IGNORED

Palace away

Red Army 75

14 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Such a shame he couldn't make the most of his talent.

Agreed. On ability alone, he was Prem quality. Just not quite athletic or consistent enough.. and enjoyed the social side of being a footballer too much.

High quality player though. Really enjoyed watching him. 

What a great trip to Selhurst Park that was. We were on the Natch Express at 6am to be up there for the 12pm kick-off on a roasting hot day. Both goals were right out of the top drawer. There was less than 1,000 of us in the away end and what an atmosphere we generated. Absolute scenes when Noble scored. Shame it proved to be our cup final. 

1 hour ago, tin said:

What a great trip to Selhurst Park that was. We were on the Natch Express at 6am to be up there for the 12pm kick-off on a roasting hot day. Both goals were right out of the top drawer. There was less than 1,000 of us in the away end and what an atmosphere we generated. Absolute scenes when Noble scored. Shame it proved to be our cup final. 

Why was there less than a thousand? I went when we lost to em 2 nil on carles debut and swear there was 2/3 thousand there

As some other posters have already said, pretty sure more than 1000 in the away end (side)..? It went absolutely bonkers when Noble scored and walking back through Victoria station, it was just City everywhere and noisy! Definitely up there in the top 10 of away days!

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Why was there less than a thousand? I went when we lost to em 2 nil on carles debut and swear there was 2/3 thousand there

I think it was because it was a 12pm kick-off, it was on Sky and the allocation was low, possibly for segregation as we were in the side stand. 

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

There was more than a 1000, think it was about 1700, didn't sell out tho, bizarrely.

Palace gave us a small allocation and I'm sure I saw in a programme for the return leg that we only took around 900, because it surprised me at the time.

1,921 City fans at Selhurst for the play-off game, compared to 2,880 for the league game earlier that season when we lost 2-0, according to this:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/away-days/away-days-200708/

I believe we didn't sell our full allocation for any of the three play-off away games we've played since 2000 (Cardiff, Hartlepool and Palace). 

On 10/05/2021 at 15:07, BanburyRed said:

As some other posters have already said, pretty sure more than 1000 in the away end (side)..? It went absolutely bonkers when Noble scored and walking back through Victoria station, it was just City everywhere and noisy! Definitely up there in the top 10 of away days!

It doesn’t help when the club announces it’s sold out though,we all wanted to go but didn’t even try to get tickets in the end.

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

It doesn’t help when the club announces it’s sold out though,we all wanted to go but didn’t even try to get tickets in the end.

It might of been the Evening post that said it,coming to think of it.

Archived