IGNORED

Champagne moment of the season.

GrahamC

I voted for it too - and not in a childish or sarcastic way but because I genuinely believe it was that important a moment for the club. The man presided over the most radical increase in spending and wages in City's history yet leaves a legacy entirely of his own making, of a substantially devalued and disorganized playing squad.

The man is rated (and defended) only by those who choose not to look at data or think his mask of "business like" professionalism means he must be good at what he does. It was the announcement itself which proved the point as it credited him with a stadium and training ground and had nothing to say about what he's paid for.

Leaving is the best thing the over-promoted self-absorbed wage-stealing serial blagger ever did.

13 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The club can ignore it all they want but they know....

17 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

It was the announcement of Ashton's departure.

Why do the club have such awards which are selected by the fans and pick and choose which they advertise the winners for? The Lansdowns might as well pick the winners in that case, it was clear Ashton was becoming more and more disliked by sections of the fan base, add in a poor season and such an outcome is likely 

7 hours ago, Olé said:

I voted for it too - and not in a childish or sarcastic way but because I genuinely believe it was that important a moment for the club. The man presided over the most radical increase in spending and wages in City's history yet leaves a legacy entirely of his own making, of a substantially devalued and disorganized playing squad.

The man is rated (and defended) only by those who choose not to look at data or think his mask of "business like" professionalism means he must be good at what he does. It was the announcement itself which proved the point as it credited him with a stadium and training ground and had nothing to say about what he's paid for.

Leaving is the best thing the over-promoted self-absorbed wage-stealing serial blagger ever did.

You forgot “I love you”!

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Why do the club have such awards which are selected by the fans and pick and choose which they advertise the winners for? The Lansdowns might as well pick the winners in that case, it was clear Ashton was becoming more and more disliked by sections of the fan base, add in a poor season and such an outcome is likely 

Two reasons;

The Lansdowns are probably embarrassed, but not in the way they should be, which was being taken in by him in the first place.

Secondly although SL has done a lot of good for this club, you are simply deluded if you really think he wants to listen to what we have to say. 
He got rid of shareholder meetings, in fact he has tried to get rid of shareholders, plus his interviews where he effectively says “I’ve put a lot of money into the club so can do what I like”, reveal a lot.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Two reasons;

The Lansdowns are probably embarrassed, but not in the way they should be, which was being taken in by him in the first place.

Secondly although SL has done a lot of good for this club, you are simply deluded if you really think he wants to listen to what we have to say. 
He got rid of shareholder meetings, in fact he has tried to get rid of shareholders, plus his interviews where he effectively says “I’ve put a lot of money into the club so can do what I like”, reveal a lot.

I agree with you on a lot of your points and unfortunately with the corporate side of the club / Bristol Sport we as fans have become less important and are now ‘customers’ rather than ‘fans’ in the eyes of the club.

I’ve never understood the argument of Lansdown putting more into the club than we as fans have - for me it’s irrelevant. The Rotherham boss was talking the other day about a fan who had £90 disposable income a month but goes to two home games a month (I’m not sure the cost of attending Rotherham games) but as a % of his disposable income it has to be high. I’m sure we have fans in a similar position.

As for the award , it should be published, after all it would give Ashton one final opportunity to ‘thank’ the Lansdown family and massage their egos!!

9 hours ago, Olé said:

A hand would have been enough….???

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Two reasons;

I think he wants to listen. Just not to have anyone else make decisions.

He seems quite open; I’ve been to events, including at away games, where he’s been there to take questions etc from fans. He’s been on a podcast recently. I think he’s probably closer to fans than many owners.

Decision making is different though. And although it probably wasn’t the best way to put it, fact is that someone has to make decisions and he’s in charge. Based on OTIB you’d never get a decision made, there’s be almost nothing we’d agree on! And most of the views are very much clouded by the benefit of hindsight! Even the almost universal dislike of Ashton is relatively recent.

Fan on the Board, fans representative though…maybe. What’s your view on what should happen, and how he should take account of fans views?

Archived