IGNORED

If we had been relegated

Desso

With this group of players, do you think we could have got promoted back to the championship, finished mid table or been relegated? I'm pretty sure that we would have struggled to stay there. Weak defence and weak attack; I think league one teams would have enjoyed playing us.

Hard to say. With this current side we would of been lower mid table at best in league one. But there was always going to be an opportunity for change this summer so with that in mind and our ability to attract the better players at that level and pay higher wages than most I would of fancied us to be in the mix.

This group of players are a bunch of quitters with absolutely no backbone at all. They completely downed tools quite some time ago which means they have no respect for their employers or fans . 
I hope Nige gets rid of most of them as they make me feel sick. 
I’ve been around the block with City and have seen many a poor team but not one had been lacking in effort . 
I am genuinely disgusted with this squad .  

47 minutes ago, Desso said:

With this group of players, do you think we could have got promoted back to the championship, finished mid table or been relegated? I'm pretty sure that we would have struggled to stay there. Weak defence and weak attack; I think league one teams would have enjoyed playing us.

With our current gaffer we’ll be fine and we would also have been fine if we’d got relegated. Pearson took Leicester up from league one as champions and he also took Leicester up from the championship as champions - and along the way he signed Riyad Mahrez for £450k and Jamie Vardy for £1m - we’ve got a top geezer in charge now - let’s enjoy it while it lasts ...

Difficult one. If we had this exact squad (and hopefully fully fit with Rolls gone), I'd hypothetically fancy us to do well in League 1. As poor as we've been this season, I still feel that player for player this squad is midtable Championship standard.

With pre-season, I'd hope Pearson could mould them into a solid team. Hull managed to do it this year (after having a similarly dismal run to get relegated from the championship), and our squad is notably better than theirs was.

Big question would be whether we could turn a corner confidence wise and attitude wise. However, if we played at the same standard as we have this season, we'd be nowhere near promotion. 

12 hours ago, shelts said:

This group of players are a bunch of quitters with absolutely no backbone at all. They completely downed tools quite some time ago which means they have no respect for their employers or fans . 
I hope Nige gets rid of most of them as they make me feel sick. 
I’ve been around the block with City and have seen many a poor team but not one had been lacking in effort . 
I am genuinely disgusted with this squad .  

Totally agree, and apart from having a poor attitude, a lot of them are just not good enough at Championship level. 

Archived