IGNORED

Final Match Day Thread v Brentford

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Yes odd pick.

If NP re-signs Mariappa, Lansbury, Rowe or Hunt I will seriously start to doubt him.

I really hope he does sign Lansbury, starting to show his quality and with a preseason under his belt could be immense for us next season 

• Like 10

I shall be watching on RobinsTV and following the Derby score on the phone.  Team selection is surprising without Kalas or Semenyo.  We have been L1 class for at least the last 10 games whilst Brentford are knocking at the door of the premier League so I'm expecting another game of Boys v Girls and an embarrassing thrashing.  We are so bad that they could even put a dozen past us.

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

Kalas’ confidence is shot so maybe trying to protect him ahead of next season.

Maybe just a gentleman's agreement to keep him fit for euros. Kalas has been poor lately but still one to always put his body on the line. Plus, it gives another look to two good professionals to maybe help us next season. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yep, maybe negotiations are going well with Baker on reduced wage for two years and maybe Mapps for a year. 

With the amount of key players we need to bring in its cost effective to have Baker on a new deal with reduced wages. It will cost us an awful lot more to replace him as cover for centre half, spend the money on a new first choice CH

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Gregor predicts Simpson at right wing back. Hope not!

It will be interesting to see if Nige goes 3 at the back again today. Still no idea what his preferred system will be with us going into next season.

Not for the first time this season, Gregor’s predicted team was miles out & in the wrong formation, too..

• Haha 1

Amazing what a season can do to a team.

The starting eleven today: four who weren’t in the first-team squad at the start of the season. Two who’ve missed nearly the whole season. One who was out on loan in the first part of the season. One who hardly played in the first part of the season. Three regulars (Bentley, Bakinson, Wells). 

And only three players who started the first match, start the final match (Bentley, Massengo and Wells).

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Maybe just a gentleman's agreement to keep him fit for euros. Kalas has been poor lately but still one to always put his body on the line. Plus, it gives another look to two good professionals to maybe help us next season. 

I think that’s the obvious explanation tbh. Kalas has been available every game and whether he’s played well or not there is no need to risk an injury that makes him miss the Euro’s. Good man management by Pearson.

• Like 3

I think this could very well be Bentley's last game for us. I fully expect the club to cash in. I think there is a lot of manouvering already going on behind the scenes with agents even before the season's finished.

With the season we've endured we must all hope that there's a complete overhaul before next August and every player within the squad has to buy in to the new regime that will be instilled by NP or face being discarded.

My Carling Saturday 

City Win, Scott and Conway both scoring 

Sheff Wednesday draw

Cardiff Rotherham have an injury for 10 minutes and Cardiff to score on 89 minutes and then Rotherham score 2 in the final minutes of extra time to win 1-2 to make Rooney think they are safe 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1