IGNORED

Louis Britton

Bainsey

Thought he deserves his own thread. I'm absolutely delighted for the lad to get some minutes and get on the scoresheet today.

I especially liked how immediately after scoring he was barging Brentford players out of the way to try and get the ball back to the centre circle as soon as possible. Desire, physicality and teamwork on show - exactly what we need more of for next season.

Excited to see how he develops. 

I actually celebrated the goal despite us having lost.

Initially I thought he'd underhit it but it was nicely tucked under the keeper. 

Britton and Conway have embarrassed Wells and Diedhiou this season by making being competitive in th Championship look straightforward. 

My only misgiving about LB is he doesn't look like a natural runner by any stretch. 

He does though give us the physicality that we lack.

I was really pleased for him.

Was really worried that he was going to get sent off, the Brentford CB clearly didn’t fancy facing him & had already faked one injury to get him booked.

He did very well, won a lot in the air & is clearly a very different type of striker to all the other young academy lads.

Good luck to him, let’s hope he works on his stamina over the close season & gives Nige something to think about in August.

Someone who’ll remain nameless said a few weeks back that (paraphrased) he only looks good for the u23s because he’s big….and that you need more about you to play professional / Championship football.

Its only 20 minutes, but there is justification is just “waiting and seeing what happens” before judging.

How many times are we so keen to write players off.

Not saying Britton is gonna have a stellar career….but at least see him 4/5/6 times in a City shirt before reaching your first judgement.

I still like Conway more though…..???

Just now, Davefevs said:

Someone who’ll remain nameless said a few weeks back that (paraphrased) he only looks good for the u23s because he’s big….and that you need more about you to play professional / Championship football.

Its only 20 minutes, but there is justification is just “waiting and seeing what happens” before judging.

Not saying Britton is gonna have a stellar career….but at least see him 4/5/6 times in a City shirt before reaching your first judgement.

Poster is a clown 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remember reading that,bloody clueless ?

I like what I've seen of him this season. I think we should try for a L1 loan next season, at least a couple of months.

We have a good blend of young strikers, they all offer something different.

Said it elsewhere - in 20 minutes or so he left two Brentford players on their arse, got a booking after a rough challenge, won a few headers, and scored a goal. I like his aggression and his directness and and he seamlessly stepped from the U-23s into the Championship against a very good team and they didn't like him.

Only 20 minutes but as good a debut as I've seen - a full pre-season with the first team may pay dividends. 

53 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

Thought he deserves his own thread. I'm absolutely delighted for the lad to get some minutes and get on the scoresheet today.

I especially liked how immediately after scoring he was barging Brentford players out of the way to try and get the ball back to the centre circle as soon as possible. Desire, physicality and teamwork on show - exactly what we need more of for next season.

Excited to see how he develops. 

Talks about wearing the shirt with pride..

Take a bow Louis,,you certainly did.

Passion,guts, commitment & pride.

He couldn't stop smiling during his interview - so heartwarming.

Was I the only one to feel emotional listening to that interview?

Please don't send him out on loan!

Britton falls into a tricky list of players where it’s hard to know what’s best to do with them, get them a good loan and lots of minutes or keep them with us, improving our squad and being coached just as we/Nige wants. It’s a good conundrum to have, and a mark of their undoubted talent. I’d say this applies to Scott, Britton, Bell, maybe Owura. Take it as a given that Han, Ty and Antoine certainly won’t be out on loan!

47 minutes ago, mozo said:

My only misgiving about LB is he doesn't look like a natural runner by any stretch. 

He does though give us the physicality that we lack.

Modern day Robbie Turner......just need Conway or Bell to bulk up and be our Bob Taylor 

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That might have been me but I did also say that he is young and can easily improve.  Wouldn’t say I wrote him off!  Maybe it was someone else though that you are referring too 

On the occasions I’ve seen him his strengths but also his weaknesses have been obvious.  As I say, still time.  I’m a massive advocate of NOT writing youngsters off. 

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Wonder who will go out on loan/sold out of the young forwards. Seems like imo Conway, Bell, Britton and Janneh are fighting for that 5th Striking position say if we go into next season with; New Striker, Wells, Martin, Weimann, one of them 

Tricky decisions to make on the strikers. Conway, Britton, Janneh and Bell who was very unlucky to get more game time. I didn't actually watch the game today, but going off what has been said it sounds promising. Pearson said yes to the question of playing in the team next season so I'm guessing it will be Conway and Britton so far and Bell and Janneh out on loan. 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

That might have been me but I did also say that he is young and can easily improve.  Wouldn’t say I wrote him off!  Maybe it was someone else though that you are referring too 

On the occasions I’ve seen him his strengths but also his weaknesses have been obvious.  As I say, still time.  I’m a massive advocate of NOT writing youngsters off. 

I was using it as an example of OTIB (not you - I know you back the young’uns / development) and it’s need to judge and define a player the first time it sees them play, especially young players.

I don’t get it.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was using it as an example of OTIB (not you - I know you back the young’uns / development) and it’s need to judge and define a player the first time it sees them play, especially young players.

I don’t get it.

Often the ones who say it are the same ones who want SL to get his chequebook out at every opportunity and spunk millions on the likes of Bannan, Rhodes or Assombalonga.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t get it.

For me, if we were league one with a 24 man squad made up of 15 players from the academy I would be more happy, and go to more games, than if we were top end champ/lower end Prem.

Most enjoyable game this season was the under 23s v Taunton away.  Got no interest in becoming a WBA or Newcastle type club 

This lad has potential. He's not worried about the Brentfords and played his own game ie get stuck in, shake em up a bit, go for goals. When his season ends, give him some weeks off to recover but get him back early for the 2 x exEngland coaches to work on him. That's his speed, his positional play and skill st putting the ball in the net. Should be ready for the new season then.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder what level he will be loaned to next season. Could not get in Stockport's side earlier in the season in the National League. But he might have improved a bit since then.

I think the Stockport thing was more down to Gannon playing his favourites even though they weren`t performing.

Archived