IGNORED

Pearson post match interview

Unan

3 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

The big unknown at the moment is how much cash NP will have to spend over the summer.

if it’s a question of recycling cash generated from sales, it’s not going to be a lot.

SL is going to dig deep into his pockets this Summer to keep most fans happy.

It’s more likely to be wages where we have a bit of room not millions to spend on transfer fees. I think we will operate on smaller squad size in order to bring better players in. Which is fine, we don’t need the likes of Marley Waste of a Wage Watkins on the payroll,

35 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

How can you not get cross..FFS..

Because i understand the job this bloke has in front of him - I’ve been far to cross with this current bunch of pussies so have decided that the manager has a season to sort things out before i really start to judge his work. We have a way to go before i expect to see significant change 

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

Because i understand the job this bloke has in front of him - I’ve been far to cross with this current bunch of pussies so have decided that the manager has a season to sort things out before i really start to judge his work. We have a way to go before i expect to see significant change 

As I said earlier the one significant change I EXPECT to see is that we are competing more or less every week. No more games where the shot count second half is 0 v 20.

16 minutes ago, Rob k said:

...FFS..

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No you are not.

In the world of root cause analysis and cause and effect, doing your analysis and finding the true problems….and stating them (as NP has) is not blaming, nor is it failing to take responsibility, but….giving you the points to make change.  It’s as simple as that.

Its fine to say results are shit….they are.

The other stuff is spin / agendas.

My bed only has a right side ?

No you are not.

In the world of root cause analysis and cause and effect, doing your analysis and finding the true problems….and stating them (as NP has) is not blaming, nor is it failing to take responsibility, but….giving you the points to make change.  It’s as simple as that.

Its fine to say results are shit….they are.

The other stuff is spin / agendas.

My bed only has a right side ?

Wow far to much information, that you and your wife top and tail, think the French have given it a number but my schoolboy French only got as far vin et un 

It's become clear since about December that Nige is taking over the worst team in the entire Championship. We are absolutely dreadful, and every stat backs it up.

Mark Ashton's legacy is an overpaid, bloated squad of mercenaries and it's going to take time to rebuild. 

Next season his mission is to keep us in the Championship.  If he gets us to midtable he will have done very well. Any challenge for promotion would be some sort of minor miracle. 

His first task is to build a squad of players that are available to play actual games of football, as we have emphatically failed at that this season. 

Secondly, can we attack teams, create chances and win some home games. Vitally important. 

After that, everything is a bonus tbh. 

Nige is carrying the weight of the club right now. No CEO or DOF and the owners have been caught asleep at the wheel. 

He is our great hope. Let us get behind him, we have little other choice. 

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s more likely to be wages where we have a bit of room not millions to spend on transfer fees. I think we will operate on smaller squad size in order to bring better players in. Which is fine, we don’t need the likes of Marley Waste of a Wage Watkins on the payroll,

Indeed. Granted it was at the level below but Cotts showed us that you can operate with a small squad of players and be successful.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Next season his mission is to keep us in the Championship.  If he gets us to midtable he will have done very well.

Ain’t that the truth. If NP can end next season with us safely in mid-table he’ll be a ‘kin miracle worker, based on the squad he’s inherited. 

4 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Unfortunately for Pearson and the team like most clubs there is a vocal part of the support who are not very patient.

I think this rebuild will take a few transfer windows to truly shape this new team, hopefully patience and time is afforded to Pearson but also we show enough improvement to keep the fans largely onside.

This summer is massive in my opinion and Nige should push for as many changes as he can. Leave no stone unturned. 

Before the pandemic stopped us going to games, the great majority at Ashton Gate hardly made any noise against LJ. He got away with two years of shite home form whereas others before him got slaughtered if we lost a couple of home games in a row.

We should afford NP some leeway during the early part of next season as he begins to build a football team from the dregs that he inherited.

On 08/05/2021 at 10:14, Numero Uno said:

Plenty of staff and player changes confirmed. That’s twice he has been damning of poor fitness levels.

......for his regular critics, how much responsibility do you want him to take?

Yes indeed. As I recall it was Graham C, correct me if wrong, who argued that NP's earlier press conference made it unequivocal that coaches would not be changed. I argued it was not quite so unequivocal and I think my comments are hereby vindicated. NP used the word support staff which could mean absolutely anybody.

It encourages me further that he said this because it gives us a further peak into his plans.

Consider also of course that by criticising fitness levels he is directly criticising coaches.... Unless I am naive and coaches have nothing to do with a player's fitness!

6 hours ago, Rob k said:

Sorry to be annoying but It's "too cross" not "to cross". 

No offence intended, I just feel that it's important to highlight these things.

Lee Johnson played the squad like a FIFA video game and lacked the vision or authority to mould a strong TEAM. 

Throw in his Roy of the Rovers tactics and substitutions and it is clear to see why we are in a mess.

I am not solely blaming LJ as someone should have put the brakes on . He lacked that experienced head who could say ‘ no ‘ or ‘ enough ‘. 

Uncle Steve wasn’t that man and he was  ‘ bluffed ‘ by Ashton  too. 

the mueller report see GIF

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Before the pandemic stopped us going to games, the great majority at Ashton Gate hardly made any noise against LJ. He got away with two years of shite home form whereas others before him got slaughtered if we lost a couple of home games in a row.

We should afford NP some leeway during the early part of next season as he begins to build a football team from the dregs that he inherited.

I agree but our fans won't. If we get off to a bad start or form hasn't improved much, there will be some fans calling for him to go by October/November. Once the completely valid 'excuse' of not having a transfer window has gone lots of our support will be far less forgiving as many are very short-termist. 

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree but our fans won't. If we get off to a bad start or form hasn't improved much, there will be some fans calling for him to go by October/November. Once the completely valid 'excuse' of not having a transfer window has gone lots of our support will be far less forgiving as many are very short-termist. 

Absolutely and for that attitude we get the club we totally deserve. We also have a “nice” Owner who only wants to be surrounded by nice people, total ******* fraudulent bullshitters like Teflon who speak very eloquently and nicely indeed to him. As long as we can find players and managers who have the ability to give us false hope in the short term everyone seems happy in these parts. When it goes pear shaped just sack and repeat.

We now have a Manager in who needs and wants to rip it up, start again, build real foundations etc. but that takes time and the natives are restless before he’s even begun the job........yet wonder why we support a joke, laughing stock football club that will be forever thus if we don’t allow someone to do a proper job.

We are the football club that pays one lot of serial blaggers £20k in two months to do our kitchen extension and another lot £20k in another two months to put the total **** up right after a real builder had quoted us £35k to do the job properly in three months ............

Archived