IGNORED

Louis Britton

Bainsey

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder what level he will be loaned to next season. Could not get in Stockport's side earlier in the season in the National League. But he might have improved a bit since then.

Tinnion has a great record for loaning out young players but I think he misjudged that particular loan. I don't think any of our players will be headed there in the future. I'd say, just from what I've learned on here and elsewhere, his lack of game time wasn't a reflection on him, more a reflection on the Stockport management.

I would think that two of Britton, Conway, and Bell are loaned out - depends entirely on their pre-seasons I would think.

3 hours ago, Bainsey said:

Thought he deserves his own thread. I'm absolutely delighted for the lad to get some minutes and get on the scoresheet today.

I especially liked how immediately after scoring he was barging Brentford players out of the way to try and get the ball back to the centre circle as soon as possible. Desire, physicality and teamwork on show - exactly what we need more of for next season.

Excited to see how he develops. 

So why are a few on here saying to loan him out. Give him a few weeks off then back early and let the coaches work on him and get him ready for the new season with the first team.

I think the nicest thing today about LB is in his interview he says that he told Scott to play it up to Baker for the knockdown; and he would be in the right place.

Whether that is the truth or not, he certainly read that the knockdown was coming, and finished well.

He may have a lot to learn (he concedes that); but he looks and sounds like a striker.

The goal today was at odds with Semenyeo's two goals off his ass, due to chasing down the keeper; and demonstrates the difference in mentality between the two of them.

Refreshing stuff from Conway, and Britton isn't it. It's been a long time since we have forwards from the academy that have made an input in the first team.

Fingers crossed that they will get some opportunities next season.

P.s like a number of the others, we need to get LB signed up on a longer contract before we lose him next summer for a pittance.

34 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

So why are a few on here saying to loan him out. Give him a few weeks off then back early and let the coaches work on him and get him ready for the new season with the first team.

Give him a full preseason and by all means keep him around the squad if he can play a major part next season but more realistically he has yet to consistently perform above lower non league level, better to allow him to develop and get meaningful game time at a good standard, one goal for the first team doesn't change that. 

Remember Freddie Hinds? 

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Said it elsewhere - in 20 minutes or so he left two Brentford players on their arse, got a booking after a rough challenge, won a few headers, and scored a goal. I like his aggression and his directness and and he seamlessly stepped from the U-23s into the Championship against a very good team and they didn't like him.

Only 20 minutes but as good a debut as I've seen - a full pre-season with the first team may pay dividends. 

They don't like it up 'em, apparently.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I wonder what level he will be loaned to next season. Could not get in Stockport's side earlier in the season in the National League. But he might have improved a bit since then.

16 in 16 since he’s come back will have made a couple of league 2 sides interest pick up would have thought 

Interestingly, NP said in his post-match interview that 'We know what he can't do very well....'.

Does anybody know to what he was referring?

An apparent lack of pace or something else?

More importantly, is it something that can be improved with proper coaching?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interestingly, NP said in his post-match interview that 'We know what he can't do very well....'.

Does anybody know to what he was referring?

An apparent lack of pace or something else?

More importantly, is it something that can be improved with proper coaching?

Pearson does have a habit of unnecessarily alluding to negatives!

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Said it elsewhere - in 20 minutes or so he left two Brentford players on their arse, got a booking after a rough challenge, won a few headers, and scored a goal. I like his aggression and his directness and and he seamlessly stepped from the U-23s into the Championship against a very good team and they didn't like him.

Only 20 minutes but as good a debut as I've seen - a full pre-season with the first team may pay dividends. 

A full pre-season with our first team is the last thing he needs.

Pleased he scored, like many of the youngsters, though, I think we shouldn't confuse them getting minutes due to our (cough) unusual situation with them being first team ready. I would imagine a loan is the way forward. Well played, lad.

14 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1391049217242763265?s=20

Things you love to hear . Go on Louis lad

Loved watching that and seeing him show the pride that’s been missing.

If he spends the summer filling out, to add to the knack of being in the right place at the right time, he should stay here next year and get opportunities.

I think we need to balance our desire to see young academy players breaking into the first team with what's best for the development of the players in question. Britton clearly knows where the net is and is physically up to playing against championship defences, but he's had about 15 minutes of league football in his entire career, so unless he develops over the summer to the point that he's a starter or first option off the bench, we'd be better getting him the right loan move to play. Britton has a lot of rough edges to knock off his game from the little I've seen, better for him to do that in L1 or L2 (as long as it's the right environment) than warming the bench for us. Same for Conway and Janneh (though I'd say their games are more developed- that's not to say they'll end up the better players!).

Same goes for all the kids; we need to do what's best for their long-term development and sometimes that will mean loaning a player out to play big minutes even if they could make an impact off the bench for us

14 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I think we need to balance our desire to see young academy players breaking into the first team with what's best for the development of the players in question. 

Same goes for all the kids; we need to do what's best for their long-term development and sometimes that will mean loaning a player out to play big minutes even if they could make an impact off the bench for us

+1

Of all of them I think two are ready. Alex Scott who seems to have it all and will only get better and Tommy Conway who`s desire and will to win will take him a long way. Both need to work on their fitness (Conway particularly but fading out at the end of games is a result of the way he plays) and get a bit stronger and more streetwise. I think they are both ready for the first team squad and with decent pre-seasons could be very important next season.

Whichever way you slice it, it`s great to see the youngsters coming through and doing well.

I much prefer seeing young players with hunger and desire than persisting with ineffective players who don’t want to be here. We’ve wasted the shirt on players like Fam in my opinion. Imagine if we’d have gone down playing Fam when we could’ve had some passion and fight?

Maybe Chris Martin can coach Louis Britton and they can split games 60/30 or something? We need to change our mentality to one of pride in the shirt above all else. Every player who starts has to have this. If you are a better player than Conway/Britton that’s great but if you don’t have the desire then you won’t start above them. The mentality has to be the starting point. The ability/fitness we can build on.

What Fam and others have done is absolutely criminal and should never be allowed to happen again. A team of fans would fight for it. They might not get the results but we didn’t get the results anyway so what does it matter? If we have to get relegated to change our mindset then so be it.

7 hours ago, Dodgy_Giefer said:

I much prefer seeing young players with hunger and desire than persisting with ineffective players who don’t want to be here. We’ve wasted the shirt on players like Fam in my opinion. Imagine if we’d have gone down playing Fam when we could’ve had some passion and fight?

Maybe Chris Martin can coach Louis Britton and they can split games 60/30 or something? We need to change our mentality to one of pride in the shirt above all else. Every player who starts has to have this. If you are a better player than Conway/Britton that’s great but if you don’t have the desire then you won’t start above them. The mentality has to be the starting point. The ability/fitness we can build on.

What Fam and others have done is absolutely criminal and should never be allowed to happen again. A team of fans would fight for it. They might not get the results but we didn’t get the results anyway so what does it matter? If we have to get relegated to change our mindset then so be it.

Think several other posters have said that we should be signing those players hungry to play at the next level, and in many cases those might be ones from PL clubs deemed not good enough, but want to prove them wrong, or ones who just want the opportunity.  Whether that will manifest with some Leicester connections I don’t know, but it’s the kind of approach I like.

I remember seeing Keiran Tripper at Burnley, had a couple of loans, then signed permanently from Man City.  I really liked his hunger.  He went backwards to go forwards….that’s the kind of player I’d like to see coming in.

2 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Reminds me a bit of Jon Stead in build, if he was half as good he'd have a good career 

Stead was a trier and a popular figure, but hardly a prolific scorer, and certainly not at Championship level.

20 goals in 3 seasons for City.

Britton appears to have Stead's assets - enthusiasm, determination, and a battling style that makes him a crowd pleaser - but the big plus he has on Stead is he's a natural goal scorer.

Let's hope he has the opportunity next season to show whether he can score regularly for City in the Championship.

I really enjoyed his performance yesterday. Especially the little elbow he gave the centre half.

I think we have to think what would be best for his development. Training with the first team and being in the squad occasionally getting a few minutes here and there. Or a loan to league 1/2 where he gets to play most weeks and developing that way.

He looks like a natural goal scorer and has some physicality about him. It’s interesting that he has been the final player of 9 that have been played from the academy so internally they seem to think he’s not ready. However he took his opportunity yesterday.

In short, I haven’t got a clue what’s best but will trust Tinnion and Pearson to get it right.

25 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I really enjoyed his performance yesterday. Especially the little elbow he gave the centre half.

I think we have to think what would be best for his development. Training with the first team and being in the squad occasionally getting a few minutes here and there. Or a loan to league 1/2 where he gets to play most weeks and developing that way.

He looks like a natural goal scorer and has some physicality about him. It’s interesting that he has been the final player of 9 that have been played from the academy so internally they seem to think he’s not ready. However he took his opportunity yesterday.

In short, I haven’t got a clue what’s best but will trust Tinnion and Pearson to get it right.

Think the CB headed his elbow, because he bottled the header.

As for the final player of 9, yes, he had to be patient, but both him and Conway were on loan when Bell started training with first team, so you never know had he still been here last autumn.

Think he’s behind development wise because he’s late to the Academy, only joining from Mangotsfield in April 2019…so playing catch-up.

11 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

What sort of player is he? A Lee Gregory type? Someone said he's like Robbie Turner but Turner wouldn't of scored a goal like that. I hope the lad does well how long have we waited for a homegrown centre forward.

Got a bit of Joe Garner in him…..but from u23 goals looks like he finishes well off either foot and head.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think the CB headed his elbow, because he bottled the header.

As for the final player of 9, yes, he had to be patient, but both him and Conway were on loan when Bell started training with first team, so you never know had he still been here last autumn.

Think he’s behind development wise because he’s late to the Academy, only joining from Mangotsfield in April 2019…so playing catch-up.

Got a bit of Joe Garner in him…..but from u23 goals looks like he finishes well off either foot and head.

Thanks dave, gives me a bit off insight, could we have a couple of strikers within that we won't need to pay for in Conway and Bell?

Archived