IGNORED

Millwall keepers take on us

Nuno Gomes

I would normally suggest that something like that gets pinned up around the dressing room, but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference because most of them don't care.

He's right they may as well have been on holiday - since well before Christmas as well.

Professional footballers who don’t care should never wear the shirt again. I certainly hope that NP will have told anyone OOC that fits that profile to pack their bags and if anyone not OOC fits the profile then they should be moved on. There is no excuse in my book. Play a team with heart and fight this weekend a team that whatever the result we can be proud of. Losing is never good but going down without a fight brings shame on the club.

I feel embarrassed for my club. We all know too many of our players have been very, very poor this season and have mostly downed tools. But to realise that another team is saying this about those who are supposed to represent us with pride and professionalism is really uncomfortable. He isn’t wrong though.

He's absolutely right. This is coming from someone who is just a bang average footballer makes it all the more painful to hear & as Graham C pointed out didn't exactly cover himself in glory playing for Ipswich against us a few season's ago. 

I am quite sure that any other championship team would think the same, "oh good, we've Bristol City next"

I remember how it felt losing 6:0 at home to Cardiff a few years ago, I stayed until the bitter end just to remember how much the disappointment felt  so it made celebrating Promotion or the "Korey" goal that much sweeter.

Mercifully we only have one game left to endure.  

16 hours ago, Redpool said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if straight after Brentford game NP tells the OOC players to get their belongings and go 

Would be even better if he told them in the changing room before the game!

22 hours ago, Super said:

Sad that another footballer thinks the same as most of us fans. This bunch are truly the worst i can remember. Pathetic.

They might rest a few hopefully.

wont make  a jot of difference,rest a few gives others a chance to impress for a play off match. dont know which is worse.6-0 or worse against the first team or a total battering from the reserves. shame we cant just give them the 3 points and +4 goals

18 hours ago, Redpool said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if straight after Brentford game NP tells the OOC players to get their belongings and go 

Be good for fan morale, we'd know their free ride is over. MK Dons announced their released list earlier (Our old boy Agard was on there), so it's not too early.

55 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Interesting bit at the end of this interview with Nige re the article from Millwall’s keeper...

Nige and the players are fully aware of it.

Aware of it or not. The players have no shame, no pride, and I don’t expect any reaction from them because of it. 

If someone from my profession was badmouthing me I’d be fuming. I don’t think the players will be. They’re waiting for 4:50 Saturday so they can knock off with a nice wage packet burning a hole in their pockets. 

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Be good for fan morale, we'd know their free ride is over. MK Dons announced their released list earlier (Our old boy Agard was on there), so it's not too early.

I think it will be either this time next week or some time the week after when we start hearing about players leaving. Pearson made it clear that he wants to sit them down first before the media get involved (probably so he can give them half an hour of his honest opinion on them and I really don't blame him for that).

The main part of the Millwall keepers comment that was out of order is he effectively lumped the young lads in with the rest of them. That would no doubt have pissed Pearson off more than anything. If he was going to come out for whatever reason and stick the boot in he could at least have said "bar a couple of the young kids they had playing who put a shift in blah blah blah".

Archived