IGNORED

Ipswich appoint former Bristol City tea lady

CodeRed

Actually I think this is a good thing.

Since Ashton brought Doris in to the City family the number of tea related incidents has gone up forty eight percent.

Several players have gone down with fatigue and rumours from within the club suggest this may be because Doris convinced Ashton that decaff was a better (and cheeper) option.

There are also rumours that one player wasn't out with a season long knee injury but in fact was taken out when Doris tripped bringing him his traditional "Welcome to the club cup of tea" and ended up spilling boiling hot water all over his twig and berries.

It's no coincidence that before Doris was signed there were virtually no complaints about hot beverages and the list of beverage related injuries was below Championship averages.

you laugh and joke but You have brought back many happy memories of the humble tea lady's and their teas and cakes. sad demise of the tea lady and emergence of the money grabbing vending machine that cannot make a cup of tea.

6 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Rigorous Hob Knobs, Bull Sh*t Bourbons, Gert Lush Garibaldi's

I feel sorry for the tractor boys, nice club in the past, Paul Cook will pick the biscuits and MA will take all the glory

And when clumsy Rolls rocks up to the tea trolley he will drop all the biscuits.

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

you laugh and joke but You have brought back many happy memories of the humble tea lady's and their teas and cakes. sad demise of the tea lady and emergence of the money grabbing vending machine that cannot make a cup of tea.

I am with you on this one reddoh.

When I started my first job my Dad gave me the following advice. 'Be polite to the receptionist as you never know when you will want an outside line, the money lady as you want to get paid on time and off course the tea lady.' And yes, I did get an extra chocolate biscuit or two and the occassional clip round the ear!

10 minutes ago, mikep said:

I am with you on this one reddoh.

When I started my first job my Dad gave me the following advice. 'Be polite to the receptionist as you never know when you will want an outside line, the money lady as you want to get paid on time and off course the tea lady.' And yes, I did get an extra chocolate biscuit or two and the occassional clip round the ear!

IT's sad those day's have gone as kids we were under control .

5 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Actually I think this is a good thing.

Several players have gone down with fatigue and rumours from within the club suggest this may be because Doris convinced Ashton that decaff was a better (and cheeper) option.

There are also rumours that one player wasn't out with a season long knee injury but in fact was taken out when Doris tripped bringing him his traditional "Welcome to the club cup of tea" and ended up spilling boiling hot water all over his twig and berries.

You mean like a budgie?

In fact, now you mention it, I recall hearing its little ditty:

I like a nice cup of tea in the morning

I like a nice cup of tea with my tea

And around about eleven

My idea of Heaven

Is a nice cup of tea.

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Now have Ed Sheeran as a shirt sponsor

I kinda feel sorry for Ipswich supporters.............They really don't know whats coming?  American investors, just like the Glazers at Man U, are interested in profit and not much else.  Added to that they have the smarmy second hand car sales man as CEO,      "Hamstring Andy"  Rolls " as head of performance, and to top it all off, The Ginger Whinger as shirt sponsor.............Actually I don't feel sorry for them at all, they have made their bed, and now their will be plenty of lying?    Wonder what odds they are to be relegated next season?  ?

3 hours ago, Super said:

Now have Ed Sheeran as a shirt sponsor

Ashton’s obviously got them all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Archived