IGNORED

Put our fans behind the goal

leader

I know the subject has been talked about before but it would make sense to move section 82  around to the middle of the south stand making one hell of a noise like the east end did  I’m sure it would help us next year

37 minutes ago, leader said:

I know the subject has been talked about before but it would make sense to move section 82  around to the middle of the south stand making one hell of a noise like the east end did  I’m sure it would help us next year

I thought you meant to give us a clue where the net is!

8 hours ago, leader said:

It’s been talked about numerous times and the reason it won’t happen is exactly the same. People sitting either side of those standing in the middle would have their view of the opposite corner of the pitch obscured 

48 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Where would you move away fans to?

32 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I’ll say it before someone else does

top of the lansdown stand ..... 

This has been suggested numerous times as well and the reason it won’t happen is also exactly the same. The only stairs leading to the top of the Lansdown are situated inside the Lansdown, starting from the main concourse. Away fans using the upper section would have to mix with home fans in the concourse. That’s not going to happen 

9 hours ago, leader said:

Isn’t the safe standing rail seating going in S82 in time for next season?

Home behind both goals is not going to happen - A&S police say that in order for away fans to exit AG easily the Atyeo has  easy access to Winterstoke Rd. it’s a safely issue.

Not sure why the singing section isn’t allowed behind the goal in the SS - might have something to do with season card holders seats tho.

Its a question for MKelly I think.

9 hours ago, leader said:

Perhaps when rail seating has been expanded all around the back of the SS it may change. Until then, STHs sit there!

Surely the Atyeo is due for re-development? It's certainly been talked about by BS.

If it was two tier then away fans top tier and City fans below and thus being behind the goal.At both ends.

Having the entire Atyeo for away fans ( when well supported clubs come) is giving teams an advantage which we don't tend to get get elsewhere.

Mind you, any team coming to Ashton Gate generally seem to have an advantage by turning up, collecting 3 points and then going home.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Home behind both goals is not going to happen - A&S police say that in order for away fans to exit AG easily the Atyeo has  easy access to Winterstoke Rd. it’s a safely issue.

Not sure why the singing section isn’t allowed behind the goal in the SS - might have something to do with season card holders seats tho.

Its a question for MKelly I think.

It's not a question for MKelly in the slightest.  Surely this subject has been done to death and all answers are already known.  You put s82 into the middle of the South Stand and those in neighbouring blocks cant' see the other side of the pitch unless they stand....which then has a (reverse) domino effect.  Logistically it can't happen.

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Surely the Atyeo is due for re-development? It's certainly been talked about by BS.

If it was two tier then away fans top tier and City fans below and thus being behind the goal.At both ends.

Having the entire Atyeo for away fans ( when well supported clubs come) is giving teams an advantage which we don't tend to get get elsewhere.

Mind you, any team coming to Ashton Gate generally seem to have an advantage by turning up, collecting 3 points and then going home.

This does raise an interesting question about where away fans will be situated when this eventually happens.  All of the reasons for not situating the away fans elsewhere in the ground will need to be revisited and a solution found for the transition season.

25 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Contrary to popular belief the club don't own the houses behind the Atyeo so the redevelopment of that stand isn't imminent.

36 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Unless I have missed something the last I heard was that there were no plans at all to develop the Atyeo.

The ground is perfectly good enough to host Prem football & that part of the ground is occupied by people who as away fans only use it once a season.

As KITR has said, the myth that SL has been buying up houses is a nonsense, too.

I think we should have a permanent “Ok No Not Again” thread. Then all the perennial topics that crop up on a regular basis, e.g. standing, moving away fans, flags etc could be placed there. 

Pretty impossible to turf out all the fans who sit behind the goal in the South Stand, and have just bought season tickets there. Also if you have a standing section in the middle of the stand, then those sitting either side will not be able to see the opposite half of the pitch. So it can't happen !
www.otibclothing.co.uk

IMG_4282.jpg

In the old East End the singing was led by the fans at the back so maybe have standing along the back of the South Stand. Last season for one or two games we had a group behind us towards the back (maybe Dutch lads ?) which was more effective than the singing section for many of us away from the singing section corner.

Archived