IGNORED

Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Of course we will. Favourites I would think but who cares? If Pearson brings in the right players we’ll be fine. Isn’t worth going overboard about.

If we make some decent signings then I dare say our odds will be vastly different. Just because we finished where we did and the form is crap for the last 3-4 months I don’t think bookies are that naive 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Was quite funny listening to Gilmartin summing up the match by talking about a "goal machine" and realising that he's talking about Louis Britton, not Ivan Toney!!

Will do the lad a world good going into pre season let's hope we have a player on our hands rightly managed he will grow to the level of Ivan ?

• Like 1

I am proud of the way we performed today. With a side that comprised so many young "rookies", we made Brentford work for their win. We competed well, even if at times we were outclassed by a very good Brentford. 

None of our's left anything on the pitch today and one cannot ask for more. Now for the "Repair Shop" to begin an interesting summer.

• Like 11
1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Got one in Joe Williams, if he can get himself fit and stay fit.

I agree though, a midfield 2 of Bakinson and Massengo, or Lansbury with either. Whatever one Nige goes with we don't have someone who can win the ball. Massengo might become that player in years to come, but not yet.

Probably closest we have to what we need in there who is fit is Vyner. Not saying he's the answer though.

Midfield 2 will be problematic for us full stop at this level, certainly if we want the initiative etc.

5 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

This form being......

whimper.PNG

It's truly horrendous. In the back of my mind I'm thinking we took our pre lockdown form into the second half of last season. Form like that doesn't necessarily just go away.

Pearson really does have his work cut out. It's an oppurtunity but not without risk.

Reasons to be cheerful

Han Noah, tried to give him away earlier, now a stalwart. 
Scott -going to be some player. 
Britton, knows where the net is. 
Conway/Bell/Pearson - will have improved thanks to their experiences

Desilva, back from injury

Williams too (hopefully by preseason)

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Got one in Joe Williams, if he can get himself fit and stay fit.

I agree though, a midfield 2 of Bakinson and Massengo, or Lansbury with either. Whatever one Nige goes with we don't have someone who can win the ball. Massengo might become that player in years to come, but not yet.

Probably closest we have to what we need in there who is fit is Vyner. Not saying he's the answer though.

Vyner has versatility and of course is in contract, but if it wasn't for that I would let him go. 

The moment that I knew we would lose today despite a good defensive showing was when Mariappa went off for Vyner. 

I don't mind Vyner in midfield, but I don't ever want to see him or Moore at CB ever again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I mean in a 4231 sort of shape. So you could say it's a 3, with one more advanced.

That seems to be Pearson's preferred system.

I think he will want a runner in the more advanced role. Massengo or Weimann type.

Yeah I could see that going well.

Williams Walsh

Massengo

Maybe? Weimann wide right, Semenyo wide left....

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Vyner has versatility and of course is in contract, but if it wasn't for that I would let him go. 

The moment that I knew we would lose today despite a good defensive showing was when Mariappa went off for Vyner. 

I don't mind Vyner in midfield, but I don't ever want to see him or Moore at CB ever again.

Our biggest problem is us fickle fans ripping kids apart.