IGNORED

BCFC 1982 LTD. Correction.

Rich

10 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Exactly. A fair bit of protestething too much from the op. Seems rattled.

If I only knew what protestething meant.

Rattled, no. That is unless you think that wanting people to know the truth and, what is claimed by their supporters and even believed by some of our supporters, is factually incorrect. If that's the case, then I'm rattled.

Can you imagine using a lie to ridicule the inbreds from north of the river? I don't believe there's one thing that's used by us about them when taking the mick, that isn't true.

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

They only need to know it's a lie.

It's as simple as that. It goes without saying this is still the same club it was a hundred years ago. Businesses restructure all the time, especially football clubs. I suppose Rovers formed a new club when Dwane Sports took over did they? 

8 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

That's great and all, but nowt all to do with us. 

Stop listening to them and they go away. Feed them and they'll be back for more. 

Why fight or entertain something you dont need to. Exeter and Swindon are their rivals currently. 

Makes no sense to keep doing it. 

Regardless of what you think, they are still our rivals. They might not be competing in the same division as us but, they compete in the same city as us and the same football league structure as us. If fortunes had been a little worse (if possible) for us this year and, they'd managed to sneak a few more points, we would have effectively been on a par with them next season, perish the thought. I personally wish and hope that we never play them again, as we're always on a hiding to nothing.

As it is, they compete with us for supporters and, with the help of the media and misinformed people, they close the gap morally in some peoples eyes, by spouting lies, supported by people that don't highlight the inaccuracies.

For example, greatest fans, most loyal fans, major investment, family club, Stadium, 40,000 at Wembley, etc, etc. Then the media love to highlight anything bad with our club, while highlighting theirs. This might just persuade people, that they are on a par with us, or, that we are not a very nice club. That is why I try to correct their lies.

40 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Why you arguing with gasheads?

A wise man once said never argue with fools because from a distance it’s hard to tell who’s who!

That's from the outside looking in. In this respect and armed with the facts, it's easy to differentiate who the fools are.

I only see to correct them, not argue, otherwise I'd be arguing it all the time.

5 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

If.... If.... 

It didnt though. 

Why fight a 40 year old battle as if its relevant??

People have freedom of choice.  And a one person social media war basically shows you're playing their game and not your own. 

Live longer, have better mental health not fighting trolls online. 

The lies are out there and repeated today, not forty years ago, which makes it relevant.

Let me get this straight, I don't spend my time fighting a war, I just correct people if I have time on my hands. It doesn't take long to make a post on a media platform. It doesn't hurt me to do it, so I do.

Thanks for your concerns though.

23 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Genuine question. Why do people still get wound up by a team who've not been a rival in around 15 years or so? 

Yes they play in the same city, however they're a complete irrelevance and have been for some time. 

That's not taking some weird high ground. We've not played them with any regularity for years and since the Taylor transfer have had naff all to do with them realistically. 

WTF? Go and wash your mouth out, what are you, 12? I live in Bucks and I used to know a Slaghead. FFS...?

It makes me laugh when they bring up 1982. It's far more embarrassing for them than it is for us. We went bust and (by #gaslogic) a "new" club formed. And yet that "new" club has consistently outpaced them.

We're playing some very big clubs next season, they are looking forward to Barrow away. Mind the gap!

Even some of our own supporters think we went bankrupt. Gas heads use this as as argument when they have nothing else to say. I point out that if we went bankrupt , there would have been no need for our eight players to RIP up their contracts and we would have lost our ground. 

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nope not 12, nor keen to try and promote a rivalry that doesnt exist in reality , but is stuck in history. 

It's very real for me. I can't imagine it's any less for Nottingham, Stoke or other places where there's a gap between the teams.

Archived