Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Nige on Sound of the City with Geoff 6pm

Back on:

Priorities to address the makeup of the squad, also likely changes behind the scenes.

Results not good enough but need to move club forward and set targets - 3 years time targeting prem but a million miles from that at the moment.

We need a more stable team of players who can produce consistent performances

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Performances would suggest otherwise.  

We don't know what is the coaches and what is the players though. I see why other fans want rid of them but also know I'm not in a position to know exactly where issues lie. 

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Likes "fast" players, and "aggressive" players.

Literally the two attributes we lack the most..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Wants to work with a smaller squad - sense we will see something like 8-10 out, 4 or 5 in with a mixture of younger, hungry players and experienced ones 

Very clearly wants to manage supporter expectations that the re-build won’t happen overnight/this summer

• Like 1

One of the key things I took from the interview is that it appears that the club has been allowed to 'drift' along with no real direction or purpose. And strangely, I think that has manifested itself in our general levels of performance in terms of both individual player and overall team performance. And I think that is one of the key points to address going forward, on and off the pitch. And when Nigel talks about 'shared accountability' I think that is showing itself on the pitch where, for whatever reason, there is no 'leadership' amongst the players, no 'talking' as NP put it. He's watching and listening to everything around him to see if the players are picking up on his leadership style and what he wants to achieve, effectively giving these players enough 'rope'.......those that take it in the right way will be kept, those that don't will be off. Hopefully this will be an end to how long the grass is, box entries etc and all the other BS that the players have been fed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Hopefully this will be an end to how long the grass is, box entries etc and all the other BS that the players have been fed.

So we should be sacking the ground staff and not ever getting players or the ball in the opposition box? Interesting idea...

17 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Wants to work with a smaller squad - sense we will see something like 8-10 out, 4 or 5 in with a mixture of younger, hungry players and experienced ones 

Very clearly wants to manage supporter expectations that the re-build won’t happen overnight/this summer

"Premier League in three years" is sky-high expectations and getting there "overnight," for us.

• Haha 3
39 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Likes "fast" players, and "aggressive" players. Jamie Vardy/Kasey Palmer type player, I'm guessing 

I'm not so sure Kasey is what he means!

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Likes "fast" players, and "aggressive" players. Jamie Vardy/Kasey Palmer type player, I'm guessing 

Semenyo is quick. Be interesting to see how Nige uses him. Be fantastic if he could develop AS into another Vardy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
19 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

"Premier League in three years" is sky-high expectations and getting there "overnight," for us.

Aren’t we supposed to be in Europe year after next anyway.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Semenyo is quick. Be interesting to see how Nige uses him. Be fantastic if he could develop AS into another Vardy.

Nige ain't a god. He may be a good man manager and overall coach. 

He is not a miracle worker.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Nige ain't a god. He may be a good man manager and overall coach. 

He is not a miracle worker.

If anything Conway is the most Vardy-like.

I know I keep saying it, but I’ve been really impressed with Conway.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

WOW....Kasey Palmer and Jamie Vardy in one sentence....For my tuppence I don’t see much speed or aggression in KP. However if you had said Semenyo/Conway and Vardy, then yes! Semenyo just needs to learn to shoot!

Also I think its nailed on Weimann gets his extension if considered fit!!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, he looks like he has an edge about him too. I like that!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

WOW....Kasey Palmer and Jamie Vardy in one sentence....For my tuppence I don’t see much speed or aggression in KP. However if you had said Semenyo/Conway and Vardy, then yes! Semenyo just needs to learn to shoot!

Also I think its nailed on Weimann gets his extension if considered fit!!

It's called a dry sense of humour, I believe. It doesn't really work via a platform such as this, it often doesn't work in person! Oh well, not to worry

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

There is optimism and hoping for the best then there is living in a world of fantasy...

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was more impressed with Conway against Taunton than I was Bell and Britton. Though just one game.

It seems Bell is the most highly rated of the 3. And actually also probably a bit Vardy like himself.

If we play a narrow 442 counter attacking game next season, then Bell and Conway with their pace and movement might be good options as back up.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

There is optimism and hoping for the best then there is living in a world of fantasy...

You don’t think AS is quick? 

He is definitely pacy and Nige already knows that. I have a feeling that Semenyo will become a serious threat next season - watch this space...........:cool2:

• Haha 2