IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Unan

Pretty sure I heard him say at least twice - “I take full responsibility”.

He even said “it’s my team”.  No slagging off of previous regimes, no excuses such as “they’re Dean’s players and staff”.  He’s been complimentary of the coaching staff too in previous interviews.

Really don’t know how it’s possible to listen to that and see it as a blame game.  

Is it one of those psychological tests where someone hears “Laurel” and the other hears “yanny”?

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

49 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

Blamed everyone up to and near enough including the fans for surprising him with support. 

Then went with a but in terms of performance and 'responsibility 

Hot air after capitulation number 27000 of the season approximately. 

The telling bit was at the end with the love hate thing. 

My gut is still telling me he's not going to be around long. 

As mentioned loved to be proven wrong, but  we cant keep folding all the time. 

That's just meaningless twaddle and you know it. He may not have impressed you so far, but don't dish dirt that simply isn't there.

You're right about one thing though, the telling bit was at the end, "let's see what next year brings".

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He even said “it’s my team”.  No slagging off of previous regimes, no excuses such as “they’re Dean’s players and staff”.  He’s been complimentary of the coaching staff too in previous interviews.

Really don’t know how it’s possible to listen to that and see it as a blame game.  

Is it one of those psychological tests where someone hears “Laurel” and the other hears “yanny”?

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

NP has a season for me to sort this lot out - he’s got a huge job on his hands just to keep us in the division. I’m hoping to see a change in attitude on the pitch and i really hope we see some of these youngsters given a proper go 

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good grief.............:facepalm:

Why are you slagging off a guy who’s been here such a short time and who inherited a poorly recruited and poorly coached squad of players - add to that the horrendous injury list that not even Pep would have turned around.

Nige has a proven CV of promotion from the Championship and is an experienced manager who now has a summer to off load the OOC players, bring in the type of player he feels we need, a full pre season with an arduous fitness regimen with time to train and implement his style of play.

I really fail to see why you’re so negative...........:dunno:

Simpson

24 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nothing against NP

Going on results, football served up and whats said and lack of action to rectify it. 

NP also said in the interview that he's surprised about lack of criticism despite the team’s performances... 

Simple as that

Not everything is about '@'

I’m probably just getting old so I don’t know what the last line means ??

The root cause of this season’s problems is our performance management and contract management.

Both can be addressed to a degree over the summer.

Would you be prepared to draw a line under this season and start fresh assessment in the pre season, more the fist 10-15 games of next season?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I thought it was an extremely clear indication of what lies ahead! 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Because some people just look at results and form a instant opinion Dave. How anyone can ignore the absolute cluster **** that’s been going on more or less since the cup run then I do wonder what people are looking at sometimes. I think they just look at 11 players on the pitch and when we lose it’s the managers fault , it’s that black & white ?
most people know , well run football clubs in every department off the field end up with success on it (success being relative ) poorly run club struggle . 
In some departments (football side) we’ve been poorly run for a few years and it’s come home to roost. 
But **** that , we’ll blame the bloke who’s just walked through the door ?

53 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, are we talking about Nigel “9 points from 39, worst managerial start in City’s history but not at all my fault in any way” Pearson?

I take full responsibility with the caveat it’s not my fault at all in any way??. Even Ralphy’s Standing Foot accepts he’s taken responsibility albeit we disagree to what degree.

As far as I am concerned, today is the real start of Nigel's job. This is where he can hopefully get rid of the palyers and staff that he does want and look to build for the future. Good luck and I wish you well as I would love to see us reach our real expectations. 

36 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's a discussion forum, it's not a dream like panacea where everything is blind to what's being served up ona mix of hope and blind faith

You've got form for doing the same for previous managers and it would be easy to write off  your response. However I'm not

I'm not actually negative, I'm actually saying it as I see it. 

I dont expect it to be popular and, I'm not sorry for being honest. if you dont like that, then there's really nothing I can do about that except keep discussing stuff. 

Sure, I repeatedly slagged off GJs style of play after over a season of witnessing the dull and dreary stuff he served up - qualified criticism. You however are slagging of Nige based on bugger all.

Pearson kept us up but his time here has been largely underwhelming. That is significantly offset by the obvious obstacles he has faced which, coupled with his CV, means even if you aren’t optimistic you really have to be giving him the benefit of doubt.

That said, it shouldn’t be overlooked that he’s currently being carried by his CV. If this were Appleton/Lowe etc it is hard to see how we wouldn’t be appointing someone new again in the summer.

It’s a forum, people have different views of course, but if you’re being overly/consistently positive or overly/consistently negative it should probably be concluded that you have an agenda, potentially subconsciously, which is influencing your opinion.

Personally I’m hopeful and looking forward to seeing the changes he/the club implement. Fans have long clamoured for a ‘profile’ appointment and here he is, next season brings a fresh start and I think we’d all agree that’s very, very welcome.

While waiting for the decision on the OOC players, and speculating on who might arrive, I will be keeping a close watch on our breakout kids this summer. 9 debuts across a season is exceptional (albeit there were exceptional circumstances) but not ideal in a losing team. NP has made it clear he wants a trimmer fitter professional squad next term so  if he gets that it will be interesting to see which kids get placed out on loan (and where) and which he might keep around. A fascinating summer lies ahead. 

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

Blamed everyone up to and near enough including the fans for surprising him with support. 

I can't see the blame angle if I'm honest. Not sure how many more times NP can use 'we/our' as shared ownership of the problems that BCFC finds itself in both on and off the pitch. And he has used that terminology ever since he walked into AG. I think next season will be absolutely key as in his mind, he'll have a very definite idea (already) about how the club progresses as a collective and where the team are on the pitch as well as all the backroom staff etc.

And he's most certainly not blaming the fans (why would he? we've had nothing to do with this shitshow season), he's almost certainly taken aback with the level of support he's had (he said so himself in this interview), and thus in his mind he knows what to expect if a) he gets it right or b) he gets it wrong.  That's the love/hate relationship in a nutshell right there about managing.

I have noticed that since Rolls has left he's said our base line fitness is not good enough, a reason why we tail off in the second half?

Rolls is the first person he wanted out IMHO

That was just another piece of brilliance from Pearson.

He's a very very intelligent person. Emotionally secure.

I really can't wait to see the outcome. It will take at least two seasons to see the real changes. I'd love him to be around for longer.

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

Did you actually watch the interview??

3 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

I understand your cynicism about Pearson, in the sense that the results don’t bear out the level of faith fans are placing on him, but I honestly wonder if we were watching the same interview.

I don’t think he was blaming people or avoiding responsibility - he literally said that the responsibility for results was eating away at him. I thought he was blunt that things are not where they need to be and that he needs to change things next season but I think yours is an extremely harsh and unfair assessment of that interview.

3 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Was playing blame bingo. 

I knew from day one that Lee Johnson would ultimately be a disaster. I made my feelings well known as soon as he was appointed. 

But after the initial moans, I got on with supporting City. It was pointless to continue. I even, at times, hoped he would succeed.

Maybe you should try doing the same as Pearson will be here for the foreseeable future?

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I knew from day one that Lee Johnson would ultimately be a disaster. I made my feelings well known as soon as he was appointed. 

But after the initial moans, I got on with supporting City. It was pointless to continue. I even, at times, hoped he would succeed.

Maybe you should try doing the same as Pearson will be here for the foreseeable future?

I sometimes think it’s so they can be proved they were right - ultimately it’s very likely that Nigel Pearson will get sacked, then these people can go ‘told you so’

1 hour ago, M.D said:

I have noticed that since Rolls has left he's said our base line fitness is not good enough, a reason why we tail off in the second half?

Rolls is the first person he wanted out IMHO

Listening to Nige I got the impression that the players have not been fit enough all season - maybe that’s why Rolls was shown the door.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Listening to Nige I got the impression that the players have not been fit enough all season - maybe that’s why Rolls was shown the door.

How many times last season did we play well for 15 minutes then drop off?  Fitness to sustain any dominance has been lacking for a while.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How many times last season did we play well for 15 minutes then drop off?  Fitness to sustain any dominance has been lacking for a while.

Absolutely right.

No doubt Nige will get the squad using programs to increase stamina

10 Ways to increase your stamina
  1. Combine your strength and cardio sessions. ... 
  2. Choose exercises using lots of muscles. ... 
  3. Apply fast-paced, dynamic activities to training. ... 
  4. Don't forget to stretch. ... 
  5. Throw out the old routine. ... 
  6. Stay hydrated. ... 
  7. Nutrition is key. ... 
  8. Consider your rest time.

5 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nope, please try again though. 

I'm used to being a lone voice on here, whether it be regards the academy, or Bobby Reid or whatever else. 

Clearly I dont see things the same as others, but that's the beauty of having a discussion. If everything was the same it would be deathly dull. 

It would be great if we actually had some sustained success and progression. I think that next season means we're at the longest consecutive time at this level since the mid 1960s but will happily be corrected. 

What I'm currently seeing though is a not so new manager, making the same promises that have been made a million times before, without the results to back it up. 

NPs interview for me was blame bingo. That clearly doesn't tie in with others versions of events, and that's what it is. 

If it changes next year and we dont fall into the same rinse and repeat that we aleays do, then great. However at this stage, words and promises and blame are all we have. 

Call it doom mongering if you want. I'm going on what I've seen and evidence in front of me, which at this point doesnt scream success. 

Blamed fitness

Blamed playets,

Blamed the Pandemic, or tactical preparations (isnt that his job to sort??) 

Blamed Out of contract players

Blamed the fans for not giving him crap

Offered loads of buts. 

I dont want excuses, I want doing, and with us we've not seen that, he's not yet earned it here and we continue to be tripe. 

If and it's if we start next season and things change then great.

However nothing at this stage points to that, so I remain agnostic. 

Dead simple really. 

Was he really blaming the fans? Even allowing for your lone wolf position that particular comment is stretching it to say the least. I thought he was surprised he hasn’t got more stick not blaming fans? How did you interpret it as blame?

7 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nope, please try again though. 

I'm used to being a lone voice on here, whether it be regards the academy, or Bobby Reid or whatever else. 

Clearly I dont see things the same as others, but that's the beauty of having a discussion. If everything was the same it would be deathly dull. 

It would be great if we actually had some sustained success and progression. I think that next season means we're at the longest consecutive time at this level since the mid 1960s but will happily be corrected. 

What I'm currently seeing though is a not so new manager, making the same promises that have been made a million times before, without the results to back it up. 

NPs interview for me was blame bingo. That clearly doesn't tie in with others versions of events, and that's what it is. 

If it changes next year and we dont fall into the same rinse and repeat that we aleays do, then great. However at this stage, words and promises and blame are all we have. 

Call it doom mongering if you want. I'm going on what I've seen and evidence in front of me, which at this point doesnt scream success. 

Blamed fitness

Blamed playets,

Blamed the Pandemic, or tactical preparations (isnt that his job to sort??) 

Blamed Out of contract players

Blamed the fans for not giving him crap

Offered loads of buts. 

I dont want excuses, I want doing, and with us we've not seen that, he's not yet earned it here and we continue to be tripe. 

If and it's if we start next season and things change then great.

However nothing at this stage points to that, so I remain agnostic. 

Dead simple really. 

Saying he blamed the fans is not being a lone wolf. It is simply being dishonest. He did not blame the fans.

Archived