearson, Bell, Semenyo

NEW ST, Martin, Wells, Conway

I think you definitely need to add a wide man to your list. That is an option all squads need.

I think we need 5 players, a right back to replace Hunt who has been poor & Simpson is a squad player if he stays.

A centre back that is aerially strong & experienced, we have promise in Vyner & possibly Cundy, but do need a leader there.

A wide midfielder, O’Dowda, Weimann & Semenyo can all play wide but we need one more, hopefully with more of a goal threat than 2 of these.

A central midfielder who is experienced & can help us control games better.

A striker to replace Fam, who is mobile & puts defenders under more pressure.

Matthew Olosunde at Rotherham, Sonny Bradley (Luton), Jordan Graham (Gillingham), Matty James & Dion Charles (Accrington) would be ideal, the first 4 are all out of contract this summer.

Definitely need a couple of wide players with case and who bring a goal threat.

Has Kwado Baah gone to Watford yet? Looks a real talent and a fee of only £125k was reported. The possibility of more regular first team football could appeal to him. 

Just now, JonDolman said:

I expect Nige probably will sign a winger. A lot of it depends on how we play for me.

We already have Semenyo, O'Dowda and Weimann. All of which have played most games in their careers on the wing.

We also have Edwards and Pearson, 2 exciting wingers coming through.

Scott reminds me of a Grealish and Cantwell type, both being wide playmakers that drift inside. I would not be at all surprised to see Scott become that kind of player.

So it might depend a bit on if one of those young players can impress enough for Nige to trust them.

It all comes down to how Nige wants to play. If he wants to always have 2 out and out wingers on the pitch, and lets assume Edwards and Pearson are not yet trusted, then maybe we need one more winger in. Sowah of Leicester on loan who seems to have an excellent loan with OH Leuven, scoring and providing goals.

Or he might not be so keen on the idea of wingers. If Wells is the main man up top then wingers might not be what is needed.

All one big unknown isn’t it?

Its interesting you mention about wide players drifting inside.  One of our biggest problems is the rigidity of our players when playing wide....and I’m talking about receiving the ball positions.  They hug the touch lines, they are easy to mark, they don’t create space for their own full-backs, or even for the strikers to run down the sides of the CBs, by dragging their opposing full-back shirt.  I find it incredible at this level how one dimensional they play.

Semenyo might dribble in off the right, but bar the goal v Millwall in FAC, he doesn’t do it enough.  Coventry (a), although he was a threat (when he did get on the ball), he narrowed so many passing options for Simpson.

The best our wide midfielders have played this season was when Adelakun and Palmer played left and right for a couple of games.  Adelakun, although probably not good enough) showed much more positional intelligence and movement than others who are rated higher on here.

We aren’t fluid enough, we are easily stifled as a result.  It is not about being tactically disciplined, it’s about having football intelligence to know how to create space and passing options.

For myself:

OUT

Releases: Mariappa, Rowe, Lansbury, Z. Smith, Baker, Diedhiou, Paterson, Hunt, Simpson, Watkins, Adelakun, Walsh (Compensation), Gilmartin, Sessognon. 

Sell: Moore (p/e), Wells (£1m), Bentley (Don't want to, but feel we would need income - £6m), Nagy (£2m), Semenyo (£4m).

Loan Out - Sam Bell, Ryley Towler, Sam Pearson, Saikou Janneh, Louis Britton. 

OUT Total - 24, £13.5m Eq.

Replace Coaching staff, namely the fitness and conditioning team. 

IN (Examples) 

Promote: Owura Edwards, Tommy Conway, Robbie Cundy, Cameron Pring, Alex Scott.

Free: Ryan Nyambe (Blackburn, RB), Luke O'Nein (Sunderland, Utlity/RB), Amine Bassi (AS Nancy, LW/AM), Sam Field (WBA, CM), Mario Vrancic (Norwich, Free). 

Loan: Benkovic (Leicester, CB).

Transfer Fees: Jerry Yates (Blackpool, £1.5m + Moore, RW/ST), Mohamed Bayo (Clermont, £2.7m(€3m), LW/ST). Alex Palmer (WBA, £2m, GK). 

IN Total: - 9, £6.7m Eq. 

SUPPOSED OUTCOME

Profit/Loss - +£6.8m, to be spent on other targets, or save for the Jan window.

Squad:

Palmer, Nyambe, Kalas, Benkovic, DaSilva, Massengo, Field, Williams (VC), O'Dowda, Yates, Bayo.

Bench: O'Leary, Vyner, Pring, Vrancic (C), Bakinson, Bassi, Martin. 

Reserves: O'Nein, Edwards, Conway, Cundy, Scott, others. 

All Hypothetical - its highly unlikely the clearout will be that uncompromising. 

I have said this elsewhere but I would go for five players. That is not to say I am happy with the squad but the more we sign, the thinner we spread our resources and I would rather money was spent on the necessary quality than nine or ten scattershot signings.

For me:

GK: Bentley, O’Leary

RB New first team quality right back, loaned in back up/rotation right back 

CB New dominant CB, Kalas, Vyner, Cundy, new deal for Baker 

LB Dasilva, Pring

CM Williams, new deal for Walsh, Massengo, Bakinson, Scott, Palmer, Nagy

LW/RW New quality left winger, Weimann, Semenyo, Pearson

FW New dominant striker, Wells, Martin, Bell, Conway 

Of course that is not a perfect squad but hopefully four quality new signings would give us something to build on rather than bulkbuying mediocre players, which would inevitably happen if we went for ten or eleven new signings.

The challenge for me is the likely success rate, if we get above average and we are 50% successful in recruiting quality good enough to challenge at the top of the league  and fit in and are the positions we need then if we need 4 then we will likely need to sign 8, if we need 10 then we will likely need 20 players. 20 players is ridiculous amount of players and will undoubtedly create a completely different culture throwing any baby we do have firmly out with the bathwater.

I think 4 (so 8 ) is far more reasonable with some expectation of midtable rather than relegation candidates - you can get into the existing players and the 8 new ones a lot easier than 20 new plus the existing. 

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its interesting you mention about wide players drifting inside.  One of our biggest problems is the rigidity of our players when playing wide....and I’m talking about receiving the ball positions.  They hug the touch lines, they are easy to mark, they don’t create space for their own full-backs, or even for the strikers to run down the sides of the CBs, by dragging their opposing full-back shirt.  I find it incredible at this level how one dimensional they play.

Semenyo might dribble in off the right, but bar the goal v Millwall in FAC, he doesn’t do it enough.  Coventry (a), although he was a threat (when he did get on the ball), he narrowed so many passing options for Simpson.

The best our wide midfielders have played this season was when Adelakun and Palmer played left and right for a couple of games.  Adelakun, although probably not good enough) showed much more positional intelligence and movement than others who are rated higher on here.

We aren’t fluid enough, we are easily stifled as a result.  It is not about being tactically disciplined, it’s about having football intelligence to know how to create space and passing options.

I was going to mention that when we played coventry. The staying wide bit. Think we were 433 or 4231. There was no one remotely near Wells to support him. Semenyo will drive forward but often chooses to go down the line from deeper then cuts in closer to the goal. 

Think this maybe is rectified with a preseason and a style of play. I am all for a winger though. An actual winger who can take on the defender with more quickness, skill and creativity. Semenyo and O’Dowda are more of a pace and power combo which is easier to defend at times with more defensive teams. Someone you can constantly feed the ball to and make something happen. Think Benrhama and Buendia. These were excellent finds by these clubs and something I feel we miss. 

All OOC gone except Weimann. Not my favourite player but you get everything he has in any position. We will need that and his experience next season. 

Then I’d sell a couple with value to generate some funds. Bentley and Nagy ideally. Bentley I’d take 4m for and Nagy 1-2m I still think he’d go for to a European side. 

Our squad then looks like this

GK - O’Leary

RB - 

CB - Vyner Kalas Moore Cundy

LB - Dasilva Pring Nurse

CM - Williams Bakinson Massengo Palmer Scott

Wing - Weimann O’Dowda Semenyo Pearson

ST - Wells Martin Janneh Conway

That is 21 players to start with. I’d then target 5-6 top players. Dominant CB, two top wingers, top striker, top RB and another good midfielder. That would take us to 27 players. Now I get a few of those are quite young and could use a loan but I’d rather fill the squad with youth than journeyman. Can also add a loan or two to maybe allow 1-2 of those to go on loan though. 

Think people will have gotten used to the LJ clubs in the bag and squad of 30 players that have played at a professional level. That is not sustainable though. We need to get away from signing players like Watkins, Rowe, Martin, Simpson and Lansbury. Probably 8-12k a week each in there. What I mean is we do not need to replace these players when they go. Maybe 1 a season is ok but we have loaded up recently and I feel they have set us back. Hell, yesterday it was those 28-35 year olds who let us down yesterday. Get rid and find young hungry players. 

Also, use the versatility in the squad. Example, if we sign another CB and a RB, we will have 5 CB and 1 RB. Use Vyner at RB to rest the starter or cover for injury or suspension. I think most of us realise the volume of injuries this season were freaky and there isn’t much faith in the medical staff. Also, slightly less condensed fixtures next season(presumably). I’d hope we improve drastically in that part of the club. 

Now, that won’t look great written down. I know, you know and the club know that. In the end, it will come down to who we recruit. That is what it usually boils down to. We need to hit on 3-4 of those 5-6 players to be comfortable imo. Less and it could be a battle at the bottom of the table. More and you never know. I feel more comfortable with NP making these decisions though. He knows the league. He won’t underestimate it and will know what kind of player needed to be successful. Not guaranteed success but feel better about this summer than I did a week ago. 

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s a really good point about Adelakun, I don’t think he’s good enough either but it was the only time we have had his type (tall, physical, playing solely for the team) out wide & certainly in the 2 home games he did well, we also won both of them & have only done so once since then..

I’m a bit intrigued whether NP will be able to spend what he brings in. 

We don’t know 20/21’s finances as a starting point for this summer, but it’s got to be a £25m loss, with reduced income through the season for both City and AG Ltd.  Costs will’ve gone down a bit too, but there is no transfer profit this season to bolster the financial accounts.

Next season’s starting cost base will be lower because of the players leaving, Baker and Diedhiou, two of bigger earners, and their associated amortisation costs too.

But for every £1m brought in, we can’t just think about it in terms of fees spent recruiting replacements, but their wage costs too.

in @Fuber’s post, what is the increased wage bill of:

Free: Ryan Nyambe (Blackburn, RB), Luke O'Nein (Sunderland, Utlity/RB), Amine Bassi (AS Nancy, LW/AM), Sam Field (WBA, CM), Mario Vrancic (Norwich, Free). 

Transfer Fees: Jerry Yates (Blackpool, £1.5m + Moore, RW/ST), Mohamed Bayo (Clermont, £2.7m(€3m), LW/ST). Alex Palmer (WBA, £2m, GK). 

We probably need to re-contract some of our own players too, to avoid going into the following summer with players walking for free.

Its gonna be a very difficult balancing act, he’s gonna need to be smart, and SL to give him a sensible budget (not necessarily transfer fee kitty).

I think NP will be considering a phased approach, given the importance of building a side incrementally, the size of the task and the financial situation.

This closed season phase 1 - get rid of dead wood and OoC players / bring in 4 or 5 in key positions (through a combination of loans and transfers), loan out a few who need regular games / experience.

January window phase 2 - having strengthened and created a better balance to the team and developed the mind set that NP requires evaluate and consider where we need to invest further which may mean 2 or 3 further transactions and/or bringing back players we’ve loaned out.

Next closed season phase 3 - take stock and get rid / recruit accordingly. 

phase 4 a team which is good enough and capable of challenging tor promotion.

This is consistent with his three year deal and his comments about it being a journey which will require several windows. 

23 minutes ago, bris red said:

We should never have sold Eliasson..

Totally agree, but I think he maybe wanted to go.  Perhaps Eliasson could see the future better than the management.  We need:

• Good crossers of the ball. Eliasson was good.
  • Someone who can take corners, Eliasson was good.
  • Someone with a good long throw would be useful (remember Magnússon). 
  • A good free kick taker or two (Scott may be that man, Paterson OK if he stays).
  • We are short of tall players.
  • But most of all we need a leader or two.  Kalas seems too quiet.  Korey Smith was better.  None of the older players bought in the last couple of years seem to be leaders.

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

We also need two decent wide players who are creative and can be relied upon to defend and attack 

There's only one way to beat them, get round the back. 

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We don’t know 20/21’s finances as a starting point for this summer, but it’s got to be a £25m loss, with reduced income through the season for both City and AG Ltd.  Costs will’ve gone down a bit too, but there is no transfer profit this season to bolster the financial accounts.

Next season’s starting cost base will be lower because of the players leaving, Baker and Diedhiou, two of bigger earners, and their associated amortisation costs too.

But for every £1m brought in, we can’t just think about it in terms of fees spent recruiting replacements, but their wage costs too.

Free: Ryan Nyambe (Blackburn, RB), Luke O'Nein (Sunderland, Utlity/RB), Amine Bassi (AS Nancy, LW/AM), Sam Field (WBA, CM), Mario Vrancic (Norwich, Free). 

Transfer Fees: Jerry Yates (Blackpool, £1.5m + Moore, RW/ST), Mohamed Bayo (Clermont, £2.7m(€3m), LW/ST). Alex Palmer (WBA, £2m, GK). 

We probably need to re-contract some of our own players too, to avoid going into the following summer with players walking for free.

Its gonna be a very difficult balancing act, he’s gonna need to be smart, and SL to give him a sensible budget (not necessarily transfer fee kitty).

Who do we have OOC in 2022 Fevs? Anyone that we either want to tie down or get rid of?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

It all comes down to how Nige wants to play. If he wants to always have 2 out and out wingers on the pitch, and lets assume Edwards and Pearson are not yet trusted, then maybe we need one more winger in. Sowah of Leicester on loan who seems to have an excellent loan with OH Leuven, scoring and creating goals.

Sowah can't get a work permit at the moment, has a had a Ghana call up but needs some caps I think. Idk the details of it all but from what I've read I'm not sure we'll be able to get one this summer. But even when he does, he'll be around the first team for a bit given our lack of real wide options and tbh if it was then decided he needs another loan, I'd expect we'd be targeting a better level

Our team now is pretty weak. Even compared to the season with Webster our squad depth was so much stronger. It shows how badly this clubs been run and the shambles of recruitment due to this. We need a lot of players and of real quality. 

2x RB, 2xCB (if Baker is released), CM, Winger, Striker 

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

Who do we have OOC in 2022 Fevs? Anyone that we either want to tie down or get rid of?

image.thumb.jpeg.3815f0e5d007649e75cf0a532997bf29.jpeg
I’ve sneakily assumed that Weimann will be retained via club one-year option at least, and Walsh will sign an extended deal (2+1, 3?).

Therefore, here are the ones that run out next summer:

Weimann

Martin (+ option)

O’Dowda (+ option)

Nagy (+ option)

Cundy

Bakinson (+ option)

Britton

O.Edwards

Waiting for updates on several of the youngsters like Conway, Towler, S.Pearson, etc.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I do think that's a tactical thing though. It shouldn't be too hard for Semeneyo to come in field more off the ball. He does naturally come more narrow when he's playing right wing when the ball is on the left side of the pitch.

I think when Palmer has been the other side he has been coming in field a lot. But Rowe has not been providing the width. I think Palmer coming inside a lot can cause problems too for us as well as being a good thing. If he is on the left then the right back has very little going beyond him, well nothing really as Palmer never makes runs for balls to be played for him to run onto.

Our full backs under Pearson have not really pushed on like they did under LJ. But then we haven't really had the ball in the opponents half much!

But then Simpson and Rowe don't have the legs to do that very well. 

Back to Semenyo, I still think he will be a striker one day. Him and Weimann looked like they had something. Semenyo and Wells not so good though that one game.

I thought on the weekend we looked better when Semenyo was up top on his own in the second half. Like you say he still has a lot to learn, coming into the pro game later than many. But potentially I think he could be up there on his own. That probably seems ridiculous now, but I am just going on raw attributes.

As you say Millwall is an example of him coming in field to then score. But it's also an example of what he can do when he's running at centre backs. 

I think Semenyo will become more of a threat centrally, but not as a traditional striker per se, one who roams around.  If he can pick up the ball in pockets centrally he could be very effective.  Needs to learn to pop the ball off quicker.  You know he’s gonna dribble each time at the mo’....opponents have sussed that out.

As it stands, you are right, our full-backs are stifling us.  Re Simpson I thought he really tried to get up the pitch v Cov (a), still looks like he might have his legs.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3815f0e5d007649e75cf0a532997bf29.jpeg
I’ve sneakily assumed that Weimann will be retained via club one-year option at least, and Walsh will sign an extended deal (2+1, 3?).

Therefore, here are the ones that run out next summer:

Weimann

Martin (+ option)

O’Dowda (+ option)

Nagy (+ option)

Cundy

Bakinson (+ option)

Britton

O.Edwards

Waiting for updates on several of the youngsters like Conway, Towler, S.Pearson, 

Thanks mate. 

So all of those players will have to use the coming months to prove they are worthy of an extension, with the exception of Martin who I guess leaves in summer 2022.

2 hours ago, bris red said:

I think sometimes we get seduced by a player because they can do one thing well. Especially in our case as most of them can't manage that - unless you count "looking shambolic" as doing something well :)

NE wanted to move, and was not going to sign a new contract. What can you do in that situation, apart from not let it get there in the first place? Once you are there then it's a bit of a toss up between what we did with him and what we did with Fam. Neither were good choices IMO, but that's because Mr Ipswich Town was negligent .

2 hours ago, bris red said:

So what do you do with a player who doesn't want to sign a new deal with 12 months left who you can get a couple of million for during the middle of a year where you've had less income?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Free: Ryan Nyambe (Blackburn, RB), Luke O'Nein (Sunderland, Utlity/RB), Amine Bassi (AS Nancy, LW/AM), Sam Field (WBA, CM), Mario Vrancic (Norwich, Free). 

Transfer Fees: Jerry Yates (Blackpool, £1.5m + Moore, RW/ST), Mohamed Bayo (Clermont, £2.7m(€3m), LW/ST). Alex Palmer (WBA, £2m, GK). 

In regards to the above; I did give that consideration, per below;

Releases: Mariappa, Rowe, Lansbury, Z. Smith, Baker, Diedhiou, Paterson, Hunt, Simpson, Watkins, Adelakun, Walsh (Compensation), Gilmartin, Sessognon. 

Sell: Moore (p/e), Wells (£1m), Bentley (Don't want to, but feel we would need income - £6m), Nagy (£2m), Semenyo (£4m).

Breakdown:

My logic here was to break the players contracts expiring and sold into three tiers A (0-10kpw), B (10-15kpw), and C (15kpw+).

- Rowe, Walsh, Gilmartin (likely moving to a U23 coaching role full time), Sessognon, Moore, Adelakun, Simpson, Semenyo (Avg wage of £6kpw).

- Mariappa, Lansbury, Paterson, Diedhiou, Bentley, Hunt. (Avg wage of £12kpw)

- Baker, Weimann, Nagy (Avg wage of £18kpw).

In total, on this basis I made rough esitmate of (8 x £6kpw) + (6 x £12kpw) + (18kpw x 3) = £174kpw Total (including minor increments i.e youth releases, less overestimates wages (Gilmartin).

Signings:

Comparing that to the signings, I factored in a 0.95 wag reduction in-line with club lower cashflows that could in theory be used in a bargaining position, this being factored into players having wage increased moving to City of 25%, meaning an on average 18% increase on current wages where playing level was similar. Signings from abroad this would raise to a flat 30%. Players already attracting interested would have a further 20% addition in wages (marked with *), all wages rounded up to the nearest K. Whereas for signings of 31 and older, I added a 0.8 decrease coefficient to last reported wages (Vrancic). Some I've added further wages where I feel needed due to division changes and exceptional performances.

Current Salaries at previoius clubs based on a mixture of utilising the FM Database and sleuthing online;

Ryan Nyambe* - (£4.7kpw x 1.18 x 1.20) +1kpw = £8kpw.

Luke O Nein - £4.0kpw x 1.18 = £5kpw.

Amine Bassi* - €5.0kpw (£4.34kpw) x 1.30 = £7kpw.

Sam Field* - £7.25kpw x 1.18 x 1.20 = £11kpw.

Vrancic* - £17.0kpw x 0.95 = £16kpw.

Benkovic (50% terms seem common when loaning out based on previous evidence) = £30kpw x 0.5 = £15kpw.

Yates* - (£2.5kpw x 1.18 x 1.20) +3kpw = £8kpw.

Bayo* - (€4kpw (£3.47kpw) x 1.3) +3kpw = £8kpw.

Palmer* - (£4kpw x 1.18 x 1.20) +1kpw = £7kpw.

Total - £85kpw.

Meaning:

Reduction in overall wages would be £174kpw - £85kpw = £89kpw.

Overall reduction in wage bill per annum - £4,628,000 (Estimate), likely to be more with cancellation of Mawson loan mid season, add in youth releases and some more conservative wage estimates (Diedhiou, Baker, Hunt), and its likely closer to £7m. last reported wages were circa £30.6m if I recall correctly. Meaning with the proposed movement in the market, wages for 2022 would be reducted to around £23m.

Depending on how the wage are individually tailored, that gives some nice wiggle room for new terms to improving players (Vyner, Massengo, among others), as well as another loan or two for cover as needed.

Archived