IGNORED

Nigel Pearson press conference | Bristol City vs Brentford

Unan

Christ, Gregor does not come across well in this interview, he appears desperate; and almost reading from some aide memoire list.

I think you can already tell from NP's tone, and body language that he thinks Gregor is amateurish at best.

After 3 years as City journo, and 3 months of interviewing NP he needs to learn on the hurry up; how to get answers out of him. Pearson is a man who thinks, before he speaks; and he doesn't like schoolboy attempts to get information out of him.

My advice to Gregor, is to listen to the questions put to him on the main site, that NP answers fully and in depth. Adapt your way of questioning based on your knowledge of the person you are interviewing. Otherwise, you've never going to build a relationship with Pearson that will become honest and transparent.

At the moment, it's almost like a podcast, with caller's questions coming in from "JIM IN CHIPPING SODBURY".

1 minute ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Christ, Gregor does not come across well in this interview, he appears desperate; and almost reading from some aide memoire list.

I think you can already tell from NP's tone, and body language that he thinks Gregor is amateurish at best.

After 3 years as City journo, and 3 months of interviewing NP he needs to learn on the hurry up; how to get answers out of him. Pearson is a man who thinks, before he speaks; and he doesn't like schoolboy attempts to get information out of him.

My advice to Gregor, is to listen to the questions put to him on the main site, that NP answers fully and in depth. Adapt your way of questioning based on your knowledge of the person you are interviewing. Otherwise, you've never going to build a relationship with Pearson that will become honest and transparent.

At the moment, it's almost like a podcast, with caller's questions coming in from "JIM IN CHIPPING SODBURY".

I always liked Jim. Gets straight to it. 

Superb replies to all the questions. It would be too easy for NP to answer with anger showing but doing it with a smile shows his class.

It a certainty that he will not need a pre match team talk when we play Millwall next season. Just pin a copy of the Millwall keepers comments on the dressing room door!

I would take from the start of the interview that Weimann will be getting offered something.

I think he saw the Millwall keepers comments as a bit of a low blow albeit the truth.........for those saying he is blaming everyone else bar himself it would have been so easy for him to say "he's right" and you can bet your house that is what Joey would have done. Given the way he is reacting to our current plight which is probably one of the low points of his career he's going to be a great listen if he actually gets it right.

TBF to Gregor, its like getting blood out of a stone with NP.

He'll only give what he wants to give.

But Gregor has to keep on asking the questions, its his job - and he isn't going to get any "off the record" stuff either.

Bit of advice Gregor - ask the question, get the answer, move on, don't dig.

51 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I would take from the start of the interview that Weimann will be getting offered something.

I think he saw the Millwall keepers comments as a bit of a low blow albeit the truth.........for those saying he is blaming everyone else bar himself it would have been so easy for him to say "he's right" and you can bet your house that is what Joey would have done. Given the way he is reacting to our current plight which is probably one of the low points of his career he's going to be a great listen if he actually gets it right.

I like his answers, very informative….subtlety in some of them, re not appearing to sound too smart, but in control.

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I like that gregor has the balls to ask about the millwall keeper, and asking about contract updates etc, lord knows we discuss these things enough on here., speculating on what might be going on

A two bob wanna be sports journo that NP has nothing but contempt for ...:yawn:

2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I don't think that's true on any level.

But I do think that NP has a very healthy cynicism towards journalists - drop a wrong word in and they're away with a headline.

3 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Well whoever the journalist was who was called an ostrich, it makes pearson look like a bit if a dick. I suspect he wont make that sort of comment again, youd think there needs to be some cooperation with the press.

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Unlike Gregor, who thinks if he rephrases the question, NP will give him an answer to a question he's already said "No" to.

I think NP gives more direct answers to Geoff Twentyman. I wonder if it's because GT is a former player?

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Nailed on re Weimann.

Let’s be honest we would be mad not to, a hard working model pro, experienced & we have badly missed his energy & drive.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Nailed on re Weimann.

Let’s be honest we would be mad not to, a hard working model pro, experienced & we have badly missed his energy & drive.

And his professionalism.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Superb replies to all the questions. It would be too easy for NP to answer with anger showing but doing it with a smile shows his class.

It a certainty that he will not need a pre match team talk when we play Millwall next season. Just pin a copy of the Millwall keepers comments on the dressing room door!

It seems to me that Nige is gently patronising Gregor. He responds as if he’s replying to a 10 year old kid asking a naive question.

14 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I just love listening to his press conferences and interviews. He is so calm and in control; always considering what to say before saying it. Wish I was more like that!

I do as well. Very calm and in control as you say. He’s clearly learnt from his past run-ins with journalists (ostrich etc.). His experience shines through. And he gives me confidence for next season. 

13 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

The media will be all over this game to see the record broken.. Well let's hope we can spoil the party. 

Especially as we're about to set the record for the fewest shots ever taken by a Championship team across a season. What a game this is shaping up to be.

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Especially as we're about to set the record for the fewest shots ever taken by a Championship team across a season. What a game this is shaping up to be.

Yes I expect the commentators will have the stats at the ready ?

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Whether u like it or not.....Gregor IS a sports journalist, not a wanna be?  I think he does an OK job, and asks some good direct questions.  How can you possibly know what NP thinks of him?   Cheap   jibes are easy to make when your a keyboard warrior?            . ?

Archived