IGNORED

Relegation - it’s not all over yet!

Silvio Dante

In one small mitigation, a lot of this is a hangover from Shaun Harvey's approach to the issues- this is up to 2017/18 I believe, as was Sheffield Wednesday's case- EFL are trying to work through a significant backlog, he did **** all about it in the main.

These can be complex legal issues when it comes to reopening them, and at the time he seemed keen to fudge or kick can down the road. However given the EFL announced intention to Appeal about, oh 8 months back, this has taken an unacceptable length of time. Even taking that into account though, he has a lot to answer for that guy...

Anyway those Swiss Ramble figures vs...

image.png.5e0dd574e0197ad69e7837373df5d6d4.png

Club.

image.png.16ef5e465c1f358b97ca558905412e54.png

Still Club.

image.png.5287435c3f87b58f31f1b3296c39d998.png

Point 17 on the 69 a), the reason for the Amendment. I am assuming that was the partial debt cancellation with old owners.

Consolidated.

image.png.3c548dd98eacaf357d87be980a132ca4.png

81 b) and c) Change to Consolidated, in accordance with the regulation, to get the full picture. Though their Projected loss was well over what it might have been- Rowett compensation as well as ground will have helped.

image.png.e7b49d5d832a305588dbcaa1ceb7407a.png

That SwissRamble figure is out- this of course accounts for the lower valuation being used, with scope to revisit the higher one.

The actual results were out- as we can see that readjustment to the higher level proved to be crucial.

image.png.2c14c7aeae88d3857f5b42ad883c4546.png

Helped them squeak home by <£1.5m. Anymore and there is a breach! Definitely Consolidated, not Club by this stage.

Assuming the Lampard compensation helped it to drop back a bit but...the upward revision for FFP from £74.4 to £81.1m proved oh so crucial.

Rule 1.1.3(b)- Group Reporting- seems pertinent here.

image.thumb.png.a755fdb838ee44d5533f07a7bc2ca35e.png

Their fans on their forum generally seem to not mention the Consolidated over Club bit. Ghost of Clough has just proved me wrong- and his adjusted figures have them £3.5m over.

I just had a look at their forum. (One of the nice things about OTIB is the links section to other forums). Some fella saying about ankle bracelets St Paul’s and a strange obsession with Derby County. 

Strange bunch! 

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I just had a look at their forum. (One of the nice things about OTIB is the links section to other forums). Some fella saying about ankle bracelets St Paul’s and a strange obsession with Derby County. 

Strange bunch! 

Their forum has to be pound for pound one of the strangest mix of ignorance and arrogance.

I'm none too popular on there as an aside. On a much bigger scale, neither are Kieran Maguire and Matt Hughes, they truly think they know it all :laugh:

Hey Derby fans, thinking of Pride Park next year if you don't get sent down or in League 1 with Tranmere mates if you do and they win playoffs. :sub:

Gee Screamer II I've seen his posts before, he's particularly I dunno exactly how I'd describe the attention seeking idiot.

One thing is for sure, irrespective of the punishment or lack of, Cheats is quite fair now. Cheats, as per the EFL Verdict if indeed guilty.

Their rap sheet is longer than our injury list, amazed they've got away with so much for so long.

This is from the discussion on their forum:

Gee SCREAMER !!:

"Bristol city fans are quite strange aren't they.  Spend more time talking about Derby getting relegated than their own team. No surprise really. You think they'd realise that without proper teams like Derby and Wednesday their league campaign would as exiting as a Friday night out in the crap holes round St Pauls. 

Do you think they have their own register keeping them away from Pride Park or just nice ankle bracelets from the local constabulary."

6 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Gee SCREAMER !!:

"Bristol city fans are quite strange aren't they.  Spend more time talking about Derby getting relegated than their own team. No surprise really. You think they'd realise that without proper teams like Derby and Wednesday their league campaign would as exiting as a Friday night out in the crap holes round St Pauls. 

Do you think they have their own register keeping them away from Pride Park or just nice ankle bracelets from the local constabulary."

Any "crap hole round St Pauls" would piss all over anywhere in Derby.  It's got to be England's ugliest, most boring and least happening major urban area out there.

Has their ever been a band or music artiste of any coming from Derby, for instance?  Ner, it's a cultural wasteland, an intellectual void. 

21 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Gee SCREAMER !!:

They truly are a bunch of clowns, many of them.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Any "crap hole round St Pauls" would piss all over anywhere in Derby.  It's got to be England's ugliest, most boring and least happening major urban area out there.

Has their ever been a band or music artiste of any coming from Derby, for instance?  Ner, it's a cultural wasteland, an intellectual void. 

Have you ever known such an insular, unaware yet defending of cheating forum? Never seen much like it- agreed on Derby too. Pointless city if ever one existed- funny sounding Brummies?

18 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Haha so a Derby fan comes onto our forum and we are strange haha. Maybe they should look around everyone else's forum because its pretty much the same.

Never known such a bunch of deluded ***** on these matters. It's funny tbh.

As for Gee Screamer !!- was he dropped on his head as a baby. If not perhaps he should have been.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Never known such a bunch of deluded ***** on these matters. It's funny tbh.

As for Gee Screamer !!- was he dropped on his head as a baby. If not perhaps he should have been.

Yeah very precious bunch if our forum upsets their little comfort zones bless ?

I dont think anyone had anything against Derby at all until Frank Lampard came in. Their fans always seemed pretty fair on that forum but have obviously became touchy becoming the most hated club in efl.

Regarding this debacle @Mr Popodopolous Sheff wed and Birmingham must have valid grounds for legal action. Both took their punishment albeit got to choose when to take it. 

13 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah very precious bunch if our forum upsets their little comfort zones bless ?

I dont think anyone had anything against Derby at all until Frank Lampard came in. Their fans always seemed pretty fair on that forum but have obviously became touchy becoming the most hated club in efl.

Fairly deluded- you only have to see Twitter as well. Bless. ?

Yeah, since they got Lampard and Billy Big Bollocks and the Ground stuff came out in early April 2019, I think sentiment has really turned.

I don't much care for Sheffield Wednesday due to Stadium sale (sorry Owl Visiting!)- but I'll tell you one thing, much sooner Derby down over them. It's Amortisation, Lampard, Cocu, Rooney via 32Red, Keogh sacked, Keogh unfairly sacked- Appeal against that and now allegedly refusing to cooperate with EFL- and that's I'm sure to name a few!

On a football note, the delusion runs deep- few on their forum were targeting Adam Armstrong among the Summer signings! ??

Not necessarily an MA cock up, he has been among those pushing hard for deductions and going after clubs from what I understand.

As for the Derby one though, he should've been off the board a while ago as he brings it all into disrepute and frankly surely his time should be up now if nothing else.

7 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Oh look who the Championshup directors are. Another Ashton cock up and a bloke from Derby

Screenshot_20210511-004830_Samsung Internet.jpg

On a slight tangent, Ashtons blessed departure from us means he has to resign his EFL board directorship. The makeup as above is 3 Championship, 2 League One and 1 League Two. 

Of the league one reps, I thought I recognised the name Jez Moxey - been around the houses but primarily at Wolves when he was as unpopular as Ashton. Can’t see him stepping aside, so looks like Mark has to oust the Fleetwood rep if he wants to keep his “influence” on the EFL board that justified his monster salary 

7 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Oh look who the Championshup directors are. Another Ashton cock up and a bloke from Derby

Screenshot_20210511-004830_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not just Derby, but Reading are pushing FFP to its limits.  Not sure MA is serving SL’s interest that well when we see what the likes of Derby, Wednesday, Reading etc have gotten away with. 

14 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Gee SCREAMER !!:

In fairness the obsession about Derby on here is weird.

I'd personally like to see Derby go down as think they deserve it as much as Wednesday do. I won't lose any sleep either way.

From a purely administrative perspective the EFL are a joke. You know the potential outcomes and the timing of this decision. They surely must already have a perspective on whether they think a points deduction is warranted, and if so whether it should be applied to this season. To say they'll get to a decision as quickly as possible in a non specified time period smacks of either incompetence or backroom dealings. Delaying the decision isn't fair on the clubs involved, including Derby. 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not just Derby, but Reading are pushing FFP to its limits.  Not sure MA is serving SL’s interest that well when we see what the likes of Derby, Wednesday, Reading etc have gotten away with. 

It's hard to say. Aston Villa are the big ones who escaped unscathed. The key problem here is the lack of proper use of Projected Accounts, combined with that Fixed Asset loophole!

EFL eventually got the last laugh over Sheffield Wednesday. In and out of Embargo for 3 years which absolutely will have weakened them over time, though they were fortunate to get deduction halved but that 6 pts saw them down.

Could be argued that persistently in and out Embargo + Allegedly rapidly dropping wage bill + -Pts=Relegation.

Derby have lost an Appeal, we shall see what happens.

Reading have been dealt with too lightly but Reports have suggested they will be charged. See also Embargoes on and off.

Enforcement has definitely improved, or perhaps more accurately monitoring has- can Ashton take some of the credit here?

A lot of these issues date back to the Shaun Harvey era, moving forward I have more optimism.

Archived