IGNORED

Luton v Rotherham if you ain't got Sky

If I'm Luton, or Cardiff, or Blackburn- forget pride and professionalism etc.

Think self-interest- who is more likely even if it's unlikely to be a challenge over the season next year- one of Derby or Sheffield Wednesday. What exactly gives- when clubs are in midtable nothingness they tend to drift towards the end...not these days it seems.

Well most sides anyway...ahem.

At least it means all 3 sides can escape meaning SW won’t lie down against Derby.. just got to hope Cardiff are on the beach 

Perfect for Sky and the narrative Saturday that.

Derby v Sheffield Wednesday, both but especially the latter have to play for the win- we knew that already- but anything other than a Derby win would put them still in danger due to GD. Throws a lot of outcomes in the air- but both definitively have to win Saturday, at least as of kick off time.

A twist in the tale (unlikely though) could come between now and Saturday if the EFL Appeal comes through and Derby get a deduction effective immediately. Even better would be if it came through after the season if Derby won, then a deduction comes through that relegated them!

Actually, thinking about it a deduction of any size between now and Saturday would bring Wycombe back into it.

Little stat or two.

• Derby have lost just once at home to Sheffield Wednesday since the turn of the Millennium.
  • Last two between the 2 at Pride Park have finished as draws- indeed to go further, think of all those games from 2000, 7/15 have as well based on a quick search.

To simplify- if Rotherham win and Derby don't, both of the cheating clubs drop. At one point this season, Rotherham won 5 out of 7 away games- Oh for a bit of that away form now!

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

We should be looking at Dewsbury Hall for next year

He’s had a good season there on loan from Leicester. Pearson, I’m sure, will have the full spec on him. 

Best player on the park tonight by a long way was Ryan Giles. His delivery from the left is fantastic. If Rotherham had anyone with finishing instinct in the middle, Giles would’ve have about 10 assists tonight. Beautiful crosser of the ball. 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s had a good season there on loan from Leicester. Pearson, I’m sure, will have the full spec on him. 

Best player on the park tonight by a long way was Ryan Giles. His delivery from the left is fantastic. If Rotherham had anyone with finishing instinct in the middle, Giles would’ve have about 10 assists tonight. Beautiful crosser of the ball. 

I remember Giles from the Shrewsbury cup game a couple of years ago where he was impressive. I’d like to think he’s on our radar. 

Archived