IGNORED

Radio 4

The Bard

24 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Have not heard the interview however this guy needs to win games, nobody else would have been given a 3 year contract based on his results since being here, it’s scary how bad we are now. 

Not sure what you do for a living but if my boss expected results but only gave me a faulty laptop and a phone that didn’t work I would feel it somewhat unfair

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Not sure what you do for a living but if my boss expected results but only gave me a faulty laptop and a phone that didn’t work I would feel it somewhat unfair

Totally agree - as my Mum is fond of saying "you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear" 

25 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Have not heard the interview however this guy needs to win games, nobody else would have been given a 3 year contract based on his results since being here, it’s scary how bad we are now. 

Not sure we'll see any change till he's cleared out the wronguns and got some new face's in - who will buy in to his vision/tactics/style.

46 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Work? The bloke doesn’t know his arse from his elbow by the sounds of it!

Good listen but wish the interviewer would just let him finish rather than put words in his mouth.

Consistent message from Nige.  Underlines for me why it is important he is in a position to get his own players and backroom staff on board.  Why he needs to be a manager not just a coach so he can really influence to whole club. 

Sort of explains some of the teams he has picked, outside of necessity given the injury list, of giving players the opportunity to get onboard, giving them the power to make the right decisions for themselves, sadly all bar a couple have declined the offer.

Really enjoyed it & just goes to show how you don’t really know someone until you study them a bit more closely.

I remember an interview during his time at Watford which first started to change my perception of him, when bizarrely he was described by the interviewer as a “Brexit manager” (probably because he was the first English manager Watford had had in many years) & he said he was interested in perceptions because he actually voted remain & then described how he had enjoyed his spell managing in Belgium a lot.

Anyone who references The Word at War is always going to be fine in my book & without being too unkind, the contrast with his predecessor with his “I won’t mug anyone off” & “take a look at yourselves in the mirror” comments is pretty stark.

13 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure your point is relevant here.  If you are comparing his situation to a broken environment where we can't perform his job then I don't believe that is true.  We have good coaches, NP said this himself and we put out 11 players so are evenly matched with the opposition at the start of the game.  We have some highly talented players so we should be able to change our tactics to suit the current situation we are in.  I can understand the defeats to more skillful teams who will easily beat a bunch of kids but how about the mighty Wycombe?  Are you saying we have fallen so quickly since we were on an unbeaten run at the start of the "same" season with the "same" players under the inexperienced Dean Holden.

13 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Corrected that for you. 

If you need any more help understanding the current situation, see a Doctor. 

Winless in 9 games and awarded a 3 year contract, I really can't think of any other career that would award someone for not achieving anything in 3/4 months

43 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Not sure your point is relevant here.  If you are comparing his situation to a broken environment where we can't perform his job then I don't believe that is true.  We have good coaches, NP said this himself and we put out 11 players so are evenly matched with the opposition at the start of the game.  We have some highly talented players so we should be able to change our tactics to suit the current situation we are in.  I can understand the defeats to more skillful teams who will easily beat a bunch of kids but how about the mighty Wycombe?  Are you saying we have fallen so quickly since we were on an unbeaten run at the start of the "same" season with the "same" players under the inexperienced Dean Holden.

Confidence is shot to pieces. There is no magic wand here. 

2 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Winless in 9 games and awarded a 3 year contract, I really can't think of any other career that would award someone for not achieving anything in 3/4 months

His achievement was what SL asked of him. He stopped us getting relegated. So first part of the job done, and he is moving on the parts 2 and 3.

Start off my saying thanks for posting an enjoyable listen. I have to own up but i use to look forward to hearing SOD interviews. But Nigel is in a different league, the Premiership. Most managers are not worth listening to. We really have to give Nigel the time to get a team together that we all want to see. 

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Confidence is shot to pieces. There is no magic wand here. 

Shouldn't be though should it.  If you have been led by Dean Holden and then suddenly Nigel Pearson takes charge the confidence should not be shot to pieces.  He has premiership promotion pedigree so should be able to turn the confidence and fortunes around no matter what tools he has at his disposal.

4 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Well, we’re still in the Championship and that would have been his main objective, which he’s done. 

It certainly hasn’t been pretty or enjoyable to watch, but the only thing the bloke was given to work with was a very large number of unpolishable and totally disinterested turds, so it would be interesting to know who was available who could have done any better.

Surely, the fact he was given the job is clear proof that SL has finally realised that he’s had his pants soundly pulled down by MA and been left with a lot of dross and needs someone with a proper football brain to sort it out.

If we’re still in this same situation next year, then that will be the time to start questioning the appointment of someone with Nigel Pearson’s level of experience imho.

It really makes me wonder if many people just haven’t realised what a shitshow this club has become and how big a job it’ll be to turn it around.

He actually talks a pretty similar game to Johnson (Lee). It's just that it sounds like there's actually some experience and justification behind the words from Pearson. 

It always sounded like LJ had read it somewhere and wore it like a badge for the media. 

I know which I find more inspiring and would rather work for 

6 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Fortunately SL/JL are smart enough not to judge him on these games and see that he is a 'proven' manager and he buy's in to the vision for the club.

So who ever else you interview and give the job to, you could only judge what they have done elsewhere and not with this bunch on wasters.

I also think that NP is not overly bothered by the results, but more interested in seeing the character of the players, so has given them enough rope to prove reliable or hang themselves. No manager you could give the job to would have  abetter insight than NP currently has.

Archived