IGNORED

Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

1st half summary:

I bloody enjoyed that.  Brentford are a good side, pass it for fun, but they are getting frustrated.

Really good shape and disciplined shape.  Goof distances between the 4, the 2 and the 3, giving Brentford very few pockets to play into.

Baker - 3/4 crunches so far....a bit of physicality, makes a difference!  No, I'm not saying sign him!!!

Simpson - tidy

Dasilva - looking ok....needs to improve crossing (where have said that before)

Scott - very impressive 45 on full debut

Bakinson - sloppy / too eager with through balls, but defensively his positioning has been really good, picked up loads of passes through the lines.

Need to make subs at right time, because we will tire chasing Brentford.  Proactive subs please Nige!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Brentford are a good footballing team and very clever at the cheating side also. Niggly little fouls to break up the game when we have the ball.

Ref doing OK but not impressed with him having a love in with the Brentford players while one of their's was being treated for a headache.

We are doing OK so far.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Same. Would love Wednesday to send WRDC & Mr Potato Head down

We haven't had much opportunity to express our displeasure about this season, other than on here.

A very poor audience on Robins TV will send a message, albeit a late insignificant one, from the fanbase.

Caved in didn’t I ? glad I did. We’ve got glaring problems as we all know but I’ve enjoyed watching Scott massengo & Bakinson . Conways not really got into the game but not had any service. Nice to see two decent full backs. Say what you want about Danny simpson but he’s a good defender . I thought all the kids would be out on loan next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if Scott was part of the squad . 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Caved in didn’t I ? glad I did. We’ve got glaring problems as we all know but I’ve enjoyed watching Scott massengo & Bakinson . Conways not really got into the game but not had any service. Nice to see two decent full backs. Say what you want about Danny simpson but he’s a good defender . I thought all the kids would be out on loan next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if Scott was part of the squad . 

They are worried about Conway in behind.

Wonder who's quicker, him or Bell?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

I bloody enjoyed that.  Brentford are a good side, pass it for fun, but they are getting frustrated.

Really good shape and disciplined shape.  Goof distances between the 4, the 2 and the 3, giving Brentford very few pockets to play into.

Baker - 3/4 crunches so far....a bit of physicality, makes a difference!  No, I'm not saying sign him!!!

Simpson - tidy

Dasilva - looking ok....needs to improve crossing (where have said that before)

Scott - very impressive 45 on full debut

Bakinson - sloppy / too eager with through balls, but defensively his positioning has been really good, picked up loads of passes through the lines.

Need to make subs at right time, because we will tire chasing Brentford.  Proactive subs please Nige!!

Mostly agree.

Bakinson better positioning but reactions are awful, so slow to pick up on runs and interceptions.

Wells a risk in the tackle

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Doesn't really matter, does it? Whatever Rotherham do, you won't get a situation where both sides are happy with the scoreline at Wednesday v Derby

I think it could make a difference if Rotherham win. At that time SW know they are down whatever they do. Suddenly only Derby have something left to play for.

edit. Obligatory FFS

Edited by cityexile