IGNORED

Excited or worried?

citywest30

How do you feel about next season?  

287 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After listening to the latest of NP's interviews, I am genuinely so so glad that this season is over and can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new one to begin.

Maybe it is because its ended so bad that I feel it can only be better or maybe Pearson really is going to start something exciting once he's been able to have a clear out.   

How does everyone else feel? Same as me or worried due to the terrible points return from his first 10 games or so?

5 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

After listening to the latest of NP's interviews, I am genuinely so so glad that this season is over and can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new one to begin.

Maybe it is because its ended so bad that I feel it can only be better or maybe Pearson really is going to start something exciting once he's been able to have a clear out.   

How does everyone else feel? Same as me or worried due to the terrible points return from his first 10 games or so?

Looking in from the outside the players have to take a lot of responsibility as you we're ss to in and around the play of spots for ages so the question is what changed

I guess it’s the huge state of flux we’re in at the moment that is unnerving everyone. Clearly there are going to be big changes with OOC players and a manager who is almost completely new to the club in terms of bringing in his own players. The relative stability we’ve had in recent years has gone and it feels like this could be good (new broom) or bad / worse (recent form). Time will tell I guess and it may ultimately depend on the old half full / empty glass perspective.

9 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

In all honesty after this season I am not really bothered any more. I will always support BCFC but my enthusiasm has rapidly ebbed away.

Excited personally. More excited than the last 2 or 3 years around this time anyway - can't wait to see what happens in the summer.

I'm utterly bored of the "we got 3 more points and 1 place higher in mid table over 46 games so that counts as progression so more of the same next year" stuff.

At least it feels like the boat has been well and truly rocked and we're going to at least try and give it a bit of a go now, for better or for worse.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

In all honesty after this season I am not really bothered any more. I will always support BCFC but my enthusiasm has rapidly ebbed away.

That's how I was feeling about 3 or 4 games ago but since his 3 year contract announcement, I just can't help but feel genuine excitement that he could bring what we've all wanted for so long. Maybe after the first 5 games that will go but who knows?

I’m kind of both in equal measure.

This feels like, to use the Barton term, the great reset. And having fans not having been there this season kind of helps - not only because we’ve been dire, but because, whatever happens, it’s genuinely a new team. 

Since we were last in AG (Fulham), and assuming releases are as expected, from the 18 players in that squad only six will remain. That’s an insane turnover - but it’s also exciting.

I want to see this new team become my team. I can’t understand anyone whose not been into AG for 18 months not being excited - even in current form. I’ve missed this. I’m excited. I’m worried that I’m too excited, but genuinely, with a new team, NP in charge, no MA and back in Ashton, I genuinely cannot ****ing wait.

I always look forward to the next season whatever the current one has been like. I get excited when the fixture list is due out and going into the first game. I then normally get brought right down to earth when we lose it and am then worried until we get to 50 points. After that I just wait and see what happens.

Just like fans of pretty much any club outside the top six of the Premier League I suppose.

Anxious. There seems to be a huge amount to do. The set-up over the last few years has left us in a mess. Confidence is low. 

I have faith that NP is the right man to improve things, and I’m excited about the changes this summer that will (hopefully) improve us, but our form for the last few months, following our decline over the last couple of years, has knocked the stuffing out of me. Maybe I’ll get more excited once we see something tangible, like confirmation about players going, new signings etc. 

Cant quite grasp why people are excited.

We have a squad of awful players that are either nowhere near good enough, or genuinely dont care.

Granted alot we can now get rid of, but some we will continue to be stuck with.

On top of that we need to replace them. Easier said then done in one window. 

And we have a manager that has not really done anything for us, aside continue and even worsen our dire performances. Granted its not his team, but even still, its extremely worrying.

Yes im extremely anxious. And worried. 

32 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

I guess it’s the huge state of flux we’re in at the moment that is unnerving everyone. Clearly there are going to be big changes with OOC players and a manager who is almost completely new to the club in terms of bringing in his own players. The relative stability we’ve had in recent years has gone and it feels like this could be good (new broom) or bad / worse (recent form). Time will tell I guess and it may ultimately depend on the old half full / empty glass perspective.

The next two seasons are a time of change as NP brings about change to our club. A much needed shake up is going to highlight how bad Mark Ashton managed behind the scenes. Let's see how players brought in respond and how many injuries we suffer. We are going to have to be patient

Im excited, really looking forward to see who comes in with the staff off the pitch, recruitment and medical, thats more crucial than playing staff to begin with

Im also looking forward to a clear out of players and while I don't expect a massive influx of players, hoping for 3/4 quality players to start the journey..

I think I'll be staying anxious until I can see some quality players being added to the squad. I hope to god we don't just end up recruiting a load of journeymen to prop up the youth we have. 

I don't doubt NP will have an idea of what/who we need but we still need those quality signatures on the dotted line before I'll relax. 

I'm looking ahead to a tough season coming up and any improvement on 19th is fine.

That means there will be some good form and some bad form and there will be disappointments to take on the chin along the way.

But with Pearson, I'm hoping standards will be raised regarding fitness, professional and commitment to the cause.

In the medium to long term I'm very excited about our young talent. Scott and Conway are exciting prospects and a handful of others could develop into fine players.

Has NP timed it right and joined us just as a golden generation are about to blossom? We can dream!

Best I can come up with is the old fence sitter - cautiously optimistic.

I wanted NP here when LJ left and was really pleased when we got him. But its been disappointing.

If NP had managed to get a tune out of the players and if I saw some semblance of cohesion on the pitch then I would be full on optimistic. But I've not seen anything like that.

I understand that NP has been looking at all the players, but a win here and there in the last ten games, or even a decent performance,  would have alleviated some doubts I have.

I know it might sound odd after this sh*t show of a season, but I can’t remember being more excited about the next season.

We’ve got an experienced manager that I have complete faith in. He has identified the structural faults in the football operation and is taking steps to fix them. We have a really exciting crop of young players and we seem to have a plan of how to move forward.

Let’s get on board people!

Both, Pearson has a hell of a job on but at least he has a track record to fall back on.

We need so much changing, not just major surgery to the playing side, but the medical, fitness & conditioning & a fundamental change in recruitment.

Even if we release 10 players & bring in 5 or 6 then far more will still need to be done.

The first step is the retained list next week, then the behind the scenes changes Pearson hinted at, then the recruitment & possible departures of a few under contract.

Anything above bottom eight next season looks like a success at present.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Both, Pearson has a hell of a job on but at least he has a track record to fall back on.

We need so much changing, not just major surgery to the playing side, but the medical, fitness & conditioning & a fundamental change in recruitment.

Even if we release 10 players & bring in 5 or 6 then far more will still need to be done.

The first step is the retained list next week, then the behind the scenes changes Pearson hinted at, then the recruitment & possible departures of a few under contract.

Anything above bottom eight next season looks like a success at present.

The highlighted bit is what I am clinging onto.

Archived