IGNORED

All English Champions League Final moved to Porto

freezer

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Oil money v Russian money....can’t wait.

The majority of the Russian money also came from oil. 

Just now, chucky said:

Can I just check - did the majority of the Russian money also come from oil? :) 

36 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I dont get this "we're in the middle of a Pandemic" thing. How do we know we're in the middle of it?

There's a global pandemic, it started last year, it hasn't finished yet - what else do you call the bit in... the middle?

20 minutes ago, chucky said:

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you 

42 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

After the 'Super league' fiasco, I really don't care who wins.

The powers that be should probably move the game though, to minimise fan travel as some fans will travel regardless of restrictions.

Knowing the way that football’s governing bodies work they will probably move it to Qatar!

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

so we could be still near the start? its the word "middle" I'm querying

Not only is that very pedantic it’s also impossible to answer dude. @MarcusXexplained it started last year and it’s not over yet hence middle is about right. If you want greater accuracy then get your Crystal ball out

4 hours ago, grifty said:

Champions League is easier to say than "The Highest Rated club From Each European League Based on Their Co-Efficience Score League".

Makes me laugh when people get so upset that it's called the Champions League. It's just a cup competition with the 'best' clubs from European Leagues in it.

What’s wrong with European Cup?

21 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Not only is that very pedantic it’s also impossible to answer dude. @MarcusXexplained it started last year and it’s not over yet hence middle is about right. If you want greater accuracy then get your Crystal ball out

That was pretty much my attitude, hence middle is the wrong word. Midst may be better.

13 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What? Midst means middle. Jesus

I'll concede that. I would still argue that we aren't in the middle of a Pandemic though as my crystal ball gazing isn't good. My lack of lottery wins gives the game away there. Can we agree on "fighting a Global Pandemic"?

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Can I just check - did the majority of the Russian money also come from oil? :) 

It did apparently. Blame otib for all the posts though as each time it said it failed to post but lied to me ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, chucky said:

Can you repeat that please?

31 minutes ago, chucky said:

It did apparently. Blame otib for all the posts though as each time it said it failed to post but lied to me ?‍♂️

You should know never trust OTIB.

Only believe when it’s on the OS! :) 

On 06/05/2021 at 13:02, TonyTonyTony said:

This has nothing to do with the ESL. It's about the pandemic, and the sheer stupidity of sending thousands of people to a foreign country currently in lockdown. Its utter stupidity.

As for finding a venue - im sure there are several stadiums in England available. Man City picking up the trophy at Old Trafford anyone?

villa park or hillsbourgh

On 06/05/2021 at 16:12, MarcusX said:

There's a global pandemic, it started last year, it hasn't finished yet - what else do you call the bit in... the middle?

On 06/05/2021 at 18:55, Sweeneys Penalties said:

That was pretty much my attitude, hence middle is the wrong word. Midst may be better.

On 06/05/2021 at 19:00, TonyTonyTony said:

What? Midst means middle. Jesus

In the course of. ???

There is a rumour circulating that UEFA initially proposed Wembley for the game, on the condition that the UK government would waive quarantine restrictions for the thousand odd UEFA officials who would be at the game. The govt rejected this, hence why the game has gone to Porto

Whether that is true or not i have no clue

6 minutes ago, Redpool said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57071221

Where is the logic for this? So much for UEFA doing their part for climate change and the ongoing pandemic. 

Well it's clear they don't care about fans then

I know the quarantine request regarding officials but this was a chance to show they mattered.

Now we're going to get thousands of people unnecessarily travelling to Portugal in the midst (not middle ;) )of a pandemic 

Not impressed with the Sky Sports pundits mind, complaining about it being in Portugal and the cost to fans. They don't care when they move a TV game at short notice in this country.

• The title was changed to All English Champions League Final moved to Porto
  • Admin
29 minutes ago, Redpool said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57071221

Where is the logic for this? So much for UEFA doing their part for climate change and the ongoing pandemic. 

There wasn't any way it could be played in the UK, next best thing is to play in a country that is safe to visit

For once UEFA have done something right

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

MADNESS. It should have been played at a neutral venue here. Crazy decision during a pandemic to encourage 6k fans to travel abroad.  

Idiots.

Assume you realise that they places ARE SAFE to visit and are aware of the checks EVERY supporter attending has to go through?

Archived