IGNORED

Jon Stead

SecretSam

Wonderful player for us and so many clubs. Remember being so impressed with him when he was scoring against us for Huddersfield so was delighted when he donned a City shirt. Wishing him every success in his retirement. 

While we're on the subject of retirement, I understand James Coppinger has finally hung up his boots at Doncaster. Another wonderful servant of the game who deserves a long successful retirement. 

22 minutes ago, mozo said:

I've got it in my head that he scored a couple of belters in the Prem too. I'm not going to bother fact checking that though...

He notched 14 goals in 86 premier league appearances for Blackburn, Sunderland and Sheff United - I loved Jon Stead - he was a proper professional footballer, on and off the pitch he was utter class - a great guy

7 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I think he might have scored for Bradford City in their FA Cup win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge a few years back..?

He certainly did! When Bradford were 2-0 down our hero Stead notched just before half time to set the Bantams on their way to a memorable 2-4 victory ... ??

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He certainly did! When Bradford were 2-0 down our hero Stead notched just before half time to set the Bantams on their way to a memorable 2-4 victory ... ??

Thought so! Top pro Jon. He could give a few motivational speeches down at AG during the close season.

Archived