IGNORED

The Play offs

22A

OK; which teams would you prefer to get promoted this year.

Championship ; Barnsley because 1; they're the furthest of the four contenders to travel to and 2; it reminds everyone a "little club" can still make the Prem.

League 1; Oxford because 1; it's not too far to travel and 2; it'll annoy Swindon t see their local rival two divisions higher.

League 2; FGR because 1; they're a localish team and 2; it'll hack off Rovers & Swindon to see FGR as well as Cheltenham higher up the League than them.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

OK; which teams would you prefer to get promoted this year.

Championship ; Barnsley because 1; they're the furthest of the four contenders to travel to and 2; it reminds everyone a "little club" can still make the Prem.

League 1; Oxford because 1; it's not too far to travel and 2; it'll annoy Swindon t see their local rival two divisions higher.

League 2; FGR because 1; they're a localish team and 2; it'll hack off Rovers & Swindon to see FGR as well as Cheltenham higher up the League than them.

I think we have been reminded by Bournemouth that a little club can make it to the Prem

Championship: Not Brentford, 'cos it's a nice easy game to get to and I haven't seen their new ground

L1: I want Oxford up, 'cos it's a nice easy game to get to, and I haven't been to their not-so-new ground

L2: FGR, because someone has to restore some pride in the West (with nods to Cheltenham)

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Championship: Not Brentford, 'cos it's a nice easy game to get to and I haven't seen their new ground

L1: I want Oxford up, 'cos it's a nice easy game to get to, and I haven't been to their not-so-new ground

L2: FGR, because someone has to restore some pride in the West (with nods to Cheltenham)

Well Matty Taylor has scored for Oxford  helping Oxford to a 2-0 lead so currently they occupy the last play off place.

1 minute ago, Maltshoveller said:

Championship = Any one bar Bournemouth

L1 = Any bar Sunderland ( Nothing to do with LJ)

L2 = FGR  Just to see the melt down across the river That the Gas a league below FGR

...and Cheltenham

Barnsley - like to see teams up against it do well, believe Brentford have a long record of bottling the play offs so they can continue that curse for all I care, one day would be nice to see them in the prem. Quite like Swansea so wouldn't mind if it's them and Bournemouth I don't mind but not this year.

Lincoln - similar to Barnsley although also because they would likely be near the bottom and that's good for us, same for Oxford. Blackpool are the team I fancy to win as they are in good form and have a good record in play offs I think. Not Sunderland, nothing against LJ but a club of that size should really get automatic promotion.

Can make a case for Morecambe, FGR as they have never played at that level, also wouldn't mind seeing Newport going up either. Quite like Tranmere too but they are my last choice compared to the others.

3 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Barnsley - like to see teams up against it do well, believe Brentford have a long record of bottling the play offs so they can continue that curse for all I care, one day would be nice to see them in the prem. Quite like Swansea so wouldn't mind if it's them and Bournemouth I don't mind but not this year.

Lincoln - similar to Barnsley although also because they would likely be near the bottom and that's good for us, same for Oxford. Blackpool are the team I fancy to win as they are in good form and have a good record in play offs I think. Not Sunderland, nothing against LJ but a club of that size should really get automatic promotion.

Can make a case for Morecambe, FGR as they have never played at that level, also wouldn't mind seeing Newport going up either. Quite like Tranmere too but they are my last choice compared to the others.

Agree with most of that, but got to be FGR surely?!. Gas in L2 and both Cheltenham and FGR overtake them……??

10 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Brentford for me, just because we wont have to get beat by them next season. Also i think Barnsley wont have a similar season next year.

I read an interesting article about the Barnsley manager on Saturday. I would not bet against them,if they don't go up through the playoffs, having another good season next year. But yes it would be nice not to face Brentford next season  Personally anyone but Bournemouth for me. 

24 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Agree with most of that, but got to be FGR surely?!. Gas in L2 and both Cheltenham and FGR overtake them……??

You just know the Gas fans are already eyeing up FGR away as the must go to away game next season and are hoping that they stay down, its very harsh wanting to take that away from them. ?

Brentford - at least they wouldn’t beat us next season. I really don’t want Barnsley to do it, that would irk me. 

Oxford. And if they don’t get into the play offs, Blackpool just for a weekend away in a tacky resort. 

FGR - them being a league above the fewers would be very satisfying. 

49 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

You just know the Gas fans are already eyeing up FGR away as the must go to away game next season and are hoping that they stay down, its very harsh wanting to take that away from them. ?

Harsh, but has to be done. They’ll have a trip to Tranmere to make up for it ???

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Brentford - at least they wouldn’t beat us next season. I really don’t want Barnsley to do it, that would irk me. 

Oxford. And if they don’t get into the play offs, Blackpool just for a weekend away in a tacky resort. 

FGR - them being a league above the fewers would be very satisfying. 

You can pop down to Weston any time you like mate!

3 hours ago, al3xrh0des said:

I think we have been reminded by Bournemouth that a little club that’s prepared to ignore and bust football’s financial rules can make it to the Prem

Championship - Brentford. They deserve it. Nice fans too.

L1 - Lincoln.  I'd rather not have big, well-financed clubs as next season's opponents!

L2 - FGR. Just to piss off the Gas. Leave them as Gloucestershire's third team.  ?

I don't really care, but if I had to choose:

Champ - Brentford - they've never been in the Prem.

L1 - Lincoln - no real reason, a toss up for me between them and Oxford.

L2 - FGR - it's time for them to be the biggest Rovers in the West.

Archived