I think NP will go with a 4-2-3-1 for this, something like

Bentley

Simpson  Kalas.  Baker. Dasilva

Massengo. Lansbury

Semenyo    Scott.    Wells

Conway

• Like 1

6-4-0 ?

Seriously...I think that O'Leary could be tested again, Simpson could play but Dasilva won't be risked (Rowe/Ses). A midfield four would be better against a quality team like Brentford, so I'd go with Massengo LM, Bakinson,Lansburyand Semenyo (who could move forward sometimes); Wells & Conway in attack.

7 minutes ago, Coolrunnings said:

Seems like this season has gone on forever. Today’s game against Brentford nothing to play for .

To say this has been a dismal season is slight understatement,management changes, injury list debacle, MA leaving to name but a few.

On reflection not a lot of positives, thank heavens for our start otherwise we would be in deep sh**.

The table looks pretty depressing and the only positive is that games have run out for us to drop any further.

Despite a lack of interest for us in the final game I will be watching closely the outcome at the bottom, Wycombe all but gone then any 2 from 3 to join them , quite happy if Derby go as they just annoy me.

Cant wait to watch some competitive sport soon, definitely won’t be paying a tenner this afternoon. Brentford may well rest several and we’ll probably win! Can’t see too many watching Robins tv today.

Here’s hoping for a promising summer period , I’m going to enjoy watching some cricket and watching out for arrivals and departures at the gate.

A bit of interest on the final day, hoping for Rotherham to stay up because my niece’s husband and his family are fans. Such a shame for Wycombe I hope they can come back up soon. 
The final game of the season is always sad, I’ll be watching the final Robins TV (hopefully) COYRs

Yes! Hoping for a busy/interesting summer.

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I'l take a boring draw right now. Fear a heavy defeat though.

Get this bloody season finished, it's been an absolute train crash. 

Think we’ll win today. Brentford will rest a few for the play offs. They’ve got more important games than today coming up in next couple of weeks. Can’t be caught for third position 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, daored said:

Think we’ll win today. Brentford will rest a few for the play offs. They’ve got more important games than today coming up in next couple of weeks. Can’t be caught for third position 

I’d be amazed if we win, Brentford have already made it clear that they are picking a strong side & with our levels of form & confidence they could probably rest 8 today & still win.

Hope Pearson uses as few as possible that he has already decided to release, we probably don’t have enough to leave them all out, but with the game being meaningless to us, I hope to see a fair few youngsters given a go.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, M.D said:

I think NP will go with a 4-2-3-1 for this, something like

Bentley

Simpson  Kalas.  Baker. Dasilva

Massengo. Lansbury

Semenyo    Scott.    Wells

Conway

Expect Bakinson & Vyner to both play, if Baker is being released there seems no point in him playing, unless Kalas is left out when we have no choice.

Bakinson should start, with Scott possibly getting another 45.

I'll watch as always, and renewed my ST on deadline day.

Crap season, but on the other hand if there was one to miss seeing live it was this one. Part of me is glad in a way, if we'd been in some battle for the playoffs it'd be awful to be stuck at home watching.

Lots of pacing around living rooms in Derbyshire and South Yorkshire this morning I expect!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Expect Bakinson & Vyner to both play, if Baker is being released there seems no point in him playing, unless Kalas is left out when we have no choice.

Bakinson should start, with Scott possibly getting another 45.

I can see Baker being offered a new deal but on realistic terms, from the hints we have about players next season I think we will go with 3/4 new key signings and a few offered new deals..

1 minute ago, M.D said:

I can see Baker being offered a new deal but on realistic terms, from the hints we have about players next season I think we will go with 3/4 new key signings and a few offered new deals..

Can’t see it.

If we cannot find someone with a better availability record & on far less than Baker we really aren’t looking very hard.

My hunch is Simpson, Walsh & Weimann will be the only 3 offered contracts.
If there is a 4th I think Lansbury or Rowe are more likely than Baker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, M.D said:

You may be correct but I hope you’re wrong. Players, even those with a good injury record when young, usually suffer more from injuries as they get older. Someone like Baker, who’s got an awful history of injuries, isn’t going to suddenly turn into someone who can stay fit for anything like a full season. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t see it.

If we cannot find someone with a better availability record & on far less than Baker we really aren’t looking very hard.

My hunch is Simpson, Walsh & Weimann will be the only 3 offered contracts.
If there is a 4th I think Lansbury or Rowe are more likely than Baker.

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You may be correct but I hope you’re wrong. Players, even those with a good injury record when young, usually suffer more from injuries as they get older. Someone like Baker, who’s got an awful history of injuries, isn’t going to suddenly turn into someone who can stay fit for anything like a full season. 

I do agree and I wouldn't offer him a new deal myself but I think we will be limited financially and he could be a cheap back up option on reduced terms with money spent elsewhere on players we need

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

I do agree and I wouldn't offer him a new deal myself but I think we will be limited financially and he could be a cheap back up option on reduced terms with money spent elsewhere on players we need

He won’t be “cheap” he’s a top 4 earner.

Plus even if we got him to accept half, so £9k a week, how does that help us if he is missing 50% of the time? 
Which would still be a huge improvement on this season.

May as well keep Mariappa in that case, on about a third of what Baker is & available far more often.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He won’t be “cheap” he’s a top 4 earner.

Plus even if we got him to accept half, so £9k a week, how does that help us if he is missing 50% of the time? 
Which would still be a huge improvement on this season.

May as well keep Mariappa in that case, on about a third of what Baker is & available far more often.

As I said, I do agree and wouldn't be my choice, just feel the club may go down that route but I hope not..

Han-Noah has been a rare highlight since Nige arrived.

After not featuring in Nigel’s first few games he started in the victory over Birmingham in mid March and the talk was of loaning him out next season, selling him, another failure.

I may be mistaken, but I think he’s played every minute since, if not all most and I’m trying to think of anyone who’s played more in that time.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, M.D said:

Baker is our best defender but far too injury prone. Difficult to know what to do there...

I reckon Nige will go with 4 defenders 4 midfielders and two forwards.............:whistle:

The midfield and  forwards will almost certainly be an opportunity to play some youngsters and possibly Conway or Scott will get a start.

The Bees are assured a pray off place but will want to finish on a high and City are safe but based on the recent run of poor results will just want to get the match out of the way. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us be on the end of another heavy defeat.

To lose the game by less than two goals would be a decent result imo.

16 minutes ago, M.D said:

As I said, I do agree and wouldn't be my choice, just feel the club may go down that route but I hope not..

Too true, neither of us are Nigel Pearson, so we don’t know, we’ll find out next week.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m going to watch Derby v Sheffield Wednesday as that going to be much more interesting 

Same here Pongers, as a Wednesday supporter as well, Rotherham to lose or draw and the Owls beat WRDC and Owls stay with the Robins ?

• Like 2
  • Robin 1