IGNORED

Solidarity Protest

9 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Ok, do you mean the field with the newts or the green belt field that will never be allowed for anything apart from a sports centre, or am I missing some thing.

The land that is proposed for removal from the green belt and to be allocated for 500 homes?

https://www.longmoorvillage.com/our-plans/ 

Will net him £50m+ I'd imagine, and it probably wouldn't have got permission were it not for the extant consent for the stadium... 

11 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

When it was cheap as chips, the masses - or, the football lads - certainly "vented" after a week of manual labour/on the dole, they vented so much they ****ing trashed the bloody game. To within a whisker of its life.

Taking your snobby middle class hat off (or if that wasn't the intention that is 100% how you come across with the above comment) you might also remember some of these lads caused carnage after a week on the "Trading Floor".............earning money most people on here could only dream of, including you probably!!

• Admin
16 hours ago, Banned User said:

I actually thought similar, but not at Ashton Gate. I wouldn't be completely against going to Old Trafford with other City fans, I definitely do not think it's a good idea to do this at Ashton Gate though.

No relevance in any protest being done at Ashton Gate for support of anyone away from us

16 hours ago, weepywall said:

Show support for Man Utd fans or any of those big clubs...not a chance.

Apart from Utd fans most others seem more than happy with the way their ownership has gone over the past years

They were more than happy to accept the success that came with the way they were run so have little sympathy with many of them

18 hours ago, walnutroof said:

Exactly they wouldn’t if roles were reversed 

Hang on.... arent they against the Super League, becuase it was kill clubs like us?? Thats exactly what they are doing, sticking up for the good of the game.

Not that i think we should be protesting our owners. We are lucky to have the Lansdowns, even if they are not perfect.

On 03/05/2021 at 19:14, Scrumpylegs said:

Man Utd fans wouldn’t give a s**t about their owners if they were still winning trophies. **** ‘em I say!!

Unsure about that tbh- the newer fans might see it that way, the older school- FC United breakaway, Green and Gold etc suggests it's more nuanced. 

5 hours ago, Riaz said:

Hang on.... arent they against the Super League, becuase it was kill clubs like us?? Thats exactly what they are doing, sticking up for the good of the game.

Not that i think we should be protesting our owners. We are lucky to have the Lansdowns, even if they are not perfect.

I think it's more to do with the Glazers putting the entire debt of buying the club, on to the club it's self. I saw mention of £2Billion. The protest probably was sparked after seeing the others. Fair play to those genuinely wanting to keep the pyramid, the promotion & relegation meritocracy but don't think they have the smaller clubs interests at heart. The top 6 were trying to change voting in the top flight to give them more power, it just doesn't stop. The sooner regulations are put in place the better, it may discourage some mega rich to buy clubs but I don't think that's a bad thing.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it's more to do with the Glazers putting the entire debt of buying the club, on to the club it's self. I saw mention of £2Billion. The protest probably was sparked after seeing the others. Fair play to those genuinely wanting to keep the pyramid, the promotion & relegation meritocracy but don't think they have the smaller clubs interests at heart. The top 6 were trying to change voting in the top flight to give them more power, it just doesn't stop. The sooner regulations are put in place the better, it may discourage some mega rich to buy clubs but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Glazers have been there since 2004. There’s always been discontent, but this issue is what has made it kick off again.

These fans could have seen their team in a super league forever. To the detriment of smaller clubs. And yet all the real fans of the top 6 have utterly rejected it. 

2 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

To use some cliches, it feels like Chelsea are trying to put the cat back in the bag when the train has already left the station. Unfortunately for them and their big six friends, they've shown their true colours and so royally screwed up their ESL announcement that allowing minimal fan representation in board meetings isn't going to be enough now. 

As for the OP, I understand the sentiment. But I do draw a distinction between Bristol City and the so-called elite clubs. Feels to me that we're still a club rooted in the community for the most-part (helped by our utter lack of success, ever). I think we can do more to make the fans feel closer to the club, but I can't say I'd feel particularly moved to attend a fan protest which, whatever its intention, would surely be viewed as one against Bristol City's ownership.

2 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

Interesting. As I said in an earlier post I thought this could be one realistic/feasible way to get fans into the corridors of power. Even though they are limited in power, Board observers can be useful, and are fairly common when companies take investment but don't want to give a full directorship away. Hopefully this can lead to some questions being asked prior to decisions being made.

I wonder how the three observers will ensure that they fairly represent fan sentiment though? Presumably they'll need to have a reasonably constant dialogue with fan representative groups.

On 03/05/2021 at 19:14, Scrumpylegs said:

Man Utd fans wouldn’t give a s**t about their owners if they were still winning trophies. **** ‘em I say!!

Spot on. I saw on the BBC rumour page today it said they were considering bidding for Kane to appease their fans and get them back on side. Says it all and you know their fans would forgive them pretty quick with a new big signing. 

The irony is that in reality, buying a big star player these days would requite insane wages/fees and agent fees, which all contributes to the problem with football now.

It would have been interesting what the fans would have said if the clubs had been able to complete in the ESL AND also remain in The Champion League etc. I'm not sure that there would have been all the anger against the ESL or the owners then.They certainly wouldn't have worried about the lower leagues. 

Archived