3. Rowe- No 
  4. Hunt- No
  5. Watkins- No 
  6. Walsh- Dunno
  7. Simpson-Yep - 1 year as back up
  8. Gilmartin- No
  9. Lansbury- No
  10. Diedhiou- No 
  11. Weinmann- New deal (2 years?), but on lower terms than before.
  12. Paterson- No contract offer 
  13. Adelakun -  Dunno possibly the most interesting as Nige has never seen him and we could probably keep him for a relatively low wage.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pearson talked very enthusiastically about Walsh, so good chance he may want him to stay.  Whether he does or not is a different matter.

Matty James looking like he’s staying at Coventry.  Which might in a funny way lessen Walsh’s options!

I prefer to ignore your other suggestion ???

Lots of talk that they are selling Gustavo Hamer though..

1. Baker - Keep (Reduced terms, otherwise - Gone). 
  2. Mariappa- Gone
  3. Rowe- Gone
  4. Hunt- Gone
  5. Watkins- Gone
  6. Walsh- Keep
  7. Simpson- Keep
  8. Gilmartin- Gone
  9. Lansbury- Gone
  10. Diedhiou- Gone
  11. Weinmann- Keep
  12. Paterson- Gone
  13. Adelakun - Gone

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Weimann, Simpson, Baker & Walsh.

Think Paterson is sorted elsewhere (so is Diedhiou) & that Mariappa would only stay if Baker turns our offer down.

Expect the rest to go, Hunt, Rowe, Watkins, Lansbury, Adelakun, Wollacott (who you haven’t included) & Gilmartin, unless Pearson gets rid of Mountain instead.

It seems pretty much everyone agrees who needs releasing. Looks like a few question marks over Simpson, Mariappa and Adelakun. Interesting.

Think Paterson is sorted elsewhere (so is Diedhiou) & that Mariappa would only stay if Baker turns our offer down.

Expect the rest to go, Hunt, Rowe, Watkins, Lansbury, Adelakun, Wollacott (who you haven’t included) & Gilmartin, unless Pearson gets rid of Mountain instead.

It seems pretty much everyone agrees who needs releasing. Looks like a few question marks over Simpson, Mariappa and Adelakun. Interesting.

6 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Decisions this week. Whom do you think Nige will keep?

1. Baker - Keep
  2. Mariappa- Keep
  3. Rowe- Gone
  4. Hunt- Gone
  5. Watkins- Gone
  6. Walsh- Keep
  7. Simpson- Keep
  8. Gilmartin- Gone
  9. Lansbury- Keep
  10. Diedhiou- Gone
  11. Weinmann- Keep
  12. Paterson- Keep
  13. Adelakun - Gone

Baker and Weimann are 50/50 for me... Walsh is a possible but none of us can be sure if he is up to Champ standard... The rest can be released

I think Pearson will Keep: Weimann, Baker, Walsh, Simpson. 

However, I'm more worried about who is working on finding replacements for those players without Ashton's successor in place.

Some decent out of contract players available from other clubs, but feel we may arrive late to the negotiations. 

1. Baker - Release (Expensive with cheaper, more reliable alternatives available) 
  2. Mariappa- Release
  3. Rowe- Release
  4. Hunt- Release
  5. Watkins- Release
  6. Walsh- Offer new deal
  7. Simpson- Think he’ll be kept on but not seen enough to make a judgement. RB a position of priority.
  8. Gilmartin- Release
  9. Lansbury- Release
  10. Diedhiou- Release
  11. Weinmann- Take up 1 year option
  12. Paterson- Release (Not against a reduced deal but think he’ll get offers elsewhere)
  13. Adelakun - Release

6 hours ago, David Brent said:

I’m hoping the meeting goes a little like this.

I’d be offering deals to Weimann, Walsh and Baker. Though I suspect that Simpson will be offered one too. 

16892E62-0250-4BA2-A159-3A28C4A22DEA.jpeg

Let’s get it in perspective yeh, every cloud

1. Baker - Keep - I think as mentioned if he accepts a reduced offer
  2. Mariappa- Released
  3. Rowe- Released - can’t think of an argument for him to stay at all
  4. Hunt- Released - same as Rowe
  5. Watkins- Released
  6. Walsh- Keep
  7. Simpson- Keep
  8. Gilmartin- Released
  9. Lansbury- Keep
  10. Diedhiou- No choice as he’s off
  11. Weinmann- Keep
  12. Paterson- Released
  13. Adelakun - Released

7 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I was going off the Bristol Post info, so, you know

Though Gilmartin might stay as a coach?

Gillmartin cones over well on BCTV, not sure that alone is worth a new contract though.

15 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

1. Baker - Keep ?
  2. Mariappa- Gone
  3. Rowe- Gone
  4. Hunt- Gone
  5. Watkins- Gone
  6. Walsh- Keep
  7. Simpson- Keep
  8. Gilmartin- Gone
  9. Lansbury- Keep
  10. Diedhiou- Gone
  11. Weinmann- Keep
  12. Paterson- Gone
  13. Adelakun - Gone

Baker - Keep 1 Year Deal

Mariappa - Gone

Rowe -Gone

Hunt- Gone

Watkins- Gone

Walsh - Keep 2 Year Deal

Simpson- Keep 1 Year Deal

Gilmartin - coach in academy?

Lansbury- Gone

Fam - Gone

Weimann - Keep on existing 1 Yr extension

Paterson- Gone

Adelukan - Gone

Wollacot- Release

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’d be disappointed if we kept more than 3 of that list. 

Baker - no point as usually injured. Not paying him 20k a week to be available 60-70% of the time in a good year. Pass

Mariappa - I am all for experienced players but he will be 35 during next season. Pass

Simpson - same as Mariappa pass

Rowe - not a good enough backup at any position even though versatile. He really regressed after his injury. 33 next season so pass

Hunt - I have stuck with him for a long time but this season was a big regression on what was at best slightly above average RB. Pass

Watkins - I think he is useful but often injured and probably on a surprisingly high wage. Not paying that for backup. Pass

Lansbury - I can see merit to it. Think he started to show some signs of life. Played as a holding midfielder which I don’t think he is though. So I’ll pass and look for a more suitable type to that position who can run a game like NP seems to want. 

Gilmartin - pass

Walsh - I’d pass personally. Could regret it but I get the feeling he expects to play week in and week out but has never shown enough consistency with us for it. However, if NP offers him a deal then I’ll trust his judgement. 

Fam - think he has been gone for awhile now. I think the stick he is receiving is a bit OTT as he is a striker in the worst attacking team in championship history(could tell it that way with the shots stat). But anyway pass

Weimann - extending. I used to hate the excuse about weimann being a worker when his quality let us down. I also had some expectation of football being played. Now, I think we need that graft and experience over the next 2 seasons. Keep

Paterson - when pato and weimann went down injured is when our season really went up into flames. I’ll get the he isn’t consistent but he hasn’t been in a consistent position to get the best from him. 5 goals and 7 assists in half a season central with Bobby Reid. Hell he was at a goal contribution every 4 games (2 goals 3 assists in 20 compared to Palmer 3 goals 2 assists in 35) this season in a bad attacking side. He is a Bristol City level attacking player. If he was any better he’d be at a better club. I am keeping as a squad option. 

Adelakun - pass. Could regret it but think less chance than Walsh that we’d regret. 

So for me I’d keep Weimann and Paterson 100%. Can be persuaded into Walsh and a lesser extent Lansbury. Everyone else can just go and we rebuild with what is here. 

Had to laugh at the notion that Walsh 'has never shown enough consistency for us' to get a new deal. By my count he's started just 8 games for us over 3 seasons (with his successful Coventry spell in the middle) and 7 of those starts were as a 20 or 21 year old. Is that really enough time on the pitch to be able to talk accurately about his consistency? - I'm sure there are plenty of valid reasons not to offer Walsh a deal if we decide not to but 'consistency' is surely not one of them.

2 hours ago, WirralRobin said:

Had to laugh at the notion that Walsh 'has never shown enough consistency for us' to get a new deal. By my count he's started just 8 games for us over 3 seasons (with his successful Coventry spell in the middle) and 7 of those starts were as a 20 or 21 year old. Is that really enough time on the pitch to be able to talk accurately about his consistency? - I'm sure there are plenty of valid reasons not to offer Walsh a deal if we decide not to but 'consistency' is surely not one of them.

If he was consistent he would have played more, no? I did also say with us. At the minute he is seemingly behind at least 3 CMs at the club next season if you even discount Palmer. Add in Vyner and Scott and you wonder where he fits in

1. Baker - Keep on reduced terms. I still think he's a good player
  2. Mariappa - Keep as backup / rotation
  3. Rowe- Gone
  4. Hunt- Gone
  5. Watkins- Gone
  6. Walsh- Gone
  7. Simpson- Pay him whatever he wants because the match day threads and forum in general are better with him here ;) 
  8. Gilmartin- Gone 
  9. Lansbury- Keep. I think he's good and with a load of youngsters involved next year we need experience badly
  10. Diédhiou- Gone
  11. Weimann- Keep
  12. Paterson- Gone
  13. Adelakun - Gone

4 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Retained list should be released today am I right? Huddersfield just announced theirs...

Certainly in the next couple of days, Forest’s seems known as well, if not actually officially released.

Keep Weimann  and Walsh and bye to the rest.

Huddersfield have released 9, Ipswich 8, Walsall 8, Vale 15, Mansfield 7 (including one N Maynard).

Most clubs in the 92 will be looking to cut their squad sizes so there will be lots of opportunities to get good players who are OOC

Surprised seeing so many people wanting to keep Mariappa, from what i've seen he's been awful and he can't be on a cheap wage either.  If we're to start next season with him in the defensive line we've failed this clear out. Same goes for Tommy Rowe our defense has been shambolic and he's been a consistent part of it. 

22 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Surprised seeing so many people wanting to keep Mariappa, from what i've seen he's been awful and he can't be on a cheap wage either.  If we're to start next season with him in the defensive line we've failed this clear out. Same goes for Tommy Rowe our defense has been shambolic and he's been a consistent part of it. 

A third of what Baker is on, apparently.

He was available for selection 35 times & wasn’t even with us for the first 11, whereas Baker was available 3 times out of 46.

Perhaps that’s why?

I don’t think many see him as a regular starter, more as a reliable squad man.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He is thirty four, a second centre half, not the towering leader centre half that we need.

Cundy appears to be a good "pathway" back up for the new centre half. With Vyner, Kalas, Moore, Towler and maybe Baker as second centre halves, why would we need Mariappa? 

That list of defenders screams relegation to me

1 hour ago, Loderingo said:

Keep Weimann  and Walsh and bye to the rest.

Huddersfield have released 9, Ipswich 8, Walsall 8, Vale 15, Mansfield 7 (including one N Maynard).

Most clubs in the 92 will be looking to cut their squad sizes so there will be lots of opportunities to get good players who are OOC

And a certain Sam Baldock released by Reading....

17 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are they even going to release a retained list?

Judging on last season and the treatment of Smith, they won't.

Probably first we'll know is when Walsh rocks up on Stoke's website or something

They will, they usually do.

Bear in mind that at the end of last season there was no manager in place to officially make the call and own the decision on who to release.

10 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

11 going if you believe the BEP. Admittedly they are quoting Teamtalk. I could believe it tho. Its nearer the number I thought than the OP's (and others') suggestion (s).

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bristol-city-in-mass-clear-out-as-11-stars-told-to-find-new-clubs/

Archived