IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Unan

3 minutes ago, Walsheys step over said:

I feel as a club we are in the last chance saloon for premiership football and Pearson is our best hope I am impressed with his talk let’s hope he can back it up and he will need time but with obvious improvement straight away 

Not last chance saloon by any stretch. Of course I want it sooner rather than later but we’ve been around over 120 years and while there’s a football pyramid, there’s always  a chance.

On the footballing side we need to be more streamlined & efficient . 
I want to bring a culture and a identity the fans can be supportive of & believe in. 
two statement that are music to my ears.

that really does indicate a shake up in recruitment & hopefully playing identity we’ve wanted for years. 
Bring it on NP 

Im not excited for next season, im nervous about it.

I am pleased we will see the back of most of these chancing wage stealing "pros" we have, but I am still very much anxious about next season.

I mean we need a complete overhaul. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Im not excited for next season, im nervous about it.

I am pleased we will see the back of most of these chancing wage stealing "pros" we have, but I am still very much anxious about next season.

I mean we need a complete overhaul. 

Must admit I am anxious too. Have to see though won't we and it won't be a quick fix so I'm hoping for a marked improvement on this season and happy with a lower half finish for sure.

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Not last chance saloon by any stretch. Of course I want it sooner rather than later but we’ve been around over 120 years and while there’s a football pyramid, there’s always  a chance.

How long before the SL pulls the plug he won’t be around for ever I’ve supported city for over 40 years and feel every thing is in line apart from the most important thing the team on the pitch 

It seems to me he is going to change a lot for next season and that will start very soon, so players expecting a summer holiday are not going to get one.

Change in training, fitness, mental capacity to deal with situations, new players, new medical/fitness staff, new philosophy.

I am sure he has a bunch of players from old that will want to come and work for/play for him.

5 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

Blamed everyone up to and near enough including the fans for surprising him with support. 

Then went with a but in terms of performance and 'responsibility 

Hot air after capitulation number 27000 of the season approximately. 

The telling bit was at the end with the love hate thing. 

My gut is still telling me he's not going to be around long. 

As mentioned loved to be proven wrong, but  we cant keep folding all the time. 

Firstly, I like your contributions to the forum in general. You seem like a decent person.

But can I ask what you have against Nigel Pearson?

I think I can recall a post you made early on regarding his language at times. That’s fair enough, language and tone can be very subjective.

But since it’s been a constant barrage against him. I honestly don’t know why.

I can fully accept that he may not be the messiah and I can also accept that the blind faith can sometimes be frustrating, but neither are Nigel Pearson’s fault.

Just an honest question for you ?

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, are we talking about Nigel “9 points from 39, worst managerial start in City’s history but not at all my fault in any way” Pearson?

I’m sure you’re right re the points return.

Do you know what Gary Johnson’s points return on his first batch of games?

5 minutes ago, Walsheys step over said:

How long before the SL pulls the plug he won’t be around for ever I’ve supported city for over 40 years and feel every thing is in line apart from the most important thing the team on the pitch 

Id imagine, since his son has the passion for it, it would continue. Unless we find somebody who they feel can progress us in the correct way.

I am confident about our future ownership at the very least. I do trust Steve in that regard. 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I’m not sure which was his first match, but if you ignore the two matches after the 7-1 defeat at Swansea which was Tinnion’s last match, assuming Johnson wasn’t yet in charge, the next thirteen were W6 D0 L7, Pts 18.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m not sure which was his first match, but if you ignore the two matches after the 7-1 defeat at Swansea which was Tinnion’s last match, assuming Johnson wasn’t yet in charge, the next thirteen were W6 D0 L7, Pts 18.

I seem to remember a terrible spell which we arrested at Port Vale.

I bet the young players will be excited, NP has already shown faith in them and I'm sure they will do whatever he asks and run through brick walls for him. As for some of the more mature professionals I'm sure they are starting to feel the heat from Pearson and had better sort out their attitudes or be sold off, but if their attitude doesn't change from what it's been in the last few months then that just reflects badly on them, not that they would care

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, are we talking about Nigel “9 points from 39, worst managerial start in City’s history but not at all my fault in any way” Pearson?

Comments like this make me laugh. You’re obviously just looking at results alone & nothing else . You have no concept of things that have obviously gone on behind the scenes that are out of his control.

If you thought he was going to come in click his fingers and things would change then you’re deluded. We’ve been in decline for three years. results have nose dived recently but it’s a culmination of everything especially the recruitment, **** up by MA making contract negotiations public , injuries etc. It all has a knock on effect.

conversely , when things start to click behind the scenes next season doesn’t mean we’ll get that replicated in the results . As with the decline it takes time to see it & also the fruits of your labour. 
I presume you had SOD as being one of our worst managers but behind the scenes he had the job of clearing out a lop  sided squad of journeymen players and started to replace them with the basis of our title winning side. That is exactly the position Pearson is in. He has taken responsibility for results or are you just listening to what you want to listen too. 

your comment is nothing short uneducated bollocks 

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Yes. As you allude this is almost the same situation as GJ Found. With the almost the exact result. 

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Gary Johnson won one of his first 9 

13 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

Blamed everyone up to and near enough including the fans for surprising him with support. 

Then went with a but in terms of performance and 'responsibility 

Hot air after capitulation number 27000 of the season approximately. 

The telling bit was at the end with the love hate thing. 

My gut is still telling me he's not going to be around long. 

As mentioned loved to be proven wrong, but  we cant keep folding all the time. 

Good grief.............:facepalm:

Why are you slagging off a guy who’s been here such a short time and who inherited a poorly recruited and poorly coached squad of players - add to that the horrendous injury list that not even Pep would have turned around.

Nige has a proven CV of promotion from the Championship and is an experienced manager who now has a summer to off load the OOC players, bring in the type of player he feels we need, a full pre season with an arduous fitness regimen with time to train and implement his style of play.

I really fail to see why you’re so negative...........:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Walsheys step over said:

It does feel like we’re ‘ready’ off the pitch doesn’t it. Fingers crossed we can put that team together that clicks, like 14/15. We’re in for some good times if we can ?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good grief.............:facepalm:

Why are you slagging off a guy who’s been here such a short time and who inherited a poorly recruited and poorly coached squad of players - add to that the horrendous injury list that not even Pep would have turned around.

Nige has a proven CV of promotion from the Championship and is an experienced manager who now has a summer to off load the OOC players, bring in the type of player he feels we need, a full pre season with an arduous fitness regimen with time to train and implement his style of play.

I really fail to see why you’re so negative...........:dunno:

I’ve put him on ignore . He drains the bloody life out of you ?

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s not true.

Johnson won 3 of his first 4, but then lost the next 9.

So W3 D0 L10 of his first 13.

Absolutely the right man for me . That interview gives me such a lift . Maybe because it’s been such a dire season. But he is the first manager in a long time I have confidence in. Give the man the tools to do the job and we will be ok. If City lose and give 100% no complaints 

So far, I'm okay with Pearson.

No frills, no fancies. Like that he acknowledges what enduring endless sh**e must feel like for the fans.

Have a feeling he'll fix this bl**dy awful mess and transform us into genuine contenders.

Let's just see who he turfs out and brings in. The sooner the better.

Archived