IGNORED

Ipswich appoint former Bristol City tea lady

CodeRed

image.jpeg.deb01e851ff042dd27368c54549327e2.jpeg

Doris the tea lady at Ashton Gate is leaving the club with immediate effect to join Ipswich Town where she will again link up with Mark Ashton. Doris - the Head of Refreshment and Beverage - has been at Ashton Gate for 5 years and previously worked with Mark at Oxford and Watford.

Speaking to Ipswich Live  today Mark said  "Before I commence any task I sit down and have a nice cup of tea and Doris can deliver a class leading brew. As soon as I accepted the role at Ipswich Town the first person I wanted to come on board ws Doris. She will bring a strong work ethic, excellent people skills the right DNA, and of course always has a packet of my favourite iced biscuits on the trolly for me"

42 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Doris the tea lady at Ashton Gate is leaving the club with immediate effect to join Ipswich Town where she will again link up with Mark Ashton. Doris - the Head of Refreshment and Beverage - has been at Ashton Gate for 5 years and previously worked with Mark at Oxford and Watford.

Speaking to Ipswich Live  today Mark said  "Before I commence any task I sit down and have a nice cup of tea and Doris can deliver a class leading brew. As soon as I accepted the role at Ipswich Town the first person I wanted to come on board ws Doris. She will bring a strong work ethic, excellent people skills the right DNA, and of course always has a packet of my favourite iced biscuits on the trolly for me"

A big thanks must go to the Lansdown family for allowing Doris to pursue this exiting new challenge. 

A club spokesman said “We thank Doris for her loyal & dedicated service. We are thrilled that we could be part of her development from apprentice tea maker to fully fledged strainer, courtesy of our world beating hot beverage pathway. We wish Doris the very best in her future endeavours, whilst she will forever be a welcome guest back in the HPC canteen”. 

23 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

A big thanks must go to the Lansdown family for allowing Doris to pursue this exiting new challenge. 

A club spokesman said “We thank Doris for her loyal & dedicated service. We are thrilled that we could we could be part of her development from apprentice tea maker to fully fledged strainer courtesy of our world beating hot beverage pathway. We wish Doris the very best in her future endeavour, whilst she will forever be a welcome guest back in the HPC canteen”. 

HPC - High Percolation Centre?

Good to know we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of tea ladies, baristas and the like! 

44 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

She’s got the right DNA for Ashton -  Darjeeling, Neem and Assam.

:D 

49 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

@CodeRed Well done sir! ?

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I bet you had to look up Neem on google.........

No - next door neighbour supplies teas and coffees to retailers so we get all sorts of different teas from him!

3 hours ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

HPC - High Percolation Centre?

Good to know we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of tea ladies, baristas and the like! 

My Cousin in Australia announced she was going to train to be a Barista. I wrote and told her I didn't realise she had an interest in law !!

Best of luck Doris. I fear there are more to leave AG on the Mark Ashton ITFC Extravaganza. Please Please Steve, dont let Ned the Pitch Worm remover go or I fear for our lovely green pitch next year, you wont know what you've got till he's gone.?

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

My God.........it's a positive Exodus to to the Flatlands!...........Who'll be next to go?  ....The grass height scissor technician or possibly the box entry data analyst?  ?

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

What? No six week vigorous process?

17 minutes ago, maxjak said:

My God.........it's a positive Exodus to to the Flatlands!...........Who'll be next to go?  ....The grass height scissor technician or possibly the box entry data analyst?  ?

Well the fans did ask for our Tea Urn.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

So is there some sort of resettlement package available to tea ladies ? How has she been able to afford to follow MA around... Buy a kettle and some manky coffee / sugar containers and make it yourselves !!

She takes a 12.5% 'referral' fee each time the Club buys a new urn from Nisbets.

Just now, BigTone said:

And I thought it was Tetleys

Don't be daft - she’s wearing a short so no way can you see her Tetleys!

Archived