IGNORED

Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

Hopefully once this god awful season is over, Nige will get them to sas elite fitness for the coming season and with a few additions, hopefully we will be a slightly different beast next season. Here's hoping. 

Brentford 5 City 0

I'm looking forward to the Sheffield Wed, Derby game more tbf

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

A bit of interest on the final day, hoping for Rotherham to stay up because my niece’s husband and his family are fans. Such a shame for Wycombe I hope they can come back up soon. 
The final game of the season is always sad, I’ll be watching the final Robins TV (hopefully) COYRs

Yes! Hoping for a busy/interesting summer.

Last game of 89-90 season wasn't sad! Hic! ??

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Last game of 89-90 season wasn't sad! Hic! ??

Or 06-07 and 14-15.

49 minutes ago, 22A said:

Their fans seem to think their B team will be the best option for today. This would rest players ahead of their play offs.

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/team-v-bristol-city.135273/

That is why we will win. well lets hope so. Wow what a season that started of in hope and probably more true to the fact most of us knew we were never ready.

I hope the lads do well today and I wish all the best to youngsters that may get a chance to wear the great red shirt today at Ashton Gate.

it is a massive COYReds for me and next season will bring better fortunes.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I reckon Nige will go with 4 defenders 4 midfielders and two forwards.............:whistle:

The midfield and  forwards will almost certainly be an opportunity to play some youngsters and possibly Conway or Scott will get a start.

The Bees are assured a pray off place but will want to finish on a high and City are safe but based on the recent run of poor results will just want to get the match out of the way. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us be on the end of another heavy defeat.

To lose the game by less than two goals would be a decent result imo.

Be positive mate. you may as well not bother streaming the match today with that way of thinking. 

2 hours ago, Coolrunnings said:

Seems like this season has gone on forever. Today’s game against Brentford nothing to play for .

To say this has been a dismal season is slight understatement,management changes, injury list debacle, MA leaving to name but a few.

On reflection not a lot of positives, thank heavens for our start otherwise we would be in deep sh**.

The table looks pretty depressing and the only positive is that games have run out for us to drop any further.

Despite a lack of interest for us in the final game I will be watching closely the outcome at the bottom, Wycombe all but gone then any 2 from 3 to join them , quite happy if Derby go as they just annoy me.

Cant wait to watch some competitive sport soon, definitely won’t be paying a tenner this afternoon. Brentford may well rest several and we’ll probably win! Can’t see too many watching Robins tv today.

Here’s hoping for a promising summer period , I’m going to enjoy watching some cricket and watching out for arrivals and departures at the gate.

Not watching Robins TV,not wasting my 10er, save the embarrassment,watch  Sky Sports instead,

Not ruling us out of this match, as it partly depends what side Brentford put out. There are secure in third and with the play offs to come must be tempted to rest some of their key players. They are with out doubt better than us, but would be nice not to be tonked.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’ve watched every game this season apart from Luton as I was away. Either through robins tv or the red button. Not today , there could of been many games lately when I could of said enough is enough, but I think I’m still in shock after millwall. Rather watch Wednesday v Derby 

Same. Would love Wednesday to send WRDC & Mr Potato Head down

We haven't had much opportunity to express our displeasure about this season, other than on here.

A very poor audience on Robins TV will send a message, albeit a late insignificant one, from the fanbase.

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

Given how terrible we’ve been I don’t think not watching us today automatically makes you gas, especially when there’s a championship game that actually means something today 

well I have been red for 58 years. If there is an option to watch City then I will watch it over anything else. Terrible or not. Probably should not have mentioned the gas but we need to get the negatives out of this forum. I-am totally gutted how this season has panned out but looking forward to the next.

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I'll watch as always, and renewed my ST on deadline day.

Crap season, but on the other hand if there was one to miss seeing live it was this one. Part of me is glad in a way, if we'd been in some battle for the playoffs it'd be awful to be stuck at home watching.

Lots of pacing around living rooms in Derbyshire and South Yorkshire this morning I expect!

Just wanted to say thanks for posting all the goals on the matchday thread.  Well, thanks for posting our goals anyway.  The ones we have conceded with WTF defending I could have done without. 

I was going to wait until you posted today's first goal but may be waiting a while for that.

COYR

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, 22A said:

Their fans seem to think their B team will be the best option for today. This would rest players ahead of their play offs.

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/team-v-bristol-city.135273/

Is that Brentford's Better team? Bloody hope not!

Come on City!! - end this season on a high, give us something, anything to hold onto through the summer whilst the revolving door of OOC players spins off its pivot....and sends us all dizzy!

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My team for today:

Bentley 

Simpson / Kalas / Baker or Mariappa / Dasilva

Vyner

Massengo / Bakinson / Scott

Conway / Wells

A bit experimental.  Think DS will be here, so only other decision is who to partner Kalas.  If Moore was fit I’d play him.

Only if we see their team sheet first.

Taylor Moore against Ivan Toney. 

Stuff of nightmares.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, M.D said:

I will be watching as always, its my football team..

Same here, though nearly this entire season I've wished it wasn't!

Still could have been worse, I could have been Gas.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

£10 paid.  Madness.  

Still pissed from last night?

I can’t bring myself to watch today. I didn’t watch last weekend either. It’s just too depressing. Thank God we accrued those points earlier in the season. This has to be the worst City team I’ve ever seen that has not been relegated. 

Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised today and those who watch will be rewarded with something positive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, redseptember said:

Just wanted to say thanks for posting all the goals on the matchday thread.  Well, thanks for posting our goals anyway.  The ones we have conceded with WTF defending I could have done without. 

I was going to wait until you posted today's first goal but may be waiting a while for that.

COYR

Thanks to @IAmNick as well. Appreciated. We can always rely on him to post any goals/incidents straight after. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

I’ll have derby game on sky and robins tv on the laptop and F1 qualifying in the ipad. Only watching robins tv to see more of players like Scott 

Why not have Radio 5 on the radio and read the sports pages of today’s newspapers as well?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1