IGNORED

NP still friends with Leicester?

where's the joy

Here's hoping he is, as there's plenty of young talent there needing a loan or two.

Please make Dewsbury-Hall, currently at Luton, the first signing.

A younger Barry Bannan with a sweet 'tinman' of a left foot and the best set piece delivery I have seen 'down the gate' this season

we need left footers badly 

9 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I should hope that Nige is/will be in touch with what must be a number of contacts, mates etc in the game. One of the main reasons for making him long term Manager, despite the recent poor performances and results.

It wouldn't surprise me to see both Dave Rennie (not that one) and Craig Shakespeare here in the near future. Shakespeare has been assistant to NP at WBA, Leicester, Hull, Leicester again, and Watford. 

3 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Here's hoping he is, as there's plenty of young talent there needing a loan or two.

Please make Dewsbury-Hall, currently at Luton, the first signing.

A younger Barry Bannan with a sweet 'tinman' of a left foot and the best set piece delivery I have seen 'down the gate' this season

we need left footers badly 

I know we always were linked with Bannan, but if we put in a cheeky bid now SW are down, could he be the creativity and experience we’re crying out for? Don’t know his contract situation but we could do worse if it was possible.

Just now, steveybadger said:

I know we always were linked with Bannan, but if we put in a cheeky bid now SW are down, could he be the creativity and experience we’re crying out for? Don’t know his contract situation but we could do worse if it was possible.

I think Bannan is past his best and I'd be looking elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see both Dave Rennie (not that one) and Craig Shakespeare here in the near future. Shakespeare has been assistant to NP at WBA, Leicester, Hull, Leicester again, and Watford. 

I'd be very surprised to see Shakespeare leave Villa for us.

6 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I think Bannan is past his best and I'd be looking elsewhere. 

After the game yesterday he looked a broken man and seemed to have aged ten years. I can`t see a championship club paying what Chansiri will want for him plus his wages and he seems the sort that will want to get Wednesday back up straight away to prove a point.

I`ve never been a huge fan anyway - he always seems to play well against us but that is not a good reason to sign a player - and his age/cost is very much a negative for me.

43 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Just signed a 2 year contract extension with Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Rennie already here….was the bloke in the suit as part of the staff yesterday, seen pre-game.  Good spot by others, not me….but I saw him too.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rennie already here….was the bloke in the suit as part of the staff yesterday, seen pre-game.  Good spot by others, not me….but I saw him too.

Well, thats one problem resolved..

55 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

The first thing i'd be doing if i was Nige would be to get in a goalkeeper and two centre halves. That's always the starting point in building a good side.

Or even before that bringing in a top talent identifier such as Steve Walsh to get our recruitment back on schedule after the disaster of Mark Ashton 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure that I could make out anyone on Robins TV - is there a 12k option ?

Agreed. Dewsbury-Hall has had a very good season at Luton. 
I’d also be keen on enquiring about some other Leicester loanees :

Josh Knight who’s been excellent at CB for Wycombe. 
Matty James who’s been great for Cov and could be an experienced head that Pearson might like to see. 
Callum Wright, CM who’s been on loan at Cheltenham since Jan and has played a part in their excellent run to the title - whilst bagging 4 goals from midfield in just 17 games. Great return for a CM

If Nige was able to pull some strings and bring those 4 in from Leicester that would be a fantastic start to the summer recruitment. 

That he went to Leuven even after the circumstances around his sacking at Leicester suggests there's good relationship there and that won't have changed

If we manage to keep Tavares (doesn't seem likely) then he's a player every Championship side should want on loan

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed. Dewsbury-Hall has had a very good season at Luton. 
I’d also be keen on enquiring about some other Leicester loanees :

Josh Knight who’s been excellent at CB for Wycombe. 
Matty James who’s been great for Cov and could be an experienced head that Pearson might like to see. 
Callum Wright, CM who’s been on loan at Cheltenham since Jan and has played a part in their excellent run to the title - whilst bagging 4 goals from midfield in just 17 games. Great return for a CM

If Nige was able to pull some strings and bring those 4 in from Leicester that would be a fantastic start to the summer recruitment. 

Been a lot of talk that James has already agreed to join Coventry permanently, which seeing as he presumably won’t have to move house & they are also in The Championship makes a lot of sense.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Been a lot of talk that James has already agreed to join Coventry permanently, which seeing as he presumably won’t have to move house & they are also in The Championship makes a lot of sense.

Yep. I just think Pearson will be looking to bring in an ‘experienced’ player for this level, in the James mould. 
I can see the salary budget being mostly used for 3 or 4 ‘experienced’ types. 

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. I just think Pearson will be looking to bring in an ‘experienced’ player for this level, in the James mould. 
I can see the salary budget being mostly used for 3 or 4 ‘experienced’ types. 

Me too.

Lewis Holtby is being released by Blackburn, Corry Evans too, though he’s injury prone these days & almost certain to end up with his former international manager at Stoke.

Sam Clucas is apparently free to leave Stoke, always rated him.

That “type” if not actually any of them.

Coventry were one of up to 10 listed under embargo, no Accounts to CH yet- will they be able to sign James in time?

Holtby was an (occasional) German international with PL experience, and CL experience. One of Blackburn's best technical players- not saying I'd have him but surprised he's not rated unless I've misunderstood. Mowbray suggested his departure based on finance and family reasons.

Matty James on a free could be interesting. Pearson connection.

Won't get Shakespeare, what about Walsh however, what's his availability like.

What about Halilovic who’s been at Birmingham. Been getting rave reviews regarding his clear quality. Should be on a free as not sure Birmingham can afford to keep him on. Maybe worth a steal as still young and would add value and quality to the team/squad

4 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

What about Halilovic who’s been at Birmingham. Been getting rave reviews regarding his clear quality. Should be on a free as not sure Birmingham can afford to keep him on. Maybe worth a steal as still young and would add value and quality to the team/squad

Very interesting shout. 

Joined Barcelona as the latest "next Messi" (like Bojan before him) but didn't quite fill that enormous expectation.

I think we do need a couple of players with a bit of 'X factor' like him.

Saw this horrible stat on Twitter today via @Carey 6 - that shows that one of our biggest challenges is overturning this. If we keep this up, regardless of results, fans will be bored and grow restless. We will need some fresh ideas in midfield and attack and a couple of exciting and technical players should be on our list IMO.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Do you know how many Leicester players Pearson has since loaned in? Elliott Moore is one. Not sure if he was there when they first got Sowah. 

It makes sense that he will try that again if the players are there. Not necessarily just loans but permanently bring in players he knows from his Leicester days.

Yes. Moore is someone I mentioned in my ‘recruitment’ thread a few weeks back. I think the Leicester links will come into play with some of Pearson’s signings. 
I didn’t mention Moore in my post above as he’s still got a year on his deal and Oxford may still come up. So depending on our finances and Oxford’s divisional status, it might not be as easy a move as those who were loanees mentioned above. 

18 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

The first thing i'd be doing if i was Nige would be to get in a goalkeeper and two centre halves. That's always the starting point in building a good side.

I would get some players who can keep us in possession for more than 10 seconds!

Then those centre half’s and keeper won’t be constantly under the cosh!

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes. Moore is someone I mentioned in my ‘recruitment’ thread a few weeks back. I think the Leicester links will come into play with some of Pearson’s signings. 
I didn’t mention Moore in my post above as he’s still got a year on his deal and Oxford may still come up. So depending on our finances and Oxford’s divisional status, it might not be as easy a move as those who were loanees mentioned above. 

3FEDCD33-B987-447C-AD08-3B8CFB56DA59.jpeg

61785DF6-CB89-464E-8472-8121CBF3A1E9.jpeg

B0644931-66C2-473F-808A-00F8DE534C50.jpeg

FB770D5D-8C81-425A-A116-A8C1C8A5ADA2.jpeg

10CAFF8C-6AC6-4A99-9589-5B0D5FF9F655.jpeg

Archived