IGNORED

Thank **** it's nearly over

SecretSam

• Admin

Can’t imagine what the atmosphere in the ground would have been like if we’d have all been allowed in, pretty toxic I’d imagine.  The games I have seen, have been some of the most gutless and and disjointed performances in my time watching City.

First 10 games were okay. Some reasonable little spells or individual games since.

Overall though, and yeah despite the fact it was a reserved display going onto the International break with a win at Cardiff, 10-11 therefore.

Since then thought, it's been fairly dire, with a few exceptions.

Too many seasons I have got to this point and pondered on what could have been, unlucky once again. This season I really think we have been lucky, lucky to not be relegated. I still can’t figure how there have been worse teams than us, that takes some doing as overall we have been appalling.

Glad to draw a line under this season, and perhaps we actually have good reason to look ahead with optomism this time.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Shit season yes but 

still got my health and able to go next season 

could be a lot worse 

can’t wait to get back next season 

Unfortunately I too had full health and was able to be alive to witness that shite in 20/20 vision 

Amazing that anyone thought it would be any different after the unexplainable and baffling appointment of Dean Holden.

I have said it more than once on here, my view is this: that appointment was purely a self-serving, inwardly looking, ego-driven appointment by Mark Ashton in order to protect his position as (in hindsight) he ironed out his move to Ipswich. Six weeks to appoint Dean Holden, when others wanted it.

In the meantime there has been a disastrous injury situation (Ashtons department), awful recruitment policy (Ashtons department), and contracts running down with players leaving for free (Ashtons department).

Steve Lansdown put too much trust in a megalomaniac and it has set us back 3 years.

Good riddance to the most self-induced avoidable mess of a season I can remember.

If anything, we should all have a few beers tonight and celebrate, as how we are still a Championship club is incredible.

7 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Amazing that anyone thought it would be any different after the unexplainable and baffling appointment of Dean Holden.

I have said it more than once on here, my view is this: that appointment was purely a self-serving, inwardly looking, ego-driven appointment by Mark Ashton in order to protect his position as (in hindsight) he ironed out his move to Ipswich. Six weeks to appoint Dean Holden, when others wanted it.

In the meantime there has been a disastrous injury situation (Ashtons department), awful recruitment policy (Ashtons department), and contracts running down with players leaving for free (Ashtons department).

Steve Lansdown put too much trust in a megalomaniac and it has set us back 3 years.

Good riddance to the most self-induced avoidable mess of a season I can remember.

If anything, we should all have a few beers tonight and celebrate, as how we are still a Championship club is incredible.

Further than 3 years IMO. This is the worst season performance from a team we’ve had in the champ since we’ve gone up. The quality of the oppositions this season have also looked weaker than ever. If this was the team we had when fighting to stay in the league when we first went up, we wouldn’t of stood a chance. 

I truly believe the 15/16 team performed better than this squad 

17 hours ago, Sturny said:

Further than 3 years IMO. This is the worst season performance from a team we’ve had in the champ since we’ve gone up. The quality of the oppositions this season have also looked weaker than ever. If this was the team we had when fighting to stay in the league when we first went up, we wouldn’t of stood a chance. 

I truly believe the 15/16 team performed better than this squad 

Agree.

On the pitch we are an absolute shambles.

I’ve never witnessed such a rabble, even in the depths of the old fourth division.

We have no clue how to perform even the basics. Teamwork and play is non-existent. 

Rip the entire lot up and start again. Thank you and **** off Mr Ashton.

5 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Agree.

On the pitch we are an absolute shambles.

I’ve never witnessed such a rabble, even in the depths of the old fourth division.

We have no clue how to perform even the basics. Teamwork and play is non-existent. 

Rip the entire lot up and start again. Thank you and **** off Mr Ashton.

Who will we blame once Ashton's gone?

17 hours ago, TomThumb84 said:

Agree the appointment was ridiculous but I believe SL chose Holden against the advice of those around him, which may explain Ashton bolting to Ipswich & JL looking about as disinterested as I can ever recall.

4 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Agree the appointment was ridiculous but I believe SL chose Holden against the advice of those around him, which may explain Ashton bolting to Ipswich & JL looking about as disinterested as I can ever recall.

Maybe, but I suspect not. 

Doubt anyone would go on national radio talking about the quality of candidates and then appoint Dean. 

More likely, someone was reinforcing his position, creating a ‘closed shop’ and not wanting to be exposed by any newcomer. 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Who will we blame once Ashton's gone?

Ashton for a bit longer yet, until we start to see NP’s influences.

The sad thing is that we are laying blame at that level, but he built that view that he was in the centre of it all, so shit sticks I’m afraid. 

On 09/05/2021 at 11:10, Davefevs said:

Ashton for a bit longer yet, until we start to see NP’s influences.

The sad thing is that we are laying blame at that level, but he built that view that he was in the centre of it all, so shit sticks I’m afraid. 

And if it had all gone wonderfully right he would be lapping up the glory for sure.

I’m all for credit where it is due and criticism when warranted.

Archived