IGNORED

BBC wasting our money?

I have enjoyed watching final score this season(with one eye)

Not sure the logic is of this afternoons offering is though

Final score starts today at 3pm with one premier league match and the 2nd division games kicking off at 3pm

If the Sheffield United v Palace game is broadcast,its a strange one as final score finish's at 16:30pm then switching to BBC2

If we want to talk about the BBC wasting money then any programme with Greg Wallace, Stacey Dooley, Rylan or Peter Crouch in it is a good place to start.

And don’t get me started on Mrs. Brown’s Boys, absolute ******* horseshit, whoever commissioned that should be in prison.

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

I have enjoyed watching final score this season(with one eye)

Not sure the logic is of this afternoons offering is though

Final score starts today at 3pm with one premier league match and the 2nd division games kicking off at 3pm

If the Sheffield United v Palace game is broadcast,its a strange one as final score finish's at 16:30pm then switching to BBC2

You are completely right.

Not only do they show television programs when I'm not watching, even when I am watching, there have been loads of occasions when I haven't wanted to watch what they are showing.

The news rarely makes me laugh, often it is stories of famine and despair, and as for that scripted documentary about a London Borough of laundrette users... not for me.

It's almost as if they are trying to keep everyone happy with a balance of shows.

I just never realised they would pander to those needy League 2 fans.

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If we want to talk about the BBC wasting money then any programme with Greg Wallace, Stacey Dooley, Rylan or Peter Crouch in it is a good place to start.

And don’t get me started on Mrs. Brown’s Boys, absolute ******* horseshit, whoever commissioned that should be in prison.

I’ll definitely second the comment “Mrs Brown’s Boy”. It’s complete shite. I’ve yet to meet anyone who thinks it’s good. Usually I’ll watch some of the shite that the wife and youngest want to watch but “Mrs Brown’s Boys” we’re in complete agreement with “can we switch this shite off”.

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Mrs Brown's Boys is weird, I don't know anybody that says they like it, but it gets a lot of viewers.

It's like the Coldplay of TV shows, everyone says they hate it but millions quietly watch.

Quietly, or ideally muted entirely is how I approach my appreciation of Coldplay.

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Mrs Brown's Boys is weird, I don't know anybody that says they like it, but it gets a lot of viewers.

It's like the Coldplay of TV shows, everyone says they hate it but millions quietly watch.

Maybe the game is up. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/mrs-browns-boys-ratings-bbc-deal-b1779463.html

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You are completely right.

Not only do they show television programs when I'm not watching, even when I am watching, there have been loads of occasions when I haven't wanted to watch what they are showing.

The news rarely makes me laugh, often it is stories of famine and despair, and as for that scripted documentary about a London Borough of laundrette users... not for me.

It's almost as if they are trying to keep everyone happy with a balance of shows.

I just never realised they would pander to those needy League 2 fans.

You're right of course I've wasted more than a few hours watching MASH expecting to see a potato based documentary.

1 minute ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

You're right of course I've wasted more than a few hours watching MASH expecting to see a potato based documentary.

Could be worse. The Doris was going on about Drag Race.

Now, I like most motor sport, but blige! I was not expecting that. It was like The Crying Game with glitter.

15 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

No fan of Coldplay but they are huge in the States & as purveyors of safe, dull music, a former boss of mine was a fan & I do at least understand their appeal.

Mrs. Brown’s Boys on the other hand, as someone once said, about as “funny” as a burning orphanage.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

No fan of Coldplay but they are huge in the States & as purveyors of safe, dull music, a former boss of mine was a fan & I do at least understand their appeal.

Mrs. Brown’s Boys on the other hand, as someone once said, about as “funny” as a burning orphanage.

I like "Yellow" (mainly for some memories it brings back) but otherwise I tend to avoid them. They are not as bad as we all make out, they are just a good target for a punchline. 

24mdXIv.gif

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Stacey Dooley. Hard hitting journalism at its finest. One of Britain’s finest treasures 

34 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

My parents in their 70's love it. I remember reading an article saying that style of comedy is rarely made now and so it does appeal to a certain demographic that feel alienated by more modern comedy. Obviously not all people in that demographic like it and it's a bit to much of a generalisation, but it does make some sense.

21 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

It makes "On The Buses" seem like Hamlet.

Reg Varney, Michael Robbins and Stephen Lewis. great memories and always love watching over and ovar again. 

Bollox to the BBC - apart from switching on for Gardener's World, Bob Ross, and University Challenge (maybe one or 2 other things) I make a point of not watching it.

It's not just Mrs. Brown's Boys (ultra shite)  - most of the BBC content isn't far behind in being unwatchable afaic.

Archived