IGNORED

BCFC 1982 LTD. Correction.

Rich

I'm fed up of correcting uneducated gasheads about their claims that we went bankrupt in 1982. I do it frequently on  Facebook and whenever there's a face to face with one of the unwashed, though that's becoming more infrequent as time passes.

For everyone's information and there's plenty on here who do believe the rubbish and lies spouted by the "pathological liars" as Danny Baker once described them. Bristol City Football Club did not go bankrupt.

A new company was formed with a share issue,  BCFC 1982 LTD. Assets were transferred to the new company apart from the registration of some players, who were then sold by the old company to pay off those agreed debts. Effectively it was a takeover and name change agreed by all parties, including the administrators whose job it is to try and save the company. The club kept it's registration with the football league, kept the ground and kept the red shirts, the rest is our more modern history.

I don't care what people think about the ethics, it's certainly a lot less immoral than trying to capitalise on that situation back then, by trying to buy the ground from the administrators, with no intention of saving the company. And it pales into insignificance when compared to doing a deal with the chairman of a failing rugby club, to buy it's share of the ground for £10k when it eventually did go bankrupt, knowing full well that it would, less than five months after that deal was signed and then claiming they saved the rugby club.

So don't believe the bullshit, BCFC did not go bankrupt.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm fed up of correcting uneducated gasheads about their claims that we went bankrupt in 1982. I do it frequently on  Facebook and whenever there's a face to face with one of the unwashed, though that's becoming more infrequent as time passes.

For everyone's information and there's plenty on here who do believe the rubbish and lies spouted by the "pathological liars" as Danny Baker once described them. Bristol City Football Club did not go bankrupt.

A new company was formed with a share issue,  BCFC 1982 LTD. Assets were transferred to the new company apart from the registration of some players, who were then sold by the old company to pay off those agreed debts. Effectively it was a takeover and name change agreed by all parties, including the administrators whose job it is to try and save the company. The club kept it's registration with the football league, kept the ground and kept the red shirts, the rest is our more modern history.

I don't care what people think about the ethics, it's certainly a lot less immoral than trying to capitalise on that situation back then, by trying to buy the ground from the administrators, with no intention of saving the company. And it pales into insignificance when compared to doing a deal with the chairman of a failing rugby club, to buy it's share of the ground for £10k when it eventually did go bankrupt, knowing full well that it would, less than five months after that deal was signed and then claiming they saved the rugby club.

Why does it matter now?

I dont think anyone cares what they say. I find it funny when one of them makes a comment about 82. Just like we could say about 2015. At the end of the day they have been **** all for 20 odd years and harp on about their time in the 90's. We are better than them in every single way apart from trying to steal stadiums and lying through their teeth.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why does it matter now?

Because it's a lie. And, I like to defend my club from those that like to scar and tar it's image. We're good enough at that ourselves.

If we take this lie away from them, they have even less to banter with.

Just now, Rich said:

Because it's a lie. And, I like to defend my club from those that like to scar and tar it's image. We're good enough at that ourselves.

If we take this lie away from them, they have even less to banter with.

Well if people were smart they wouldn't listen to their lies but wael and joey seem to have fallen into their trap.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well if people were smart they wouldn't listen to their lies but wael and joey seem to have fallen into their trap.

It's like politics, if you say something enough, people believe it.

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Why does it matter now?

I’m glad @Rich has brought this up again. 
I recently had a spat with one of the Sags on the BP site who started quoting 1982 etc but I never had all the info to hand so couldn’t respond how I wanted to - just ignored the **** in the end. 

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

Many thanks @Rich for spelling it out so clearly.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Rich not knocking you but in my terminology we did not service our debts in full no matter how you want to put it City failed, remember long before pf5 listening to a tranny for news and also radio Luxembourg 

8 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Rich not knocking you but in my terminology we did not service our debts in full no matter how you want to put it City failed, remember long before pf5 listening to a tranny for news and also radio Luxembourg 

If that’s what you want us to believe Dave, you carry on. ???

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If that’s what you want us to believe Dave, you carry on. ???

He/she knew what they saying. Don,t remember carry on rolling on the floor laughing but wouldn't put it past them just like just like our strikers ?

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Even Adrian Durham was mocking Joey Barton on his Talksport show this afternoon - I don’t particularly like Durham but to hear him slagging off Joey was delicious - he highlighted the fact that when Barton took over at the roverzzz’ helm he said he’d “seen enough after one training session to know that Rovers would stay up” - Durham then pinpointed Barton’s horrendous points tally from that point until the end of the season whilst chiming in with “that was one of the worst predictions ever!” - top man!

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Even Adrian Durham was mocking Joey Barton on his Talksport show this afternoon - I don’t particularly like Durham but to hear him slagging off Joey was delicious - he highlighted the fact that when Barton took over at the roverzzz’ helm he said he’d “seen enough after one training session to know that Rovers would stay up” - Durham then pinpointed Barton’s horrendous points tally from that point until the end of the season whilst chiming in with “that was one of the worst predictions ever!” - top man!

Yeah he made lots of silly comments. He called it peeling back the layers or something of the sort. As others have said as soon as it started going pear shaped the blame finger came out and it was pointing everywhere ! Obviously I am no expert but the last thing I would be doing to a team bereft of confidence and ability is tear into them publicly game after game. Then to tear into ex managers especially PT who has plenty more experience in the efl then he does is just classless. 

Only after 10 games when they sit bottom half of league 2 will the remaining thickos realise it was a mistake.

10 hours ago, Rich said:

And you think one of those inbreds is going to be able to understand that lot? I've got a degree in Economics and an Accountancy qualification, and I struggle with it...???

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Theres an easy way to deal with this nonsense. Mention two things..

Bristol City 1982 has had way more success in the last 39 years than their club has ever had, in their whole existence and has been a league club for much longer too!!

That shuts em up.

Just now, Riaz said:

Theres an easy way to deal with this nonsense. Mention two things..

Bristol City 1982 has had way more success in the last 39 years than their club has ever had, in their whole existence and has been a league club for much longer too!!

That shuts em up.

It doesn’t.

The things we’ve ‘won’ are not important enough to overshadow their ridiculous belief that we are only 39 years old as a club.

Im pretty sure I saw Rich shut a Gashead up on the Bristol.Live site the other day after they claimed we’ve only been around since 1982. It was quite glorious ?

So funny when you see, literally, the only thing they have being taken from them.

8 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Genuine question. Why do people still get wound up by a team who've not been a rival in around 15 years or so? 

Yes they play in the same city, however they're a complete irrelevance and have been for some time. 

That's not taking some weird high ground. We've not played them with any regularity for years and since the Taylor transfer have had naff all to do with them realistically. 

Do you live or work in Bristol? If you do then you must be very lucky not to know any Tesco Baggers on a conversational level and therefore have to listen to the incessant BS and bluster that they feed off. If you don't live round these parts then I can tell you that is one reason that City fans enjoy putting them in their place. Whether their team and club is an irrelevance or not you have fans who go to desperate measures to try and stay relevant. You are dealing with people who are buzzing on Monday morning that City have lost their game 1-0 even when their shower get gubbed 5-1.

I have nly ever had one job where I had to work with gasheads, unfortunately it was around 97-99 which was the ast time in history they were anywhere around us in regards to league placings. If we went in and they were above us in the league they were unbearable. This period of my life has stayed with me in footballing terms and also means I will never wish them well.

22 hours ago, Rich said:

Why you arguing with gasheads?

A wise man once said never argue with fools because from a distance it’s hard to tell who’s who!

21 hours ago, reddoh said:

You could look at it another way. The incumbents running the club at the time failed but, the people that took over made a success of it.

12 hours ago, SecretSam said:

And you think one of those inbreds is going to be able to understand that lot? I've got a degree in Economics and an Accountancy qualification, and I struggle with it...???

They only need to know it's a lie.

Archived