IGNORED

Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I don't mind Vyner in midfield, but I don't ever want to see him or Moore at CB ever again.

We all know the championship has top top players. Both are not top players. Massive job for NP to sort out. To get to Brentford’s levels is going to take more than one window 

Abnormal season, with an enormous amount of injuries, main reason of a huge number of defeats. The only two positives? We survived and launched some talented youngsters: some of them could become useful soon. Hopefully the next season will be more normal, and in the summer Nigel's work will reduce our weaknesses, helped by some clever signings.

COYR!

• Like 2

Really says something about where we are as a club that the best player on the pitch was a 17 year old! Thank you very much Ashton and your medical staff mates.

Having said that and considering the formidable opposition, I thought we acquitted ourselves admirably. With youth tiring and the opposition stepping up through the gears it became harder by the minute. 

You can see the work already being done with the second balls and it certainly is far better having mobile full backs.

I've never wished for a season to end as quickly as this one. Very strange times.

It very much seems out with the old ways and clear the decks of all of the bull and the dawn of a new beginning. Nigel Pearson may very well be the most important signing we have made in a long time.

3 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Abnormal season, with an enormous amount of injuries, main reason of a huge number of defeats. The only two positives? We survived and launched some talented youngsters: some of them could become useful soon. Hopefully the next season will be more normal, and in the summer Nigel's work will reduce our weaknesses, helped by some clever signings.

COYR!

I think that's a bit generous

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

We all know the championship has top top players. Both are not top players. Massive job for NP to sort out. To get to Brentford’s levels is going to take more than one window 

As I am aware.

Pearson has said three years, and that's about right.

Yes he has…but we all know, guess and trust what starts next August will not resemble what finished today.  
That must be a given. 
No summer break For NP I reckon. Massive summer lies ahead..

Well it won't, obviously.

I think NP had his break last year. ?

20 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Vyner has versatility and of course is in contract, but if it wasn't for that I would let him go. 

The moment that I knew we would lose today despite a good defensive showing was when Mariappa went off for Vyner. 

I don't mind Vyner in midfield, but I don't ever want to see him or Moore at CB ever again.

I said the same to DaveFevs. We'll discuss this and more in the FBC Live Podcast @ 6.00 PM.:

Link to listen: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=yqpDLSg1uYv

30 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

This form being......

whimper.PNG

You have cherry picked the last four games to make us look bad why not pick the last 6 gam.... (someone whispers in my ear)...really?  Ok why not pick the last 8 gam.... (whispers in ear again)... seriously? Ok why not pick the last 10 gam....(whispers again)....damn! Ok never mind as you were.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
38 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Well thank god it’s all over, turn the lights off and forget about this group of so called professional players (excluding the youngsters who have had to step up)

I wonder what the starting line up will look like first game of next season??

Well for the sake of their survival in the Championship let's hope it bears little resemblance.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think that's a bit generous

Many Championship teams in our conditions would probably have been relegated. Obviously it doesn't change the fact that many things should improve if we want to be stable again, reaching the level of 2/3 seasons ago and then (maybe) making a further step forward.

It will probably need time though.

13 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Many Championship teams in our conditions would probably have been relegated. Obviously it doesn't change the fact that many things should improve if we want to be stable again, reaching the level of 2/3 seasons ago and then (maybe) making a further step forward.

It will probably need time though.

We had a pretty strong squad to pick from throughout the season. I think the injury thing has been over-egged a tad

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Can Robins TV do a special video of Big Nige filling players in before he waves them on his way this evening?

I’m aware of 1 case where something like that may have already happened (well, not a ‘filling in’, but a ‘nose to nose’ confrontation). 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

We had a pretty strong squad to pick from throughout the season. I think the injury thing has been over-egged a tad

We haven’t even got a strong squad when everyone is fit??

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m aware of 1 case where something like that may have already happened (well, not a ‘filling in’, but a ‘nose to nose’ confrontation). 

I’m sure a lot more has gone on behind the scenes than we’ll ever know.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m sure a lot more has gone on behind the scenes than we’ll ever know.

Very true that. 
I’m aware of some rather stinking attitudes just prior to Holden leaving, 1 out of contract player in particular giving it the ‘big un’. 
Then another incident this week with the nose to nose. 
Plus another ooc player a couple of weeks ago was told some ‘home truths’. 
Not a happy environment for some down there at the moment, but hopefully some of the nobs are off shortly. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Very true that. 
I’m aware of some rather stinking attitudes just prior to Holden leaving, 1 out of contract player in particular giving it the ‘big un’. 
Not a happy environment for some down there at the moment, but hopefully some of the nobs are off shortly. 

Don’t know what source you have but that is all very believable tbh.....

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Very true that. 

Sounds good & interesting. Guess your bit stuck with telling more….

Sounds good & interesting. Guess your bit stuck with telling more….

Yeah, to be fair, sources cannot be revealed and names of individual players would be unfair. But take my word for it, there have been some unsavoury scenes and Pearson will be glad to be rid of a few of these wasters. Sadly there will still be some in contract! I’d expect a few to be looking for moves. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Very true that. 

You should name and shame them :laugh:

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Might as well, would hinder them jabbing you in the foot anyway.

A double entendre there Noggers, how very subtle of you.  

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Eliasson looking like he’ll be playing in Ligue Two as it stands

Yes I have been following Nimes a tad too. Slowly but inexorably falling to the drop zone. It's a beautiful place though. Has an amphitheatre in far better condition than Rome's. Well worth a visit for anyone.. arhhh.... No Snapps has put Oz on his daft green traffic light list but not our nearest neighbour. Maybe in 2035 then.

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Very true that. 

It’s almost as if they haven’t enjoyed having pally Deano as head coach or ‘if the players want it we’ll change it for them’ LJ as the boss anymore ?

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s almost as if they haven’t enjoyed having pally Deano as head coach or ‘if the players want it we’ll change it for them’ LJ as the boss anymore ?

To be fair, the “players get whatever they want” isn’t unique to us. 
I was recently made aware of the Wolves players wanting the lights changed in their dressing room. They’d been to Leicester and their changing rooms had little under lights on their seats (like you’d get under a kitchen cupboard kinda thing). Coady is the appointed rep and he had to approach the board and ask for similar lights to be put on their changing room seats. 
They also wanted the tunnel to be made darker and for a wolf on the wall to have bright glaring eyes, to try to intimidate the opposition. 
Of course, the club said yes. And so it was done. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was recently made aware of the Wolves players wanting the lights changed in their dressing room. They’d been to Leicester and their changing rooms had little under lights on their seats (like you’d get under a kitchen cupboard kinda thing). Coady is the appointed rep and he had to approach the board and ask for similar lights to be put on their changing room seats. 
They also wanted the tunnel to be made darker and for a wolf on the wall to have bright glaring eyes, to try to intimidate the opposition. 

Modern football eh, player power. Jump/how high etc.

Said this for weeks when there was a perception of our squad downing tools or selectively doing so- can happen at any club, any time- I'd say here certainly. Nice wage, nice city- good to excellent facilities, nice rural areas nearby if Bristol not ideal. Comfortable to do enough to keep us at this level, but maybe not the desire to really push on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I hate modern day footballers - absolute pandered snow flakes completely out of touch with reality. Can't wait for some of these wastes of space to find it difficult to get their next gravy train job.

I know some will disagree with my view but I really do think the vast sums of money they earn and the way they are pampered by a Club/staff is part of the cause of what we're now seeing here. Players thinking they are above the rules/law and thinking they're 'gods' and can do what they want with zero consequences.

Would love it if football introduced performance based contracts. I suspect we might end up seeing footballers actually earning their money then. 

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I disagree. This is how bad it has been:

Sessegnon - Injured for 23 games

Dasilva - Injured for 34 games (played carrying an injury too)

Mawson - Injured for 34 games

Baker - Injured for 43 games

Weimann - Injured for 38 games

Paterson - Injured for 26 games  ( + clearly not fit in the 6 games between those two spells out)

O'Dowda - Injured for 26 games

Williams - Injured for 45 games

Walsh - Injured for 43 games

Brunt - Injured for 29 games

Martin - Injured for 20 games

Rowe - Injured for 13 games

Pring - Injured for 22 games

Adelakun - Injured for 20 games

Going by that how can players even begin to perform consistently and gain confidence being out for that amount of games.. Seriously though that is shocking.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Superjack said:

Vyner has versatility and of course is in contract, but if it wasn't for that I would let him go. 

The moment that I knew we would lose today despite a good defensive showing was when Mariappa went off for Vyner. 

Wow! Give the other side some credit.