IGNORED

Kalas

sh1t_ref_again

Just now, ashton_fan said:

What legal trouble?

Again, I don't know how much can be spoken about but there seemed to be problems with some posts on this forum. I don't know what can or can not be said, and I don't want to bring it back up for no reason. I'll leave the rest of that topic to @Kid in the Riot if he wants to give some more information on that.

Re the wages. I also don't know how much the basic is, bonuses etc, it wasn't like their conversation was specifically about his contract. However, I would be utterly astounded if his bonuses were that high that they made up the additional wage.

If you’re on £22K a week then you shouldn’t make mistakes. The top salaries are mental. If Baker has the right mentality he will sign a reduced deal and pay us back for paying him whilst injured. If he doesn’t then we don’t want him. Nahki Wells should be embarrassed. 

Just now, Dodgy_Giefer said:

If you’re on £22K a week then you shouldn’t make mistakes. The top salaries are mental. If Baker has the right mentality he will sign a reduced deal and pay us back for paying him whilst injured. If he doesn’t then we don’t want him. Nahki Wells should be embarrassed. 

No footballer on more than £22k should make a mistake?! Read everything now 

11 hours ago, ashton_fan said:
Player Name Weekly Wage Yearly Salary Age Position Nationality
Alfie Mawson £35,000 £1,820,000 26 D (C) England
Nahki Wells £27,000 £1,404,000 30 ST (C) Bermuda
Tomas Kalas £22,000 £1,144,000 27 D (RC) Czech Republic
Famara Diédhiou £20,000 £1,040,000 27 ST (C) Senegal
Nathan Baker £19,000 £988,000 29 D (C) England
Andreas Weimann £18,000 £936,000 28 AM (RLC), ST (C) Austria
Ádám Nagy £16,000 £832,000 25 DM, M (C) Hungary
Daniel Bentley £14,000 £728,000 27 GK England
Jack Hunt £13,000 £676,000 29 D/WB (R) England
Joe Williams £10,000 £520,000 23 DM, M/AM (C) England
Callum O'Dowda £8,400 £436,800 25 M/AM (RL) Ireland
Chris Martin £8,400 £436,800 31 ST (C) Scotland
Jay Dasilva £8,100 £421,200 22 D/WB (L) England
Taylor Moore £7,600 £395,200 23 D (RC) England
Adrian Mariappa £7,500 £390,000 33 D (RC) Jamaica
Jamie Paterson £7,100 £369,200 28 M/AM (RLC) England
Zak Vyner £6,000 £312,000 23 D (RC) England
Liam Walsh £6,000 £312,000 22 DM, M (C) England
Han-Noah Massengo £5,200 £270,400 19 DM, M (C) France
Tommy Rowe £3,600 £187,200 31 D/WB (L), M (LC) England
Antoine Semenyo £3,500 £182,000 20 AM (RL), ST (C) England
Tyreeq Bakinson £2,600 £135,200 21 DM, M (C) England
Max O'Leary £1,900 £98,800 23 GK England
Steven Sessegnon £1,600 £83,200 20 D (RLC) England
Jojo Wollacott £710 £36,920 23 GK England
Rene Gilmartin £700 £36,400 33 GK Ireland
Aden Baldwin £700 £36,400 23 D (RC) England
Opi Edwards £660 £34,320 21 WB/M/AM (R) England
Barney Soady £440 £22,880 18 D (RL), WB/M/AM (L) Wales
Callum Pearson £430 £22,360 18 D (RC) Wales

Well, if that really is accurate (which I’d doubt) then I think we’ve got better value by far from Kalas this season than from anyone else in the top 7.

And, along with Bentley, better value than from anyone earning more than HNM’s ‘paltry’ £5200.

I know some are down to injury etc, but purely in terms of value on the pitch this season, few have given us more than Kalas. 

20 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just wandering around Twitter. 
This maybe true, maybe not, but I thought I'd pass it on. 

1271570996_Screenshot2021-05-09at15_36_53.png.a95efd4367da01351731d3ef311c989f.png

830965634_Screenshot2021-05-09at15_37_10.png.7f7a29c84381496a5bc2cfc0919c0030.png

Sorry if it's ben posted before.

I think Kalas is a good professional, but not a leader. Particularly in the mould NP wants. 

We need an out and out captain. A Wes Morgan, or Louis Carey type.

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

I think Kalas is a good professional, but not a leader. Particularly in the mould NP wants. 

We need an out and out captain. A Wes Morgan, or Louis Carey type.

Not sure I'd worry about the 'Captain" as a leader. We need the whole team to communicate more/better , players have to take more responsibility . They play as a team instead of individuals and they will all look more like leaders. Yes we could do with stronger characters, and I agree that Kalas isn't vocal enough, but he has been centre of any good defensive performances. I think it's a collective problem that NP will have to solve.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Just wandering around Twitter. 
This maybe true, maybe not, but I thought I'd pass it on. 

1271570996_Screenshot2021-05-09at15_36_53.png.a95efd4367da01351731d3ef311c989f.png

830965634_Screenshot2021-05-09at15_37_10.png.7f7a29c84381496a5bc2cfc0919c0030.png

Sorry if it's ben posted before.

Suspect this is just picking up on other tweets and changing the words a bit.

Think I posted yesterday, the rumour I heard, no idea on who told the person I heard from…so no idea if true…was that Kalas went through Wells, and Pearson said “you should’ve done that at Millwall”, at which point Kalas stormed off.

The fact that he was there yesterday might mean the above wasn’t true.

Theres a new twitter account that at least credits the source….I don’t like the one like Mole, who try to make out they are ITK and breaking the news themselves, when all they are doing is regurgitating others work.

Silly season is underway!

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

The biggest rebuild in the summer might well be at centre back

I think defensive solidity is the 1st priority. We need a solid base before we worry about being a force going forward.

That will need an addition in the midfield though, surely?

If that rumour is true, then fair play to him. Shows he cares which is more than can be said for the majority of the squad.

Personally think he’s a good centre back but he’s not a leader, obviously was at his best with Webster next to him where he had less individual pressure to defend. This season in particular he’s been partnered with some liabilities that have consistently let him down. If we can find the right partner for him that can share some responsibility at the back I think he’ll be able to get back to his best. 

That being said, I don’t think he’s good enough in the air and his marking at set pieces has been nothing short of shambolic across the season, lost track of the amount of times he’s lost a man and watched them put the ball in the back of the net. Fixing the back line has to be the priority this summer and it seems easiest to just find Kalas a partner, but I am beginning to wonder if the best option is to move him on and use the money to find a better partnership?

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Theres a new twitter account that at least credits the source….I don’t like the one like Mole, who try to make out they are ITK and breaking the news themselves, when all they are doing is regurgitating others work.

Seem to remember a ‘Mole’ Twitter Account a year or so ago peddling all kinds of ITK stuff, none of which was true. 

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think I posted yesterday, the rumour I heard, no idea on who told the person I heard from…so no idea if true…was that Kalas went through Wells, and Pearson said “you should’ve done that at Millwall”, at which point Kalas stormed off.

The big falling out with Kalas and Nige is true. Dunno about the captain stripped bit. Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he wasn’t captain next season mind. 

16 minutes ago, KegCity said:

If that rumour is true, then fair play to him. Shows he cares which is more than can be said for the majority of the squad.

Personally think he’s a good centre back but he’s not a leader, obviously was at his best with Webster next to him where he had less individual pressure to defend. This season in particular he’s been partnered with some liabilities that have consistently let him down. If we can find the right partner for him that can share some responsibility at the back I think he’ll be able to get back to his best. 

That being said, I don’t think he’s good enough in the air and his marking at set pieces has been nothing short of shambolic across the season, lost track of the amount of times he’s lost a man and watched them put the ball in the back of the net. Fixing the back line has to be the priority this summer and it seems easiest to just find Kalas a partner, but I am beginning to wonder if the best option is to move him on and use the money to find a better partnership?

I agree with some of this. I was surprised Kalas was chosen by Holden as skipper. However you view his communication (IMO it’s not great) Kalas has thrown himself at everything in front of goal while watching utter drivel in front of him. 

He made a statement regarding players going through the motions not long ago and at this point is frustrated as he didn’t come here to be bottom of the league. 

We will see how it goes from here, if we get an offer a decision will need to be made by all. 

I can see Pearson bringing in Wes Morgan in a player/coach role. 

Ability to lead and organise a dressing room.

His playing days are coming to an end and I think he would come in merely as a back-up option (4th or 5th choice), however the experience and leadership he would bring would be crucial.

If a young Centre Half such as Atkinson (Oxford) were to sign, then Morgan could be seen as a great mentor. 

I don't think this is the end for Kalas, I just don't think he is the correct choice of captain. Sometimes the most experienced players make the best captains (Wilbs or Wade Elliott etc). 

33 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Seem to remember a ‘Mole’ Twitter Account a year or so ago peddling all kinds of ITK stuff, none of which was true. 

It is the same one.  All a bit tedious isn’t it.

Does Kalas have to be a leader though? Couldn’t he play alongside a leader?

I thought Flint was destined to be captain for us but he didn’t want it, wanted to focus on his game and not everything else going on. Maybe Kalas should try this as he was much better last season without the pressure of the armband.

Wes Morgan alongside Kalas wouldn’t be the worse pairing in the world and Kalas could learn a lot from him.

Baker I wouldn’t offer a contract, Vyner is not top half championship quality, neither is Moore. Mariappa was only a short term fix. The only way I can see Kalas leaving is if Celtic sell the centre back they have who has been linked to the premier league and they see Kalas as an alternative. Other than that he isn’t going to move to the premier league and a championship club are unlikely to be able to afford him after the last 12 months or so.

7 hours ago, Dodgy_Giefer said:

If Baker signs a new contract, then that's that's end of Kalas i think.

By all accounts, the falling out between them has been immense.

On that basis, and with TK under contract for another 2 years. There is no way that the two of them can play together again.

4 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

If Baker signs a new contract, then that's that's end of Kalas i think.

By all accounts, the falling out between them has been immense.

On that basis, and with TK under contract for another 2 years. There is no way that the two of them can play together again.

Really? What on earth went wrong?

29 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Really? What on earth went wrong?

They have been very close for a number of years. 

I don't claim to know exactly what has happened but there has been a big fallout; and their relationship is very strained to say the least.

If you look at the footage of the Millwall game, they quite pointedly do not make eye contact/talk to each other or communicate in any way. In marked contrast to the way they have been together in the past.

Another large stress on TK i'm sure, and a compounding factor in the way that he has played recently i'm sure.

Plus Baker was available, and then not, quite suddenly a few weeks back.

All fun this, isn't it.?

36 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Does Kalas have to be a leader though? Couldn’t he play alongside a leader?

I thought Flint was destined to be captain for us but he didn’t want it, wanted to focus on his game and not everything else going on. Maybe Kalas should try this as he was much better last season without the pressure of the armband.

Wes Morgan alongside Kalas wouldn’t be the worse pairing in the world and Kalas could learn a lot from him.

Baker I wouldn’t offer a contract, Vyner is not top half championship quality, neither is Moore. Mariappa was only a short term fix. The only way I can see Kalas leaving is if Celtic sell the centre back they have who has been linked to the premier league and they see Kalas as an alternative. Other than that he isn’t going to move to the premier league and a championship club are unlikely to be able to afford him after the last 12 months or so.

Wes Morgan is 37 and has a back issue so I can’t think of a much worse partner. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don't claim to be ITK etc but i can 100% confirm that Kalas went in two footed on Naki Wells at training on Thursday. Words exchanged with NP who was not best pleased to put it mildly. However there was no standup row etc with him. Kalas did carry on with the training session and went inside after with the rest of the players so no issue after the event. Obviously dont know what went on inside if at all anything.

This was from somebody who watched the training session.

Also Semenyo was the most impressive in training and was out on the pitch aftre the others went in working on his shooting. So unsure how he was carrying an injury unless they trained Friday as well.

The thing you have to say about this is not only are many of our players shithouses in terms of their attitude on the pitch but we also have shithouses, either players or staff, who go running to their mates like excited school kids and divulge the events of training ground disagreements so that they get out on the internet.

Pearson has a lot on his plate.

10 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I don't claim to be ITK etc but i can 100% confirm that Kalas went in two footed on Naki Wells at training on Thursday. Words exchanged with NP who was not best pleased to put it mildly. However there was no standup row etc with him. Kalas did carry on with the training session and went inside after with the rest of the players so no issue after the event. Obviously dont know what went on inside if at all anything.

This was from somebody who watched the training session.

Also Semenyo was the most impressive in training and was out on the pitch aftre the others went in working on his shooting. So unsure how he was carrying an injury unless they trained Friday as well.

So possibly a bit of embellishment about what happened then.

Archived