IGNORED

No more excuses [FBC Podcast]

headhunter

Recording of last night's live podcast [thanks to the 100+ who  regularly listen live and to the 600+ who download each recording]:  https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/no-more-excuses-1620538266/

City closed the door to the 2020-21 season with the not unexpected defeat against high flying Brentford going down 3-1 with the visitors Ivan Toney grabbing one of the goals to achieve a Championship record.

Ian, DaveFevs, Mark & DaveP discuss the action from a match where for the opening half they matched their opponents in every department but in the second, particularly with goals 2 & 3 the Bees displayed a standard of forward play that City should be aiming for.

We debate that although only 17 Alex Scott has the ability to be a player for the present and perhaps too goalscorer Louis Britton and that means staying in Bristol rather than going out on loan next season.

Who will be shown the door in the coming days and who might be retained are other topics we discuss along with speculation that Dave Rennie might reunite with Nigel Pearson within days to sort the medical shambles at the club and cast his eye over the players before they go on holiday.

No wins in the last 10 and although 25 defeats fell short of the record [27] set in 2012-13 a paltry 51 points just isn't good enough.

It's down to you Nige going forward - we know you can do it and accept it may take a while!!

I enjoyed that.

One tiny point @headhunter @Davefevs in the bit on Fam you quoted the cost to retain him since January and added the remaining amortization in addition to his wages and whatever small transfer fee we might have been offered back then - I don't follow the amortization, we'd have to write down his original cost whatever?

Agreed with the overall point though and it's good to reflect on the cumulative cost of these sorts of decisions. Always good to hear Davefevs summarize the folly that has been our recruitment and re-contracting of players and Mark's summary of the Barnsley approach this past year makes it all the more stark how useless MA is.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

I enjoyed that.

One tiny point @headhunter @Davefevs in the bit on Fam you quoted the cost to retain him since January and added the remaining amortization in addition to his wages and whatever small transfer fee we might have been offered back then - I don't follow the amortization, we'd have to write down his original cost whatever?

Agreed with the overall point though and it's good to reflect on the cumulative cost of these sorts of decisions. Always good to hear Davefevs summarize the folly that has been our recruitment and re-contracting of players and Mark's summary of the Barnsley approach this past year makes it all the more stark how useless MA is.

Yes, you are right re Amortisation (ta)….I painted it incorrectly…..still £1.4m pissed up the wall.

As a home only supporter, I feel you away “super fans” (joke ?) got to see the best of Fam.

Archived