IGNORED

Fammy's goals 20-21 season

NcnsBcfc

I know he's off, and the debate has already been done on how he downed tools a long time ago.

However I was just going through the goals from this season, and have seen how crucial his goals have been in certain games.

DERBY (H) 1-0

BLACKBURN (H) 1-0

WYCOMBE (H) 2-1

PRESTON (H) 2-0

HUDDERSFIELD (H) 2-1

BORO (A) 1-3

All games that without his goals, and the subsequent wins that came from them; we might have been looking at a different picture at the end of this season. It's a shame the way the last few months have gone. Because we've missed this part of nicking games, when not actually playing well.

In previous seasons he's also had the habit of picking up vital goals in the last 10-15 minutes of games. 

If we look at Wells's contributions by way of comparison; his goals have in no way influenced the subsequent final results in the same way.

It'll be interesting if NP actually does replace him like of like; or will be looking for Martin to play his role?

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I know he's off, and the debate has already been done on how he downed tools a long time ago.

However I was just going through the goals from this season, and have seen how crucial his goals have been in certain games.

DERBY (H) 1-0

BLACKBURN (H) 1-0

WYCOMBE (H) 2-1

PRESTON (H) 2-0

HUDDERSFIELD (H) 2-1

BORO (A) 1-3

All games that without his goals, and the subsequent wins that came from them; we might have been looking at a different picture at the end of this season. It's a shame the way the last few months have gone. Because we've missed this part of nicking games, when not actually playing well.

In previous seasons he's also had the habit of picking up vital goals in the last 10-15 minutes of games. 

If we look at Wells's contributions by way of comparison; his goals have in no way influenced the subsequent final results in the same way.

It'll be interesting if NP actually does replace him like of like; or will be looking for Martin to play his role?

Gregor thinks Fam could stay which surprises me but must be based on inside info. 

I get your point, but I find his bursts of form similar to those of Paterson in that when he has something to prove he looks class, but he then slips into bad habits.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Gregor thinks Fam could stay which surprises me but must be based on inside info. 

I get your point, but I find his bursts of form similar to those of Paterson in that when he has something to prove he looks class, but he then slips into bad habits.

I like Gregor but he does say some really odd stuff.

Remember one of his podcasts when he said he expected Flint to stay, he was sold the very next day..

Famara stopped playing for us months ago, I also seriously doubt he has this very convenient knee injury at present, I’ll be amazed if he’s still here next season.

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm not so sure after the Pearson interview with Twentyman. He said he wouldn't break the bank for one player and that he wanted more parity in the squad re wages. He admitted there would always be differences, but he didn't want a player earning so much more that it annoyed others.
I think he'll go, and to be honest I wont be sorry. We need a clear out , fresh ideas and new attitudes.

Even if he hadn’t tried holding the club to ransom and even if he hadn’t downed tools, I still wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club next season. He brings the best out of nobody. 

For me, Fam leaving is up there with Holden, Ashton and Rolls as steps in the right direction. 

21 minutes ago, SBB said:

Even if he hadn’t tried holding the club to ransom and even if he hadn’t downed tools, I still wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club next season. He brings the best out of nobody. 

For me, Fam leaving is up there with Holden, Ashton and Rolls as steps in the right direction. 

Always find it interesting when comments like this are made on here.

How the hell do any of us know what happened re contracts and money talk with a player?

34 minutes ago, SBB said:

While at QPR (last away game I went to) he put in the best Centre Forward performance I've seen in years, there have been too many games where you'd think he was only on because he was needed defensively . Never looked as though he linked with others, movement at times was non existent . I think it's best for all parties to get him gone.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I found the wages comment a very interesting one. He must feel it's important for team spirit that no one is earning way more than others, whilst sometimes contributing no more or even significantly less than those on lesser wages.

No problems there in moving on Baker and Diedhiou, apparently 2 of our higher earners. Weimann maybe a renegotiated deal too. 

But Kalas and Wells probably earning more than those. So I guess in a few years we could have more of a similar wage throughout our squad if Nige is still here.

Not easy to do in the short term with the likes of Kalas & Wells , but makes sense not to give Fam that "biggest ever contract" that Ashton so happily let slip.

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I like Gregor but he does say some really odd stuff.

Remember one of his podcasts when he said he expected Flint to stay, he was sold the very next day..

Famara stopped playing for us months ago, I also seriously doubt he has this very convenient knee injury at present, I’ll be amazed if he’s still here next season.

As in complete rubbish?

I make no bones about it, Fam is one of my favourite City players. 

When motivated and playing he's been wonderfully consistent for us. He's had flashes of glory and I'll always thank him for that.

I'd be a hypocrite to criticise his lacklustre efforts in the past few weeks, so I won't.

2 hours ago, SBB said:

Its just a shame that we lose the transfer value that fam would otherwise have had.

45 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Its just a shame that we lose the transfer value that fam would otherwise have had.

That is the incompetence / negligence in this situation.

And that’s not me finding another reason to have a go at MA....according to MA “I’ve spoken to Steve and he thinks we can get our value on the pitch”, so SL to blame.

To be fair, it’s quite possible that club turned down offers for Fam in January, and he’s cheesed off.

I think the term is cluster####

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And that’s not me finding another reason to have a go at MA....according to MA “I’ve spoken to Steve and he thinks we can get our value on the pitch”, so SL to blame.

To be fair, it’s quite possible that club turned down offers for Fam in January, and he’s cheesed off.

Cluster#### sounds about right, the fee, whatever it was, plus saved salary for 6 months would have been worth a lot of money,,, i often wonder what steve was thinking over the last few months where hes directly financed the salary of all these players who are barely motivated and losing every week,,, its got to leave a seriously unpleasant taste in his mouth.

50 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Cluster#### sounds about right, the fee, whatever it was, plus saved salary for 6 months would have been worth a lot of money,,, i often wonder what steve was thinking over the last few months where hes directly financed the salary of all these players who are barely motivated and losing every week,,, its got to leave a seriously unpleasant taste in his mouth.

Even if we’d sold him for £1m, add in £400k wages, plus £600k in amortised costs....that’s £2m better for had we bitten the bullet in January.

Thats shocking in Covid times isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Even if we’d sold him for £1m, add in £400k wages, plus £600k in amortised costs....that’s £2m better for had we bitten the bullet in January.

Yep, if we had someone at the club who could have spun it that he wasnt going to sign a contract and we had to cash in now, that scenario might have been accepted by the supporters! 

what a waste of money that was.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And all that with a genius CEO in charge. You know him, the one who can sell freezers to Eskimos at treble their UK sales price!

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

And all that with a genius CEO in charge. You know him, the one who can sell freezers to Eskimos at treble their UK sales price!

Like dave said, lansdown gave the go ahead to keep him in the squad and refuse to sell him... at least that was what ashton came out with anyway

Much as I'm grateful for the goals scored to achieve those points gained, isn't that what we paid £5m for?

The reality is that this season he has been poor to say the least. I haven't looked at when those goals were scored but I'd bet at least two thirds were scored in the first half of the season. When we've needed someone to step up and pop a few in, he's been found wanting. Wanting to be elsewhere, wanting to be injury free, wanting to save his energy, wanting to have someone else take responsibility.

This talk of playing him to get the value out of him on the pitch is just hype, invented to justify the fact that nobody wanted to pay what we valued him at, knowing he'd be free in the summer. I don't think he's done himself any favours with his lacklustre displays.

I hope he's not here in the future, unless there's a way of playing him to get a better return from his minutes on the pitch. Personally I can't see that, he's not particularly good at any one thing. Not fast, not good in the air, rarely beats a man, rarely shoots off his own back. His greatest attribute is when the ball is knocked up to him at a lower than head height and he can come away from his man, usually deep in the middle of the pitch and by the touchline.

I have to say that I enjoy his efforts to help the team and his defensive qualities from set pieces, but that's easier when you're the free man. He also seems like a nice bloke.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ashton holds hands up and says it's someone else's fault. What a shocker :rolleyes:

Ashton should have been working his ass off to find a club willing to take him on. Instead he was working his ass off sorting out the Ipswich deal *allegedly*.

Archived