IGNORED

Jon Stead - 700 games today

Lanterne Rouge

Jon Stead made his 700th career appearance for Harrogate at Cheltenham today. He was subbed with about ten minutes to go and was applauded off the pitch by both sets of players and staff. It looks like he might finally retire now!

Congratulations to a player who I always enjoyed watching play for us and who is by all accounts a thoroughly nice bloke and a complete professional. Not the most talented player I`ve ever seen but you always got 100% from him.

Top man Steady, enjoy your retirement.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Jon Stead made his 700th career appearance for Harrogate at Cheltenham today. He was subbed with about ten minutes to go and was applauded off the pitch by both sets of players and staff. It looks like he might finally retire now!

Congratulations to a player who I always enjoyed watching play for us and who is by all accounts a thoroughly nice bloke and a complete professional. Not the most talented player I`ve ever seen but you always got 100% from him.

Top man Steady, enjoy your retirement.

We wouldn’t be in the shit we’re in if we had a squad with his attitude . Always gave 100% 

likes a thatchers as well. Great career . Hope he stays in the game 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We wouldn’t be in the shit we’re in if we had a squad with his attitude . Always gave 100% 

likes a thatchers as well. Great career . Hope he stays in the game 

The statement above pretty much confirms he will be in some capacity. It would be nice if Sky got him in for some of the play off stuff too.

Archived