IGNORED

Louis Britton

Bainsey

Noticed when watching the highlights that it was petulant sulky Swede Jansson who wouldn''t let Louis have the ball back, after he had scored.  Jansson has a history of being an awkward sod, being the only Leeds player who defied his managers orders and tried to stop Villa scoring, after Bielsa told his side to let Villa     walk in an equaliser. It had a City connection, with Kodja getting the head injury and Albert Adomah getting the walk in equaliser.   Bielsa got rid of Jansson, as he thought he was a bad influence    whom he couldn't trust, and was not a team player.  If Brentford go up, i'd like to be watching when they play Leeds? Ha!

On 08/05/2021 at 22:13, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interestingly, NP said in his post-match interview that 'We know what he can't do very well....'.

Does anybody know to what he was referring?

An apparent lack of pace or something else?

More importantly, is it something that can be improved with proper coaching?

He may not track back to help out the midfield a lot, but then, neither did Shaun Goater.

If he develops the Goat's knack of being in the right place at the right time, we'll all be very happy.

Louis has a great record for scoring goals at U23 level.  If that develops on to a similar record at senior level, he'll be some player.

However, we know not all promising youth players become successful first team players. 

I have trust in Tinnion and Pearson to do the right thing for this kid's career.

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I remember seeing Keiran Tripper at Burnley, had a couple of loans, then signed permanently from Man City.  I really liked his hunger.  He went backwards to go forwards….that’s the kind of player I’d like to see coming in.

Ben Mee did exactly the same too. 

Man City - loans to Leicester and Burnley - signs permanently for Burnley and hasn't looked back. 

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think the CB headed his elbow, because he bottled the header.

Got a bit of Joe Garner in him…..but from u23 goals looks like he finishes well off either foot and head.

Reminds me a lot of Kyle Lafferty, tall, strong in the air but also a goal threat.

Lafferty has had a mad career, played all over Europe in some weird & wonderful leagues, but you don’t score 20 goals in international football in Europe unless you have something going for you.

On 08/05/2021 at 11:36, Taunton_BCFC said:

Yep, we need to give this lad a chance! No loaning out! Start him!! 

He made that shiftiest worth watching. The boy already has cult statue. Comes on clatters a couple of their players and gets a goal and looks like he wants to play for us! Cheered me up!!

Doesn't he have just one year left on his  contract with bigger clubs sniffing around him.  Can't see the sense in loaning him to a league one club. He's gone around a few clubs before signing for us,  we need to get him involved in the first team squad and how he signs a contract as he is the most promising of our youngsters ATM

He reminds me of Charlie Austin. 

Lacks a touch of pace but a natural finisher and decent physique - tall but a much more rounded game than just a target man, tough but got technique and also has a good old fashioned centre forward's arse on him.

Not sure if he's Champ ready just yet but there's something there, for sure.

6 hours ago, maxjak said:

Noticed when watching the highlights that it was petulant sulky Swede Jansson who wouldn''t let Louis have the ball back, after he had scored.  Jansson has a history of being an awkward sod, being the only Leeds player who defied his managers orders and tried to stop Villa scoring, after Bielsa told his side to let Villa     walk in an equaliser. It had a City connection, with Kodja getting the head injury and Albert Adomah getting the walk in equaliser.   Bielsa got rid of Jansson, as he thought he was a bad influence    whom he couldn't trust, and was not a team player.  If Brentford go up, i'd like to be watching when they play Leeds? Ha!

If I recall correctly, it was PJ who got booked for kicking the ball over the Atyeo a few years ago when we won 1-0.

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Doesn't he have just one year left on his  contract with bigger clubs sniffing around him.  Can't see the sense in loaning him to a league one club. He's gone around a few clubs before signing for us,  we need to get him involved in the first team squad and how he signs a contract as he is the most promising of our youngsters ATM

100% agreed. 
He’s got 1 year left and, as far as I had heard, it wasn’t a nail on that he’d extend. 
I’d hope that, if he can be in the 1st team squad for 15 games or so next season then it might be more likely he’d agree to extend. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought it was the club triggering the year option. I never hear of it being the player that chooses

It was according to OS.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/contract-options-for-young-robins/

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

100% agreed. 
He’s got 1 year left and, as far as I had heard, it wasn’t a nail on that he’d extend. 
I’d hope that, if he can be in the 1st team squad for 15 games or so next season then it might be more likely he’d agree to extend. 

There was alleged interest from Wolves and West Brom, but I suspect we had to give a decision by 31st March, which we did.  But football moves at pace, he’s now played, scored as well giving a very, very early indication he might be able to mix it too…so I’d expect the club to be sitting down this summer and negotiating a longer deal.  To leave it into next season is the kind of contracting strategy that has got us into the mess we see this summer.

We must decide (ruthlessly where necessary) that there’s a player you want to keep you need to renew proactively and regularly.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I thought it was the club triggering the year option. I never hear of it being the player that chooses

Yep. He’s now in his last year, ie next season. That’s what I mean, he would’ve been unlikely to extend after June 2022. But if he’s around the first team next season he may well be more inclined to stay. 

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. He’s now in his last year, ie next season. That’s what I mean, he would’ve been unlikely to extend after June 2022. But if he’s around the first team next season he may well be more inclined to stay. 

What’s your opinion of the guy? You may have said it elsewhere but just got back from work. As others have said knows where the net is & physicality. But to me he has fight & desire as well, I’d have in our 1st team squad learning from Martin as I think others have said, read somewhere he is 6’4” is that right?

9 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

What’s your opinion of the guy? You may have said it elsewhere but just got back from work. As others have said knows where the net is & physicality. But to me he has fight & desire as well, I’d have in our 1st team squad learning from Martin as I think others have said, read somewhere he is 6’4” is that right?

Don’t think he’s that tall. 6’1” maybe 6’2”. Guessing though.

On 08/05/2021 at 20:13, WECANDO said:

This lad has potential. He's not worried about the Brentfords and played his own game ie get stuck in, shake em up a bit, go for goals. When his season ends, give him some weeks off to recover but get him back early for the 2 x exEngland coaches to work on him. That's his speed, his positional play and skill st putting the ball in the net. Should be ready for the new season then.

Yes just needs a couple of decent coaches to help him out .

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t think he’s that tall. 6’1” maybe 6’2”. Guessing though.

No idea read somewhere over the weekend according to transfermark he is 1.92 m is that 6’4”? know I’ve seen it somewhere 

Wiki saying he’s 6’4”

1 minute ago, spudski said:

From what I've watched of him, he reminds me a little of Robbie Turner and Milan Duric.

The latter won promotion to Serie last night.

Was never as bad as people made out either i didn’t think 

47 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Was never as bad as people made out either i didn’t think 

I thought he was a decent player... obviously struggled with injury but put it about and troubled and unsettled defenders.

He's not a goal machine, but I'd rather have that style of player and made it difficult, allowing others to contribute than how we play with Fam.

5 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Duric's first touch and ability to bring others  into play was light years ahead of Fam,not to say Fam doesn't have other strengths.

I remember when we played Cardiff at home a few seasons ago and Sol Bamba couldn't handle him. Not sure he won any duel they had.

9 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I remember when we played Cardiff at home a few seasons ago and Sol Bamba couldn't handle him. Not sure he won any duel they had.

Remember that so well….Bamba was a beast too, never seen anyone boss him like Djuric did.

Great to see Bamba playing at the weekend.

Archived