IGNORED

Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

I don't get why people feel that they want the season to finish. Match day is part of my routine and I'll be desperately bored until the Euros. 

Watching City is like watching the Handmaids Tale. It's miserable every week but I still tune in for the next episode...

• Haha 1

Will be listening on Robins audio (RB) but only because they auto renewed the £5 per month from the 3rd. No, seriously I would have paid the £2.50 for the game otherwise, it's the last game of the season and even though it means nothing, got to listen to it, it's habit. Can't see us getting anything today, but hey, who knows, this is City and stranger things have happened. COYR's!

Semenyo probably asked not to play ahead of his big summer move. Similarly to Korey last summer.

Think the writing is on the wall for Jack Hunt.

I would imagine Nige has given Kalas a prolonged break due to carrying the whole defence on his shoulders all season. A final opportunity for Mapps and Bakes to stake a claim for a new contract?

Edited by RedEyez
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, M.D said:

I can see Baker being offered a new deal but on realistic terms, from the hints we have about players next season I think we will go with 3/4 new key signings and a few offered new deals..

Looking at the team you could be right, as it is really hard to see the logic in him & Mariappa both starting ahead of Vyner if both are then getting released next week.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Looking at the team you could be right, as it is really hard to see the logic in him & Mariappa both starting ahead of Vyner if both are then getting released next week.

Yep, maybe negotiations are going well with Baker on reduced wage for two years and maybe Mapps for a year. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Semenyo probably asked not to play ahead of his big summer move. Think the writing is on the wall for Jack Hunt. I would imagine Nige has given Kalas a prolonged break due to carrying the whole defence on his shoulders all season 

Also got the Euros coming up, no need to risk injury in this game.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Strange that 2 central defenders who are out of contract start & Vyner doesn’t.

Hard to argue with much of the rest, basically a side that is all under contract for next season.

Another chance for NP to weigh up if he wants Marriappa and Baker to stay?

We know he rates Vyner from previous comments 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Swede said:

Interesting line up without Kalas and Semenyo.

Along with Bentley and maybe Massengo probably our best chance of getting decent money in the window to fund incoming. I feel like Kalas would want a club with a better chance of success next season and Antoine seems to have been benched more of late so maybe a deal elsewhere in the works

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Another chance for NP to weigh up if he wants Marriappa and Baker to stay?

We know he rates Vyner from previous comments 

Yes, maybe.

Really can’t see us keeping both, but presumably a final chance for them.

• Like 1