IGNORED

Kalas

sh1t_ref_again

10 hours ago, Fuber said:

Where did Lansbury get promoted? 

If we're judging by getting the medal based on appearances over the course of the season. 

I dont count Villa. Season they went up, he played three (yes, 3) games. And was routinely shunted to train with the U23s due to attitude under Smith.

Baker was relegated with Villa. Never promoted however. 

Palmer, at Hudds, correct.

Simpson - Twice promoted with Newcastle and QPR. 

Mapps, unless I'm mistaken, has been relegated twice from PL, but never promoted when actually in a squad.

Sessognon scrapes it with 14 appearances in 19-20. No technically about it.

In terms of players experiencing, or being apart of a team being promoted at any level, it's Bentley (Southend, L2), Kalas (Middlesbrough, CH, Fulham, CH), Hunt (Huddersfield, L1), Wells (Bradford, L2, Huddersfield, CH), Martin (Norwich, CH), Walsh (Coventry, L1), Watkins (Barnsley, L1), Rowe (Stockport, L2, Peterboro, L1), and I believe that's it.

So in summary, in terms of experience of promotion from this level, it's Palmer, Kalas, Wells, Martin. 

Lansbury went up with West Ham I believe, you could also argue someone being in a squad knows what it takes even if they didn’t physically play.

Baker I’m wrong, though he didn’t come down with them either he was with us the season they got relegated?

Maps again like Lansbury at Villa was in and around that Watford squad that got promoted in his first season even if only made a few appearances.

10 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Baker wasn't involved in any Villa promotion but he did play quite a few games in the Prem for them. Palmer made 24 appearances for Huddersfield when they got promoted, Mariappa played in 3 games for Watford in their 05/06 promotion, Sessignon's not our player and you're thinking of Ryan not Steven, Simpson's never played in a Championship promotion team, Lansbury made 10 appearances for Villa at the start of their promotion season.

I was wrong about Baker, but you’re wrong here.

Steven sessignon made 14 appearances last season for Fulham. Not thinking of Ryan.

Danny Simpson won the league with Newcastle and promoted with QPR.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Does Kalas have to be a leader though? Couldn’t he play alongside a leader?

I thought Flint was destined to be captain for us but he didn’t want it, wanted to focus on his game and not everything else going on. Maybe Kalas should try this as he was much better last season without the pressure of the armband.

Wes Morgan alongside Kalas wouldn’t be the worse pairing in the world and Kalas could learn a lot from him.

Baker I wouldn’t offer a contract, Vyner is not top half championship quality, neither is Moore. Mariappa was only a short term fix. The only way I can see Kalas leaving is if Celtic sell the centre back they have who has been linked to the premier league and they see Kalas as an alternative. Other than that he isn’t going to move to the premier league and a championship club are unlikely to be able to afford him after the last 12 months or so.

Wes Morgan starting for us next season would be diabolical.

He’s 37 and played 16 minutes of league football this season and hasn’t played since Xmas due to injury.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So possibly a bit of embellishment about what happened then.

I would suspect so yes.

As i said, no idea what happened inside the training facility afterwards can only confirm what happened on the training pitch.

As usual all things usually get blown out of proportion. Expect to see Kalas released next week (:laugh:)

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just wandering around Twitter. 
This maybe true, maybe not, but I thought I'd pass it on. 

1271570996_Screenshot2021-05-09at15_36_53.png.a95efd4367da01351731d3ef311c989f.png

830965634_Screenshot2021-05-09at15_37_10.png.7f7a29c84381496a5bc2cfc0919c0030.png

Sorry if it's ben posted before.

That account makes Roy DeAlien look ITK

On 08/05/2021 at 18:08, JonDolman said:

I actually think he has been like a one man defence at times this season. Earlier in the season he was consistently brilliant imo. The final part of it he made some bad errors. I think he will be back next season alongside one centre back in a back 4. I think we need a minimum of 2 new centre backs in the summer. 

64 blocked shots. Highest in the league. 

1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

I don't claim to be ITK etc but i can 100% confirm that Kalas went in two footed on Naki Wells at training on Thursday. Words exchanged with NP who was not best pleased to put it mildly. However there was no standup row etc with him. Kalas did carry on with the training session and went inside after with the rest of the players so no issue after the event. Obviously dont know what went on inside if at all anything.

This was from somebody who watched the training session.

Also Semenyo was the most impressive in training and was out on the pitch aftre the others went in working on his shooting. So unsure how he was carrying an injury unless they trained Friday as well.

Correct.

Tbh if I regaled some of the training ground incidents at Failand from the past few years I expect a few would be shocked, I can think of one very "physical" incident that I've never seen talked about publically. 

Nige's training sessions, like Gary Johnsons, are renowned for their intensity, so I don't see this as a bad thing. 

Nige will be learning a lot about who's got the minerals, who wants it....all good ?

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That account makes Roy DeAlien look ITK

The fact this probably happens every couple of months on multiple training grounds up and down the country show that account is probably full of shit. Its not like working in an office and someone puts in a double footed challenge.

I can remember a Crouch podcasts where they discuss the fact you can't get a red card in training and he said something like everything comes out on the training ground - I would imagine if you haven't put in 100% in your previous game you can expect a pretty rough week in training.

Players should have high standards of each other, at the moment I think we can all agree standards have hit rock bottom, if there weren't some pissed off players I would be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

The fact this probably happens every couple of months on multiple training grounds up and down the country show that account is probably full of shit. Its not like working in an office and someone puts in a double footed challenge.

I can remember a Crouch podcasts where they discuss the fact you can't get a red card in training and he said something like everything comes out on the training ground - I would imagine if you haven't put in 100% in your previous game you can expect a pretty rough week in training.

Players should have high standards of each other, at the moment I think we can all agree standards have hit rock bottom, if there weren't some pissed off players I would be disappointed. 

Can’t beat a two footer in the Office Print Room followed by a 16 man brawl.....

A certain Ryan Fredericks, a competent, classy full back currently playing for West Ham in the Premier League, left us shortly after joining due (allegedly) to a training ground confrontation.

Another full back, something of a cult hero at Ashton Gate to be fair but, again allegedly, involved in the same training ground incident, currently 'plays' for our blue friends across the river. 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I was wrong about Baker, but you’re wrong here.

Steven sessignon made 14 appearances last season for Fulham. Not thinking of Ryan.

Danny Simpson won the league with Newcastle and promoted with QPR.

I was wrong about Simpson, although he's only on a short term deal and I'm not sure he'll be with us next season. Sess did start 9 games for Fulham when they went up but he wasn't a key player in the squad, and he's not our player anyway. Kalas is the only contracted player we've got with promotion experience in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A certain Ryan Fredericks, a competent, classy full back currently playing for West Ham in the Premier League, left us shortly after joining due (allegedly) to a training ground confrontation.

Another full back, something of a cult hero at Ashton Gate to be fair but, again allegedly, involved in the same training ground incident, currently 'plays' for our blue friends across the river. 

That is an extreme example as Frederick's literally got laid out on the deck. 

A two footed tackle, pushing, shoving and the odd punch here and there - it happens. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That is an extreme example as Frederick's literally got laid out on the deck. 

A two footed tackle, pushing, shoving and the odd punch here and there - it happens. 

Indeed, but I just wanted to indicate that, sometimes, training between teammates can become 'heated'.

I have often wondered about RF, compared to ML, who was a firm favourite of mine - a limited, but certainly wholehearted full back, ideally suited to League One, but perhaps somewhat stretched in The Championship.

We could certainly have done with Ryan Fredericks this season. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct.

Tbh if I regaled some of the training ground incidents at Failand from the past few years I expect a few would be shocked, I can think of one very "physical" incident that I've never seen talked about publically. 

Nige's training sessions, like Gary Johnsons, are renowned for their intensity, so I don't see this as a bad thing. 

Nige will be learning a lot about who's got the minerals, who wants it....all good ?

It's also good for NP to have the opportunity to display his Alpha status in the group. 

Your account doesn't explain the Kalas absence on Saturday though...

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's also good for NP to have the opportunity to display his Alpha status in the group. 

Your account doesn't explain the Kalas absence on Saturday though...

My view on Kalas is I frequently see him driving his McLaren and I do not feel he is value for money in that regard. 

24 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Could not get my head around RF leaving at the time and not ML.

Why would you think it should of been Little leaving? From my memory, Fredericks had 3 or 4 outstandingly horrific games for us, bordering on Lois Diony level, possibly even worse,  & was apparently a complete and utter w@nkstain in the changing room (only from rumours that were stated at the time, i have no other knowledge on this) & Mark Little was a highly respected & integral part of the team that had just won the double.

Fredericks has had a brilliant career since, so being an absolute cock during his short spell here was likely the best decision he ever made!

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My view on Kalas is I frequently see him driving his McLaren and I do not feel he is value for money in that regard. 

And your view is objectively correct. He looks hench on those yacht pics on Insta though mind.

3 hours ago, redrob said:

64 blocked shots. Highest in the league. 

I am not surprised by this - I think Kalas has been very good this season at this particular aspect of the game, and I feel that overall he has been good in most games (a whole season average of say 6.5/10?). Let's forgive him one or two poor recent performances and put that down as a loss of form. It's often headline grabbing making these kind of last ditch blocks (in the same way as Bentley making excellent saves) and Kalas has won MOTM a few times because of it.

BUT the stats dont lie! our defense has conceded far too many goals, and while it has not always been Kalas' fault he has to shoulder some of the blame in this regard. I think part of the reason he has so many blocks and we have conceded too many goals, is as a defensive unit we are too passive and nowhere near proactive enough. We dont clear the first ball on corners, we let opposing teams have possesion too easily 30 yards from our goal etc.

If he is here and playing next season I'd be much happier to see Kalas nowhere near this number of blocks if it means we are clearing danger before it develops, and therefore needing far less last ditch hero stuff from either CB's or Goalkeeper.

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Oh I don't know......

PjfEodDAS4o.png

Archived