IGNORED

Kalas

sh1t_ref_again

Not seen much mentioned as to reasons why Kalas not even in squad today. He has been very poor recently and also wonder some of the NP comments on lack of communication and other errors could of been aimed at him. Can be a good defender, but do not see him a a captain

could he be on way out or total no story

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not seen much mentioned as to reasons why Kalas not even in squad today. He has been very poor recently and also wonder some of the NP comments on lack of communication and other errors could of been aimed at him. Can be a good defender, but do not see him a a captain

Rested for Euro’s is my guess.

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Mentally gone I think. He'll be back next season...hopefully.

I’m fully prepared to believe that as NP said, he needed a rest and that’s all there is to it today.

However.

Seasons like we’ve just had take it out of you as a player mentally. When DH was in charge I commented as to how the way we played had to be psychologically soul destroying for a defender and TK made a similar point one post match.

I like TK - but he is a saleable asset, and any player would be looking at us after this season and thinking “can I do that again?”. Generally, it’s tough to go again after the scars of this season without a change of scenery.

NP has mentioned we need to be inventive in the market. I wonder if this will fall into that category

Just now, Desso said:

Mentally gone I think. He'll be back next season...hopefully.

Ye agree as captain IMO he has taken it personally and has blamed himself over the season. Also IMO he shouldn’t be our captain next season and I expect him to do better. Tomas Kalas is a very good championship defender 

A season like that for a proud man, club captain, and international centre-half will take its toll.

Physically - yes, he has been through it.

Mentally - very much so. Was not happy after the first game of the season and looked by the last few games like he could not quite believe how he ended up chasing Tom Bradshaw around like he was Romario.

Would not be surprised if he snapped and be interesting to see what happens next.

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m fully prepared to believe that as NP said, he needed a rest and that’s all there is to it today.

However.

Seasons like we’ve just had take it out of you as a player mentally. When DH was in charge I commented as to how the way we played had to be psychologically soul destroying for a defender and TK made a similar point one post match.

I like TK - but he is a saleable asset, and any player would be looking at us after this season and thinking “can I do that again?”. Generally, it’s tough to go again after the scars of this season without a change of scenery.

NP has mentioned we need to be inventive in the market. I wonder if this will fall into that category

Have to agree, if you think a season like that is hard for a fan, it’s certainly no easier for a player. 

If this is a true rumour and Kalas wants out or Big Nige wants him out then he’s another one who can be added to the “don’t let the door bang your arse on the way out” list. If it’s bollocks or he’s prepared to stay and get his head down then that’s also fine.

One thing I do know is that based on what the players have “given” us this season I will be backing the Manager’s decision on every last one of them.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If this is a true rumour and Kalas wants out or Big Nige wants him out then he’s another one who can be added to the “don’t let the door bang your arse on the way out” list. If it’s bollocks or he’s prepared to stay and get his head down then that’s also fine.

One thing I do know is that based on what the players have “given” us this season I will be backing the Manager’s decision on every last one of them.

There’s enough “ITK” on here, so I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough what’s happened?

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

There’s enough “ITK” on here, so I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough what’s happened?

Correct. Might be true or not. All I’m saying is whoever is deemed surplus to requirements for whatever reason it might be will not be getting any sympathy from me. Goes for every single player in the squad. If Nige says they’ve gotta go or the player wants to go then on yer bike lad........

Been mentioned before good defender, but works best alongside a monster like Baker for example.  Was he also not another record sort of signing so unless we recoup a large chunk of that cannot see him leaving. 
I would hope he has been given a break and we get him back after the Euros in tip top order.  

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Interesting if true. I rate him as a player, but I like Pearson's principles in treating everyone the same. Not that I have a clue whether he deserved to be sent home or not!

I’m guessing but if the rumours are true he confronted NP then I do wonder if nige did it on purpose to get a reaction . There’s no doubt Kalas cares about the club & his career . We all saw that in the interview after the Barnsley game. He never shows it during a game though. Everyone’s different I get that . Just a theory 

31 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Probably gone in the summer. Should have been a modern day City legend in the mound of Tinnion where ability and club stature come together but not to be after the season we have had 

Don’t think things are that black & white . I see it as a good thing . I want old school punches thrown in dressing rooms & the training ground if things are going to shit. It shows they care . Rather that than the passive bollocks served up lately. 

I think he's the only player in our squad who's been part of a team promoted from the Championship so we def need to keep him. He's suffered this season trying to cover the mistakes of his colleagues and is mentally shot but I expect him to recover and with better players alongside next season his form will return to the way it was previously, although we need to give the captaincy to someone else.

Pearson confirmed he was left out today, not rested.

He was really poor last week (not unique in that) & so in truth I wasn’t surprised.

Big decision for him in the summer, Pearson has said a few times that he needs to know who is on the journey, those out of contract are easy to sort, but those like Kalas who aren’t, have to either sign up to what Pearson wants or go.

At his best he’s a good player (no captain) so this one isn’t as obvious as it seems.

It we decide to sell that will be tough too, he has just had a mediocre season & is on big money by Championship standards.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Well Nige said in the week he wants more equality in players pay, for players to be in the same area earning wise.

Kalas sold would free up wages and add some millions to the transfer kitty. So like Nige also was talking about in midweek - selling players can be a positive in allowing you to strengthen. Not the exact words, but something like that!

From a starting point as where we are now , you’d love to bring someone in of Kalas quality. However at £8m signing and reportedly on £22k per week , he’s not earning his coin. He’s a good player yes but he’s not a leader or organiser of a back 4 you’d want for that money . He needs a leader alongside him. With better financial prudence , you might be able to bring two players in on those wages combined for the same quality . Trouble is , who would match his wages , plus we’d take a massive hit on his transfer fee 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He was out injured and didnt get back in the Fulham team much when he returned from what I rememberer. 

Odoi and Ream played centre backs. They were absolutely class though to be fair

He also played 43 games for Boro when they were promoted in 15/16

Archived