Jump to content

Happy Birthday John Galley!


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, red kev said:

As a 10 year old Galley lived in a club house near me in whitchurch

 Came across him one sunday morning pushing his baby in a pram the day after I'd watched my hero in action at the gate

 Got his autograph and was made up

 

 

In the bungalows near the newt pond, number 626 I think

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, pogue malone said:

Skirton  Sharpe  Spiring 

 

Plus Savino

and Connor, Clark, Crowe
 

Bartley, Briggs, Bush 

Perhaps alliteration should be a major consideration when NP makes his summer signings 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, swanker said:

He was the main man when I first started attending City games as a kid. The only goal of his I can remember was the header her scored in a 1 nil win over Birmingham. I think it was a night game?

Don't think so. Terrific  header, such power from outside the D  !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2021 at 07:21, Port Said Red said:

Ummm no, not having that. 😡

Well, I watched Bobby Gould play for the City and I can confirm that his footballing brain and deft skills were way ahead of our boys on many occasions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2021 at 10:15, Lanterne Rouge said:

Replace Gould with Gillies and I`m with you!

Are you seriously comparing Gillies with Gould? Donnie Gillies  was just a sprinter, very little in the way of skill.

Gould played in a superb Arsenal side. Don’t think Donnie would have made that side. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jefferz said:

Well, I watched Bobby Gould play for the City and I can confirm that his footballing brain and deft skills were way ahead of our boys on many occasions. 

He was a waster with a big mouth. I saw him play one decent game for us and that was against his old club Coventry, which says everything. Gerry Gow had the right idea in dealing with him, and he disappeared pretty quickly after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2021 at 11:42, pogue malone said:

Johnny Johnny galley Johnny galley is our k ing

On 08/05/2021 at 11:39, Southport Red said:

My boyhood hero

 

”we all love you, we all love you, Galley is our King”. 

"We are City, We are City, Galley is our King."

And to think the young 'uns mock our memory eh?

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2021 at 19:11, pogue malone said:

John Galley superstar how many goals has he scored so far

 

OR, when we played the slags............

Robin Stubbs super qu**r ,how many b*ms have you had this year ? OR.........

Robin, Robin,I'd walk a mile and a bit to rub your face in the sh*t, oh Robin 

 

 

(edited for parental discretion )😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

OR, when we played the slags............

Robin Stubbs super qu**r ,how many b*ms have you had this year ? OR.........

Robin, Robin,I'd walk a mile and a bit to rub your face in the sh*t, oh Robin 

 

 

(edited for parental discretion )😎

Wasn't he married to the bird on the generation game?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MJP3 said:

"We are City, We are City, Galley is our King."

And to think the young 'uns mock our memory eh?

 

Remembered the “Galley is our King” bit, credit where it’s due. Now, when’s the nurse coming with my tea? 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2021 at 18:37, Banjo Island said:

Happy birthday big john id walk a million miles for one of your goals

Never forget that night at Eastville on the Tote End when we won 5/0 and every one of our 5 forwards scored and we sang ' a million miles' and OMG did it ring around. Shame about those daffodils but they had simply to go that night... I seem to remember the cross bar going at that end as well, correct me if I am wrong...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Never forget that night at Eastville on the Tote End when we won 5/0 and every one of our 5 forwards scored and we sang ' a million miles' and OMG did it ring around. Shame about those daffodils but they had simply to go that night... I seem to remember the cross bar going at that end as well, correct me if I am wrong...

Not wrong, not surprising either ,with 3 or 4 big blokes hanging off it !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2021 at 12:37, red kev said:

As a 10 year old Galley lived in a club house near me in whitchurch

 Came across him one sunday morning pushing his baby in a pram the day after I'd watched my hero in action at the gate

 Got his autograph and was made up

 

 

He fathered a baby when he was only 10 years old?

Wow! He has gone up in my estimation of him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2021 at 11:37, red kev said:

As a 10 year old Galley lived in a club house near me in whitchurch

 Came across him one sunday morning pushing his baby in a pram the day after I'd watched my hero in action at the gate

 Got his autograph and was made up

 

 

Used to live in a detached house owned by the club on Whitchurch Lane if I remember correctly. Near top of Bamfield.

Edited by oldstandrobin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Used to live in a detached house owned by the club on Whitchurch Lane if I remember correctly. Near top of Bamfield.

Yes that is correct. Same house was previously used by high mcilmoyle during his brief spell with us.

  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/05/2021 at 19:56, Eastendboy1965 said:

Never forget that night at Eastville on the Tote End when we won 5/0 and every one of our 5 forwards scored and we sang ' a million miles' and OMG did it ring around. Shame about those daffodils but they had simply to go that night... I seem to remember the cross bar going at that end as well, correct me if I am wrong...

I was tugging at it, but that's another memory.

Kicked shyte out of those daffodils that night, they were the only thing around.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He fathered a baby when he was only 10 years old?

Wow! He has gone up in my estimation of him.

He was also watched in action at the Gate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, red kev said:

Yes that is correct. Same house was previously used by high mcilmoyle during his brief spell with us.

He was renowned for his drug taking habits, that's why he leapt so high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/05/2021 at 19:43, Southport Red said:

Remembered the “Galley is our King” bit, credit where it’s due. Now, when’s the nurse coming with my tea? 😀

Galley woahowa, Galley, I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals, John Galley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...