IGNORED

A Season of Unfortunate Events - my season review

The Exiled Robin

Agree with most of it. Can't agree with the comments on Fam.......he's shown himself to be as big a shithouse as anyone this season, simple as that. What he's done for us prior to that just doesn't count any longer for me so I wouldn't have stuck that paragraph in but it's all about opinions.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree with most of it. Can't agree with the comments on Fam.......he's shown himself to be as big a shithouse as anyone this season, simple as that. What he's done for us prior to that just doesn't count any longer for me so I wouldn't have stuck that paragraph in but it's all about opinions.

I nearly added a bit about the last two months, but decided most players are in the same boat, although admittedly Fam has been amongst the worst. And, however much we dislike it, I wonder how many of us would put their all in and risk getting injured ahead of a summer of new job negotiations?

Prior to February I wouldn’t say he had a bad season at all, certainly compared with many? Scored a few crucial goals when Holden eventually decided to play him

18 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

I nearly added a bit about the last two months, but decided most players are in the same boat, although admittedly Fam has been amongst the worst. And, however much we dislike it, I wonder how many of us would put their all in and risk getting injured ahead of a summer of new job negotiations?

Prior to February I wouldn’t say he had a bad season at all, certainly compared with many? Scored a few crucial goals when Holden eventually decided to play him

For context.

Came back from summer break late having been in Senegal.  Assume this was agreed by club, no reason to think otherwise.  Had to quarantine / self isolate.  Missed start of pre-season, was about 3 weeks behind everyone else….and it showed in the opening two games of the season in which he started both.  He lost his place to Martin (partnering Wells) as we made a good start to the season.  He started the cup game v Villa.  Then he had a run out of the side coming off the bench.

As per usual, with his place under threat, and a contract (here or somewhere else) to maximise, Fam starts to put in a bit more effort, and he scores a good few goals.  Gets sent off.  Gets a brace in the cup, and another brace v Boro.  Downs tools.

That fair?

Good article. Probably easier to write when you haven't got to struggle with a balanced view. Cannot remember a season when every aspect was so poor. I think our second half performance would compare unfavourably with other relegated City sides in my time. And I've already forgotten this Fam bloke.

On 10/05/2021 at 10:01, miser said:

Good article. Probably easier to write when you haven't got to struggle with a balanced view. Cannot remember a season when every aspect was so poor. I think our second half performance would compare unfavourably with other relegated City sides in my time. And I've already forgotten this Fam bloke.

I think the second half is as bad as I’ve ever seen at any point. Total, indefensible collapse  

Archived