IGNORED

Delivery today at Robins High Performance Centre

shahanshahan

If a team bonding session (with whoever is going to be around next season) is needed to help change the direction, wipe the slate clean and improve the current squad moral then I'm all for it. 

Changing just the playing squad isn't going to fix the issues we have. This is about changing the culture and the mental side too. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.jpeg.702641fe037ec8ce2c198e8ec4ed80ce.jpeg

True story.

Many years ago, I had a Welsh girlfriend, a lovely girl from Carmarthen, but quite naive and certainly not 'streetwise'.

One day, she came to stay with me in Downend and, in an attempt to show her a bit of English country life and how it contrasted with south-west Wales, I took her out for lunch to The Dog in Old Sodbury. 

Of course, I paid for both drinks and lunch, but my girlfriend insisted on buying one last round before we went home.

I had been drinking Flowers (a very nice pint), but suggested that, as it was going to be my last drink, I fancied something just a little bit stronger and asked her to get me a pint of their speciality, Daffodils.

Bless her. She went to the bar alone and, in her beautiful, lilting Welsh accent, asked the barman for a pint of Daffodils.

I still feel guilty when I think of how she turned around from the bar red-faced with embarrassment, only to see me doubled up laughing with tears in my eyes.   

45 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

True story.

Many years ago, I had a Welsh girlfriend, a lovely girl from Carmarthen, but quite naive and certainly not 'streetwise'.

One day, she came to stay with me in Downend and, in an attempt to show her a bit of English country life and how it contrasted with south-west Wales, I took her out for lunch to The Dog in Old Sodbury. 

Of course, I paid for both drinks and lunch, but my girlfriend insisted on buying one last round before we went home.

I had been drinking Flowers (a very nice pint), but suggested that, as it was going to be my last drink, I fancied something just a little bit stronger and asked her to get me a pint of their speciality, Daffodils.

Bless her. She went to the bar alone and, in her beautiful, lilting Welsh accent, asked the barman for a pint of Daffodils.

I still feel guilty when I think of how she turned around from the bar red-faced with embarrassment, only to see me doubled up laughing with tears in my eyes.   

Bring a numbers man, when Mrs Fevs went to Sainsbury’s to get me some cans of 6X, couldn’t find any and asked me the difference between 6X and 4X, I could only reply with 2X.  She didn’t appreciate that!

Archived