IGNORED

Millwall keepers take on us

Nuno Gomes

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

a joke coming from a millwall player. city fans will remember that next time he comes to ashton gate. 

If things do not change for next season he will be able to get round to all our fans, sit in empty seats next to them and remind them what he said.

Oh and even if this takes the whole 90 minutes it will still be 2-1 Millwall.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

a joke coming from a millwall player. city fans will remember that next time he comes to ashton gate. 

Not really. I'd give him applause for calling half our frauds out correctly and having the pride in his profession to have a go at other so called professional who have downed tools.

Its just an honest assessment. Hard to get upset about it, moreso when it's so accurate. 

I’d love to know what Nige has had to say to some of them.

Let’s face it, when this started with Holden in charge we were all saying - a Nigel Pearson type manager wouldn’t stand for this. 

Well, he has stood for it, what could he do? I don’t know but I do know it’s a ******* mess

I’ve never heard a pro footballer make comments like that. It’s so true and so damning.
Here’s the problem... Millwall have two goalkeepers who show more professional pride than our entire squad. This guy obviously wouldn’t put up with being in a changing room with our lot and Frankie Fielding must see City as unrecognisable from strong team unit Cotts built. 
NP needs to get 5 or 6 strong characters into the squad to turn the tide. Hopefully force the rest to up their game.... or at least support the young uns. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

This is following Rowett saying that the away game against us was the easiest game plan he’s ever had as well

"We went for the simplest game plan I have used in ages and I picked a team to implement it. Bristol City have struggled against physical sides and our aim was to get the ball forward early and win the second balls.

"I took a gamble after our defeat at Middlesbrough and highlighted what I saw as a lack of honesty in the performance. That was totally unlike us and the players responded perfectly.

"When we work as hard as we did, we are a very tough team to beat. Of course, there is massive relief after so long without a win, but they weren't all poor performances."

9 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I’ve never heard a pro footballer make comments like that. It’s so true and so damning.
Here’s the problem... Millwall have two goalkeepers who show more professional pride than our entire squad. This guy obviously wouldn’t put up with being in a changing room with our lot and Frankie Fielding must see City as unrecognisable from strong team unit Cotts built. 
NP needs to get 5 or 6 strong characters into the squad to turn the tide. Hopefully force the rest to up their game.... or at least support the young uns. 

Our 'tracking back' for their first goal was slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter. 

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

To be honest, if a comment like this actually helps the players face up to their contribution over recent months, I think many fans will not only remember this but want to shake his hand and say thank you for being so direct about how other professionals see the club. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be honest, if a comment like this actually helps the players face up to their contribution over recent months, I think many fans will not only remember this but want to shake his hand and say thank you for being so direct about how other professionals see the club. 

Exactly, because our 'integrity' was washed down the drain several matches ago.

A real shocker on our players, well behind Big Nige's appointment, but I'm struggling to get my head around how poor we've been under him, usually players rise to the challenge of a new guy at least a bit, especially someone of such experience and stature (unless they all hate him I suppose!)

3 hours ago, Nuno Gomes said:

The last game, Bristol were gone, they looked like they wanted to go on holidays already. They didn’t care, I’m sorry. I think they were the worst team we’ve played against this season.

They’ve got decent players and a decent squad. Sometimes it’s hard. I’m not saying it’s easy for us to play every single game with that mentality.

"wanted to go on holidays"?

"they didn't care"?

Wass he talking about? Absolute rubbish! It was touch and go throughout the game. It could easily have gone our way. We only lost 4-1.

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Very concerning considering the source. This isn't the opinion of a fan, or even a pundit. This is from a professional athlete who was down there against us to see and hear everything our lot did. Pretty much as damning as it gets.

My thoughts exactly. From a fellow pro that's damning. 

Forget fans opinions...from a fellow pro that is the worst you can hear. Partner that with Rowet's simple physical game plan against us...even more damning. A lot of players simply couldn't give a damn. 

I don't understand any of our fans getting upset by this...this is exactly what we want to hear from fellow professional's. They judge as players not fans.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I’d love to know what Nige has had to say to some of them.

Let’s face it, when this started with Holden in charge we were all saying - a Nigel Pearson type manager wouldn’t stand for this. 

Well, he has stood for it, what could he do? I don’t know but I do know it’s a ******* mess

What makes you say he's stood for it,I'm pretty sure he hasn't he lets the players show if they want to be on journey up to now they haven't and after the game against brenford nige will 100% know who's staying on this journey.. Put it this way after the last game and this season is finished things will change and start moving. He hasn't stood for anything just being professional and clever and yep he knows it's a s**t show.

3 minutes ago, Street red said:

What makes you say he's stood for it,I'm pretty sure he hasn't he lets the players show if they want to be on journey up to now they haven't and after the game against brenford nige will 100% know who's staying on this journey.. Put it this way after the last game and this season is finished things will change and start moving. He hasn't stood for anything just being professional and clever and yep he knows it's a s**t show.

When I say stood for it, it’s happened under his watch and whatever he’s tried to do to stop it hasn’t worked. I’m not sure what else he could do bar play every youngster.

i wasn’t having a go at Nige as much as point out how incredibly unprofessional some of those players must be to take a huge wage and do next to nothing for it 

You wonder how anyone will offer the ooc players a job after they’ve behaved like that

It amazes me that one or two are offended by the comments. He’s only saying what 99% of us have known for months. He’s right, as it stands we are without a shadow of a doubt the worst side in the division and let’s be fair he will know better than any of us if our players gave a shit or not on Saturday. It’s a ringing endorsement that the fans can see what’s going on as much as the pro’s mark us all down as clueless.

The fact he went on to say we’ve got a decent squad tells you he expected more than the pathetic effort we served up. If one or two of our wasters steal a contract from another Championship club I’ll remember their efforts next time they visit the Gate a lot more than a truthful comment from a Millwall goalkeeper.

19 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

When I say stood for it, it’s happened under his watch and whatever he’s tried to do to stop it hasn’t worked. I’m not sure what else he could do bar play every youngster.

i wasn’t having a go at Nige as much as point out how incredibly unprofessional some of those players must be to take a huge wage and do next to nothing for it 

You wonder how anyone will offer the ooc players a job after they’ve behaved like that

I think it's started creeping in for a fair while but it's more obvious now nige has come in, Is it because they don't like authority and had it to easy,It does make you wonder doesn't it, How they have a nerve to pick up a wage let alone wear the red shirt.

Archived