IGNORED

Palace away

Red Army 75

Still my favourite memory as a City fan. Boiling hot day, I remember they had a wall in the middle of the stand that we were jumping around on. Weirdly I preferred it to the home leg, but probably only because we won the home leg if that makes sense. I’ll never forget that day. Ever since I’ve been trying to find footage of us “over-celebrating” to use Warnock’s words, which made it so much sweeter ? 

Noble, great ability- never made the most. Wonder if we saw the best of Carle either, probably not- we saw him in the buildup to that goal and that season we actually played our best consistent stuff with the 4-4-1-1 and Noble in the freeish role behind the striker- we saw it at times 2nd half of the season, but mainly before Christmas- tactically smart and made us a bit more secure too.

Carey's goal...freekick routine very clever, finish technically strong- Noble's was brilliant though.

I had assumed that all tickets would be sold out so was surprised when I rang AG on the Friday and got a ticket that I picked up at Selhurst Park. It was a fantastic day particularly as my boss was a CP season ticket holder. It was the sort of day that made all the shit days worthwhile. Just wondering when the next similar experience  might be.

On 10/05/2021 at 14:10, weepywall said:

There was more than a 1000, think it was about 1700, didn't sell out tho, bizarrely.

Our support is, er, erratic. Odd. Peculiar. It's so Bristol City.

I remember going to Burton couple of years back, and we sell out, 1700 there. 123 miles to get there. Another 12 miles up the road, Derby County, big ground, famous club, and we'll struggle to take half that. 

We have a "big day out" following, like many clubs. Wembley and Man City in 2018, for example. 

We're not Rovers, we can cope with the truth: our support is ok, but sometimes it's shit. Too often, it's shit. But very, very occasionally, it's brilliant.

What a day. I remember it being so hot and I was so dehydrated when we left, and bought a 2 litre bottle of water in the shop up the road, and drunk it all by the time we were back to the train station. That Noble goal was just so crazy being there witnessing it, mental scenes.

Archived