Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

M.D

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Toby Announced thinks we finished the season ‘ on a high ‘ .

:blink:

Curiously the future looks bright. 

Is Great Britton the new Paul Cheesley? 

Thats who he reminds me of as well.

Once he's filled out a bit, he'll be hard to stop - put two of their players on their arses, got a booking, and scored a goal. Not a bad 20 minutes :clapping:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Thats who he reminds me of as well.

Once he's filled out a bit, he'll be hard to stop - put two of their players on their arses, got a booking, and scored a goal. Not a bad 20 minutes :clapping:

Put himself about more in 30 minutes than Fam has in 3 months 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bredwood said:

After this dreadful year I presume we’ll be in most pundits choices for relegation next season.

Of course we will. Favourites I would think but who cares? If Pearson brings in the right players we’ll be fine. Isn’t worth going overboard about.

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

My Carling Saturday 

City Win, Scott and Conway both scoring 

Sheff Wednesday draw

Cardiff Rotherham have an injury for 10 minutes and Cardiff to score on 89 minutes and then Rotherham score 2 in the final minutes of extra time to win 1-2 to make Rooney think they are safe 

Carling is shit anyway 

I heard that Coventry had their easiest game of the season today against a team that didn't try and were on the beach already. Keeper had a nightmare as well - ball got stuck in his gob at one point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

IMO Sheffield Wednesday had 12 points deducted then reduced. Had there chances and deserve to go down. 

True, but Derby have been financially dodgy as well. Would’ve preferred a Rotherham survival over both of them. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

Nice to see Britton score, nice to see the number of young players on the pitch.

That's about it tbh...

******* Cardiff, ******* Pack- the small hope now is that EFL appeal comes through and Derby get docked at least two points for this season- that happens and they're DOWN, along with Sheffield Wednesday- there is an Appeal still outstanding as it goes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Well thank god it’s all over, turn the lights off and forget about this group of so called professional players (excluding the youngsters who have had to step up)

I wonder what the starting line up will look like first game of next season??

8 minutes ago, bredwood said:

After this dreadful year I presume we’ll be in most pundits choices for relegation next season.

Wouldn't be a shock would it. This is our typical trajectory, followed by relegation. Let's hope Nige still has it. 

Well done today Louis. Slog of a season but we somehow survived relatively comfortably. NP is the man to take us forward and the rebuild can now begin. Looking forward to next season. COYR, CTID.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bredwood said:

And rightly so. It's going to take a huge effort for a turnaround that would produce an 'average' season. It won't be easy to shake off this form.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Of course we will. Favourites I would think but who cares? If Pearson brings in the right players we’ll be fine. Isn’t worth going overboard about.

If we make some decent signings then I dare say our odds will be vastly different. Just because we finished where we did and the form is crap for the last 3-4 months I don’t think bookies are that naive 

Let's be honest, since Birmingham away we've just- I dunno we were basically safe and it showed in performances.

Throw in all the injuries- we can do better, we must do better but the relegation thing- hard to say because there are quite a lot of sides in this League who are not great, or who might have financial issues.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah I don't really get what any of what we see on the pitch currently has to do with next season.

We will have loads of players back who haven't played much of the season. And Nige will be able to bring in a decent number of new players. He will be backed, I'd be amazed if he isn't.

So avoid a ridiculous injury list all season, and bring in good players with the good ones we have. I don't see why we can't even do well next season. Barnsley would have gone down last season if it wasn't for Wigan and now they're top 6. Things can change quickly.

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Was quite funny listening to Gilmartin summing up the match by talking about a "goal machine" and realising that he's talking about Louis Britton, not Ivan Toney!!

Will do the lad a world good going into pre season let's hope we have a player on our hands rightly managed he will grow to the level of Ivan 🤞

• Like 1

I am proud of the way we performed today. With a side that comprised so many young "rookies", we made Brentford work for their win. We competed well, even if at times we were outclassed by a very good Brentford. 

None of our's left anything on the pitch today and one cannot ask for more. Now for the "Repair Shop" to begin an interesting summer.

• Like 12